Make conclave exclusive items available from other sources

GeeseGoosey

It takes me 20 minutes to match with a squad for any game mode in conclave if I join one at all, it's nearly impossible to max out standing for the day. I think that making the exclusive conclave items like skins be available from sources like steel path honours or even nightwave would make these really cool skins more available to players.

• Like 8

If you have trouble finding matches consider watching this:

On the skin matter.. The Conclave skins are there to represent your dedication for the pvp mode. It wouldn't make sense to break the syndicates reason of existence for a gameplay irrelevant matter, neither lore wise. Many of the auxilary pvp mods can be aquired from pve and some augments can be used in pve now, after DE considered them to be decent enough to improve the gameplay experience in pve. And that is fine, but it wouldn't make any sense to do the same with the skins that have no impact on gameplay at all and which description itself states this:

Bow to the Conclave with this weapon skin.

However it would be another matter to ask for look alike skins that do not have the Conclave sigil branded into them tho.

• Like 9

DE threw Conclave out of their minds a long time ago, so I can see them thinking about it. Sadly, Conclave players are extremely loud and would most likely scream when someone takes away their validation in form of exclusive cosmetics, just like they did back when Universal Medallions could be used for their standing.

Their reasoning will be something like - "but that would remove all incentive to play Conclave!", all while there's already no incentive in the first place; it's just a dead mode that should be deleted from the game. And no, the fact that there's around 100 active Conclave players that organize matches through various 3rd party sources like Discord does not indicate that the mode is alive, just that it's on maximum life support with DE hovering over it, ready to pull the plug.

Edited by Incongruous
  • Like 11

When they removed raids, there was some... resistance against it. But in the end, nothing changed.

Conclave players may scream and cry... but if DE remove that dead gamemode (tbh... they should be do it asap) they will complaim, but nothing will change too.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Incongruous said:

DE threw Conclave out of their minds a long time ago, so I can see them thinking about it. Sadly, Conclave players are extremely loud and would most likely scream when someone takes away their validation in form of exclusive cosmetics, just like they did back when Universal Medallions could be used for their standing.

Their reasoning will be something like - "but that would remove all incentive to play Conclave!", all while there's already no incentive in the first place; it's just a dead mode that should be deleted from the game. And no, the fact that there's around 100 active Conclave players that organize matches through various 3rd party sources like Discord does not indicate that the mode is alive, just that it's on maximum life support with DE hovering over it, ready to pull the plug.

Why so toxic these days? Even the big content creators can reason sober about the game unless it comes to Conclave. And then they just parrot meme posts and unreasoned rage posts from jealous people instead of doing their own research on the matters. I guess its easier to have a scape goat to convince others smh.

They never threw it out of their minds. The only reason they stopped development on it was the massive pve content drought while the mode was in a pretty solid state at that time. The reason it has some balance issues now comes from the 4 years of neglect where reworks bleeded over due to the pvp code being balanced on the pve code through multipliers. Even at this point lots of the issues can be fixed easily with some minimal changes in the code and a server/lobby browser one can scrap up quite fast.

In fact 2020 was supposed to be the year of them comming back to pvp, but then covid happened and they had to postpone those plans due to the entire work from home restructure. Last update on the matter we got was Scott stating work on pvp during the last Tenno Live, so its definitely not out of their minds, mind you.

You say Conclave players are extremely loud while all they do is defend and educate about the part of the game they enjoy. They're still players that contribute revenue to Warframe which contributes even to pve lol. That said have you even the slightest idea of what unreasonable bs is thrown at them for no reason. Starting with "haha Conclave bad, give upvote" over nonsense backseat gamer demands to "just remove it"?

Even the entire uni med nonsense you mentioned is scape goated bs like that.

Here some insight:

Spoiler

tldw: That "twitter guy" is one of you pve players who had made his way through the syndicate and found the uni med matter unfair after considering his own efforts. Literally non of the Conclave regulars from all the regions across the globe ever heard about him before. Most if not all dedicated Conclave players didn't give a shiet about the uni med matter and merely argued about unreasonable bs demands while stating a proper implemention would be required if it became a thing.

The biggest incentive about Conclave is the gameplay itself, because it is hella fun and there is nothing alike out there. Closest games would be Titanfall, Quake and GunZ which are quite different to begin with. The Syndicate is merely an extra, the cherry on the cake and it can function as a curiosity ice breaker for players who are new to the mode, yes.

True its on life support due to the already mentioned 4 year neglect and the exploits caused from that. And still the players are still contributing to Warframe's revenue, so why remove it? It doesn't hurt anybody to be there, the community is quite chill and if it really were that bad DE would've already removed it to begin with. It and the rewards since they're redundant to the main game, the mods that are available in pve are auxilary at best.

Edited by Loxyen
  • Like 11

When they removed raids, there was some... resistance against it. But in the end, nothing changed.

Conclave players may scream and cry... but if DE remove that dead gamemode (tbh... they should be do it asap) they will complaim, but nothing will change too.

Raids got removed because they were locking in a popular gameplay mechanic (Arcanes) while they broke over and over again due to reworks and newly introduced stuff. It was quite the upkeep mammoth while player retention dwindled massively. Conclave is nothing like that. Its seperated from pve and has no influence on it at all, beside the couple auxilary mods DE deemed worth implementing after receiving their changes to fit pve already. In fact it is vice versa due to the pvp balance being based on the pve code with some multipliers on top. There is no reason to remove it when it has no influence on the main game, but has a dedicated playerbase.

Spoiler

And fyi before any nonsense comes up:

Yes even Conclave players played raids and mourned about their removal, who could've thought about that.

The flawed pie chart that DE published on stream about mission type frequenzy, which so many ppl try to rely on while arguing that Conclave players are only 1% failed to represent Conclave's player retention as much as it did with Survival missions (one of the all time favourite mission types at that time), which DE even called out. Why? Its due to the trait of being an endless mission which binds players longer while stuff like a Capture or Exterminate mission can be spammed and speed runned heavily. Not to mention that the Conclave lobbies are an endless cycle which only ends once all players left, which doesn't even include the dedicated servers who function as a lobby, but are online the entire time and only close when the hosting guy shuts it down.

Edited by Loxyen
  • Like 11

Why do people hate Conclave so much? 

God forbid someone has something you don't (because you yourself choose not to pursue it.) Stuff that doesn't even have any sort of stat benefit or anything similar.

Want the Conclave stuff? (which honestly isn't really all that great) Play Conclave!

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Why do people hate Conclave so much? 

God forbid someone has something you don't (because you yourself choose not to pursue it.) Stuff that doesn't even have any sort of stat benefit or anything similar.

Want the Conclave stuff? (which honestly isn't really all that great) Play Conclave!

Ikr!? DE even was ready to compromise and removed standing gain being tied to the Conclave sigils, because many deemed them unnecessary while they had a great influence on your standing gain back then. But also were required to be bought for reputation.

• Like 10

If you don't like conclave, don't play it. Not getting the rewards really isn't that big of a deal considering almost all of them are completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 

If you want to find games, play at peak times, make friends, be a good person all around. You will enjoy your time in conclave more, find way more games, and have a way more enjoyable experience than grinding it either by boosting or abusing broken weapons. 

Also keep in mind, this is just a game. If its not fun, why bother? The rewards really won't make up for a very long and unenjoyable journey. 

You don't need those skins. 

• Like 13

I mean, mostly what people always seem to want is the Syandana.

I assume these people don't realize that you have to play Conclave in larger amounts and regularly to keep the syandana glowing. It is a very old syandana, too. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Celestia_Syandana

"Every daily challenge completed ignites a single flame on both sides. Completing all weekly Conclave challenges will light up the syandana to its fullest. Every day disables a single set of flames. "

edit: I wonder if you have to do the Lunaro ones, too. hmm. 

Edited by SpicyDinosaur
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

Aw sh*t, here we go again.

The wholesome Warframe community losing all their braincells the moment Warframe doesn't bend itself over backwards to shower them with shinies. 

Imagine scrolling all the way down to Conclave section of the forums to whine about how "loud" Conclave players are because a game won't give you some old pixels. Imagine the sense of entitlement and sheer lack of self-awareness that takes. I feel sorry for these people, they obviously weren't meant to be born with thumbs and they just can't handle it. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, traybong111 said:

The wholesome Warframe community losing all their braincells the moment Warframe doesn't bend itself over backwards to shower them with shinies. 

Imagine scrolling all the way down to Conclave section of the forums to whine about how "loud" Conclave players are because a game won't give you some old pixels. Imagine the sense of entitlement and sheer lack of self-awareness that takes. I feel sorry for these people, they obviously weren't meant to be born with thumbs and they just can't handle it. 

Imagine being mad about someone having the gull of saying that a bad and dead gamemode is bad and dead. Also, imagine that any new threads show up on the right side of the main-page, in the "New Topics" section, so no scrolling was involved in me replying in here.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GeeseGoosey said:

It takes me 20 minutes to match with a squad for any game mode in conclave if I join one at all, it's nearly impossible to max out standing for the day. I think that making the exclusive conclave items like skins be available from sources like steel path honours or even nightwave would make these really cool skins more available to players.

Did you try using recruiting chat?

2 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

Nice false equivalence you got there. Raids weren't removed because they had low player engagement, they were removed because they bugged out and required hotfixes after almost every update. 

Besides, do you really think removing things based on low player engagement is a good idea?

It's a really good thing you're not on the dev team, because removing everything with low player engagement means removing pet breeding, mining/fishing, Eidolons, the new player experience, all quests, etc... 

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Incongruous said:

Imagine being mad about someone having the gull of saying that a bad and dead gamemode is bad and dead. Also, imagine that any new threads show up on the right side of the main-page, in the "New Topics" section, so no scrolling was involved in me replying in here.

Imagine still not getting the irony of coming into a forum section for a game mode you don't even play and whining about other people there all over some old pixels. How do people like you even remember how to breathe with that low of a self-awareness. 

Edited by traybong111
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

No comment, what kind of nonsense mixed with toxicity is that ?? Do you think if DE deletes the game-mode you'll magically be able to get PvP cosmetics?

4 hours ago, Incongruous said:

What do you know about Conclave players? Most likely nothing mate.

You are taking a single butt-hurt player that barely scratched the surface of PvP (Raven's Quote, the twitter guy) that only played to get cosmetics, as the whole community.

People that still play literally don't care about "validation" or stupid concepts like that: cosmetics and standing are the least of our priorities.

We just enjoy the game-play, and if you're not happy with that, leave us alone.

Stop painting the Conclave community in such a despicable way.

Edited by -Gwanox
What do you know
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Incongruous said:

Sadly, Conclave players are extremely loud and would most likely scream when someone takes away their validation in form of exclusive cosmetics, just like they did back when Universal Medallions could be used for their standing.

You're right that Conclave players were not happy about the universal medallions, but wrong about the reason. At the time there was still hope that DE would come back to the mode, fix the exploits, and breathe new life into it. When they announced the universal medallions it really sounded like they were giving up on the game-mode altogether. The same thing happened when DE added Arcanes to the Scarlet Spear event. Eidolon hunters became upset not because "their exclusive rewards" were being taken away but because they felt that there were still improvements and fixes to be made in Eidolon hunting that would now likely get swept under the rug for even longer.

Also, saying that a community of players is "extremely loud" and would "most likely scream" really detracts from anything useful you could contribute to the discussion. Being toxic reflects badly on you, not on the people you are being toxic to.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, GeeseGoosey said:

Join conclave discord server. There's a bunch of active players that would play with u. Possibly even teach u. If you choose not to follow loxyens advice on finding a match or mine you're just making excuses. It's not hard to find a match just hookup with some ppl that play. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Incongruous said:

I think you got it backwards buddy. Conclave players defend the type of gamemode the rewards were originally made for. The pve players are the loud and salty ones. All you do is scream, whine, and complain that you can't get the rewards in a non pvp format.  Well boohoo just play conclave.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, GeeseGoosey said:

Make conclave exclusive items available from other sources

... That would defeat the very purpose of "exclusivity"...

I don't even care about Conclave, but if they are Conclave exclusive then they should remain exclusive.

What you should've asked:

I have problems finding Conclave matches. Is there an easier way to get matched up?

To which someone, not necessary the player I'm going to quote just now, would say:

3 hours ago, Loxyen said:

If you have trouble finding matches consider watching this:

On the skin matter.. The Conclave skins are there to represent your dedication for the pvp mode. It wouldn't make sense to break the syndicates reason of existence for a gameplay irrelevant matter, neither lore wise. Many of the auxilary pvp mods can be aquired from pve and some augments can be used in pve now, after DE considered them to be decent enough to improve the gameplay experience in pve. And that is fine, but it wouldn't make any sense to do the same with the skins that have no impact on gameplay at all and which description itself states this:

Bow to the Conclave with this weapon skin.

However it would be another matter to ask for look alike skins that do not have the Conclave sigil branded into them tho.

Which, afterwards, you would be thankful for the information and start shooting people in the face.. or ground smashing... or whatever.

• Like 6

here come the angry conclave players
all 10 of them

unless DE adds a corpus vs grineer pvp mode with new war, they should absolutely add the conclave items into teshins steel path item pool
conclave is dead and it is near impossible to find a match
and even on the off chance you can actually find one, the pvp is hot garbage that shouldn't even exist

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, rachjumper said:

all 10 of them

the pvp is hot garbage that shouldn't even exist

Looking at the thread, the only people showing anger are the ones that are hating on Conclave like you, not the others 🤡 

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, rachjumper said:

all 10 of them

Being toxic reflects badly on you, not on the people you are being toxic towards.

Worth remembering 👍

• Like 6