Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make conclave exclusive items available from other sources

GeeseGoosey

Just now, Loxyen said:

Yea and thats what they do...

Most Conclave players aren't fundamentally against the bot idea, but how'd you code them to be better than that and how would you compose their difficulty so everyone is engaged? The reason them arguing against it is because nobody came up with answeres to that.

Record the bots those Warframe bots are fighting and it's clear that better bots already exist, they're just not put on the player's side. We've got good bots on the enemy side in the Index, in the Arena, in Dog Days. Liches are bots, Sisters are bots, bosses are bots. The entire rest of the game is bots. And they can do a lot of cool things when they aren't intentionally lobotomized or killed in nanoseconds. With how many people have trouble with Garesh in Dog Days, I think getting good bots is easier than you'd think...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/fOfZi6atWolcZuotLD/giphy.gif

Not that that's even the purpose, the purpose of bots would be as a loss-leader to just get people to try it. They don't need to be Dank Souls bosses that players are expected to learn the moves of and time dodges to, they're just there to make the match start. If players know they can make progress in Conclave without having to dig through their options, use trial and error to find a region, or fuss with a Discord bot then maybe they'll be more likely to give it a shot. You don't need many to get full matches going.

6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Record the bots those Warframe bots are fighting and it's clear that better bots already exist, they're just not put on the player's side. We've got good bots on the enemy side in the Index, in the Arena, in Dog Days. Liches are bots, Sisters are bots, bosses are bots. The entire rest of the game is bots. And they can do a lot of cool things when they aren't intentionally lobotomized or killed in nanoseconds. With how many people have trouble with Garesh in Dog Days, I think getting good bots is easier than you'd think...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/fOfZi6atWolcZuotLD/giphy.gif

Not that that's even the purpose, the purpose of bots would be as a loss-leader to just get people to try it. They don't need to be Dank Souls bosses that players are expected to learn the moves of and time dodges to, they're just there to make the match start. If players know they can make progress in Conclave without having to dig through their options, use trial and error to find a region, or fuss with a Discord bot then maybe they'll be more likely to give it a shot. You don't need many to get full matches going.

These are bots, those are bots, we all are bots.

Jokes aside thats literally the first post on that matter with valid reasoning behind that I've read here so far and while reading I've been thinking about Titanfall's Attrition. One could take it as inspiration for a Conclave implemention.

Attrition is a game mode that appears in Titanfall and Titanfall 2. It serves as a team deathmatch-style gametype, with the goal being to kill as many enemies as possible to obtain points. Points are awarded by killing both AI-controlled opponents (Grunts and Spectres, Stalkers and Reapers appear later in Titanfall 2) and pilots, where killing the latter rewards more points for the team. The first team to get 300 Attrition points (650 in Titanfall 2) wins the match. Like other gametypes, the match ends with an epilogue, limiting every player to one life where the winning team is tasked with eliminating any enemies retreating to a dropship.

I'd love to see an AI improvement for the Warframe bots. It'll also contribute to the pve specters.

3 hours ago, Loxyen said:

I've been thinking about Titanfall's Attrition. One could take it as inspiration for a Conclave implemention.

Something like Destiny's Gambit is a pretty popular PvEvP suggestion, too. There's certainly room for bots that aren't meant to replace players in new game modes; the old Solar Rail Conflicts had NPC troops in the fight alongside players.

On 2021-08-22 at 6:07 PM, GeeseGoosey said:

the problem is that since it's had no attention for years no one plays so a bunch of cool items aren't available to most players

So you propose to solve the problem by allowing the mode to be entirely bypassed instead of asking for DE to solve the lack of attention to the mode, you know, the actual problem 🤔

On 2021-08-22 at 6:09 PM, GeeseGoosey said:

listen i didn't mean to bring the conclave players back from the grave i just want my damn sybaris skin

Did you already get it but can't use it because of a bug or something? In that case you might want to talk to support instead since otherwise talking about something you want but can't get shows that your only motivation to make this post is a huge sense of self entitlement, which gets even more noticeable since your whole argument boils down to demeaning players from the conclave community while parroting the usual reddit/GD memes.

@GeeseGoosey

I'm... Look, there seems to be plenty of people discussing something really obvious here, but I just want to point something out that's also pretty obvious...

On 2021-08-22 at 11:09 PM, GeeseGoosey said:

i just want my damn sybaris skin

Here's the truth that you may, or may not, accept (still the truth, no less)... All Conclave weapon skins are crap looking (Not to disrespect the DE employee that made them but... they could've been done better) when compared to proper coloring a weapon...

... My opinion... *shrugs*

But, I don't know... I mean, I'm no fashion framer but~, even though I personally think they're unattractive even for fashion frame, every person that I asked about those told me pretty much the same thing... So~, its just not a "personal answer" if more than just one person is saying it...

• 2 months later...

The playerbase is so low that it's easy for people to manipulate lobbies so they can earn standing and do their weeklies quite easily. Most people just grab a clan mate, friend, or a random and join conclave at the same time so that they match together.

Hell, nowadays all I find are lobbies where two people are helping each other get their challenges done for conclave loot. It's actually super simple.

Because let's be honest...nobody wants to play conclave. I'm an old veteran. Nobody knows me, nobody cares, but I have been playing conclave legitimately for the past 4 years and honestly that time wasted simply was not worth the effort. 

Saying it's dead isn't toxic, it's the truth and a generally bad experience no matter if you like it or not. It's not "subjective" anymore when 99% of the playerbase has practically rejected it's existence. 

Really substantial changes need to happen if there is ever a hope to bring in a large influx of players.

In short; Yes, conclave items should be obtainable from other sources. Players are already exploiting matchmaking to earn conclave items so, I don't see how this would be a big deal.

• 3 months later...

in the end there are exactly 9 conclave players and every single one replied

i dont think that having gamemode and its rewards completely unavailable and wanting to be able to get the rewards makes me entitled, i just happen to enjoy having fun in video games and making my guns look (subjectively) cool. Im not sure what exactly y'all's logic is but i think that making these things available from a different source is the only logical solution. there's not a large enough playerbase to make a substantial rework a financially viable option, but it just exists in a vacuum with a few dedicated players that will defend it relentlessly.

28 minutes ago, GeeseGoosey said:

Could you show your sources that back this claim up? Because without them this only looks like yet another attempt to make a point by belittling part of the playerbase.

29 minutes ago, GeeseGoosey said:

i dont think that having gamemode and its rewards completely unavailable and wanting to be able to get the rewards makes me entitled

The rewards are available tied to a gamemode and anyone can get them. You want the rewards without playing the gamemode and that's what makes you self entitled.

32 minutes ago, GeeseGoosey said:

Im not sure what exactly y'all's logic is but i think that making these things available from a different source is the only logical solution.

Fixing conclave bugs and balance, making improvements to matchmaking, integrating the lode into the game's economy and encouraging people to play it sounds like an even more logical solution. 

Making them available somewhere else would be just bending over backwards to self entitled players.

35 minutes ago, GeeseGoosey said:

there's not a large enough playerbase to make a substantial rework a financially viable option, but it just exists in a vacuum with a few dedicated players that will defend it relentlessly.

The playerbase can grow, but it requires some minor investment on DE's side which turns this whole thing into an egg and chicken scenario. If PvP was fixed and encouraged, DE could increase player retention with low maintenance content instead of having high peaks for big updates that drop quite low rather quickly a couple of weeks later while some people start screaming "content drought" at them.

the conclave try hards will try everything to keep conclave stuff exclusive but the mode is not really all that fun when you join a match and while using chroma school a rhino who had iron skin on with your aklex prime just to have a forced host migration to the waiting for players screen because they rage quit when iron skin face tanking did not help for 3 solid attempts, that was the only attempt at conclave I ever tried and it was enough to show me this game mode really should not exist, add the rewards to barro and nightwave and kill conclave off to save the rest of the game all the complaints.

20 hours ago, GeeseGoosey said:

i dont think that having gamemode and its rewards completely unavailable and wanting to be able to get the rewards makes me entitled, i just happen to enjoy having fun in video games and making my guns look (subjectively) cool. Im not sure what exactly y'all's logic is but i think that making these things available from a different source is the only logical solution. there's not a large enough playerbase to make a substantial rework a financially viable option, but it just exists in a vacuum with a few dedicated players that will defend it relentlessly.

Didn't you learn anything from the first two pages of the thread?

The lesson is this: If you have a good idea and want people on your side, beginning the statement with a toxic stance means nobody will be on your side. 

Hell, the conclave players I know aren't even opposed to the idea. Making skins tradeable is popular, duplicating the skins into a PvE version where the conclave symbol is forced to be the same as the surrounding color is another alternative. But nobody wants to discuss these ideas with you.

I suggest making a new thread with your suggestions but leaving out all the snide comments and toxic remarks, because you ruined all possibility of respectful discussion in this one, several times.

Out of curiosity, if the syandana from the Conclave shop was available in alternate ways, would non-PvPers really want it? You have to do all the dailies and weeklies for conclave regularly to keep that thing looking as awesome as it does, so you'd still have to do conclave.

There is nothing wrong with items being exclusive to a game mode, and you are welcome to play conclave and earn said items.

On 2021-08-22 at 10:51 PM, Loxyen said:

The biggest incentive about Conclave is the gameplay itself, because it is hella fun

maybe if you're one of those people who drink 20 cans of monster a day, but us normal people don't find it fun, we don't have the reflexes or reaction time to play it.

On 2022-02-20 at 1:23 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

Out of curiosity, if the syandana from the Conclave shop was available in alternate ways, would non-PvPers really want it? You have to do all the dailies and weeklies for conclave regularly to keep that thing looking as awesome as it does, so you'd still have to do conclave.

I'm sure that if the celestia syandana was made available from other source, then pve players would double down on their crusade to have a pve way to light it up or have it ignited permanently (disregarding that some of us who like conclave prefer the syandana at 3/4 levels since it covers too much screen when fully ignited)

At the of the day that's how self entitled people acts: give them a hand and they'll reach for the shoulder.

PS: I'm sure i had posted this before in this same thread with the same words and was deleted due to unknown reasons. I guess belittling part of the community to make a point is fine (those comments are still there) but calling those same people out on their strong sense of self entitlement somehow isn't.

4 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

PS: I'm sure i had posted this before in this same thread with the same words and was deleted due to unknown reasons. I guess belittling part of the community to make a point is fine (those comments are still there) but calling those same people out on their strong sense of self entitlement somehow isn't.

Same old, same old.

On 2022-02-24 at 8:17 AM, nerfinator6 said:

maybe if you're one of those people who drink 20 cans of monster a day, but us normal people don't find it fun, we don't have the reflexes or reaction time to play it.

lol you don't need the sickest reflexes on earth neither being cracked up by tons of sugar for this.

Its a 3rd person shooter with high mobility. If your opponents can use mobility to their advantage so can you. You don't even need to go high mobility. Tank meta is a thing in the mode for years. Just use your own movement for positioning and line up shots. Its not Conclave's fault that Warframe has devolved into an aoe spam fest with no incentive for a mobility learning curve beside press w and bjump... You gonna learn the movement pattern as you play and thus be able to react to them properly.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just say that getting the cape isnt as hard as everyone thinks it is, im mainly a PvE player, i asked a few people in the clan i was in to play some lunaro, even turned it into a mini tournament for rewards to spice things up again, some of the most fun i've had in the game honestly so the grind wasnt bad at all. And that being said, i play this game heavily for the combat aspect of things. just food for thought amongst the many linked suggestions to find or create your own matches. the game mode shouldnt be removed, its fun to revisit at times, and if theyre going to remove conclave i suggest then to remove railjack, kdrives, flappy bird or whatever that dumb S#&$s called, and all the other sub category things to do that arent combat related or involve core gameplay.

TLDR: Comming from a PvE player, its not hard to rank up conclave. its actually enjoyable.

Archived