Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling Argon Crystal for platinum

(PSN)DW_Johnson_

Hello D.E

My name is Devin Johnson from Tucson AZ and I was sitting here knocking out one of my steel path dailies where it took me to capture a target in the void and during said mission I acquired an Argon crystal. I thought to myself how cool would it be to be able to sell this unique desired item for platinum since it is unique in the sense it disappears after what 12 hours and if I wanted to use it after that it is to late but how cool would it be to be able to trade someone who really needs an Argon Crystal but doesn’t want to travel to the void. So by adding Argon Crystals to normal trading would create a secret market for Argon Crystals. Maybe this would be a good idea for Future open world Hub ideas for other planets making a unique vender location where players can only trade Argon Crystals at that location giving a physical location to see this market or secret market for Argon Crystals. 

Love WarFrame LOTS!!

Devin Johnson 

P.S

If you use the idea can you have Nora give the Tenno Devin Johnson a shot out for this awesome idea I would about die if you did this!!!!

i dont expect we'll get anything like resource trading at any time. if argon got added to the trade system then that would open up the endless requests for every other rare resource to be tradeable (and maybe even the less rare lol). just as an fyi for the decay timer, argon decays 24 hours after the daily reset that follows the collection of the crystal (so if you colect one now it wont decay till tomorrow + about 4 hours) and they decay at half your stock at a time rounded up.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Devin_W_Johnson said:

thought to myself how cool would it be to be able to sell this unique desired item for platinum since it is unique in the sense it disappears after what 12 hours and if I wanted to use it after that it is to late but how cool would it be to be able to trade someone who really needs an Argon Crystal but doesn’t want to travel to the void

They last more than 24 hours. The timer starts after the next reset, halving the quantity every additional reset. 

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Devin_W_Johnson said:

If you use the idea can you have Nora give the Tenno Devin Johnson a shot out for this awesome idea I would about die if you did this!!!!

DE isn’t going to implement this. You shouldn’t ask for shoutouts for ideas that have been suggested previously by other people. I am not sure why you want a secret market. If it’s secret no one will know about it, so it won’t get used.

Honestly Argon is easy enough to obtain, especially since it's also included more often than not as enemy drops in Gift of the Lotus alerts. If you have any Void node unlocked, you can easily farm for Argon even without a drop booster or a farm frame like Nekros or Hydroid. Most common maps used are Mot and Taranis.

One issue I would have with this being a thing, is that this would be a very easy way for new players to get scammed. I would think just about everyone has heard a story about someone getting majorly scammed or tricked in trades and I couldn't think of anything more off putting for a new player. Imagine being sold a resource for way too much, and then it disappearing the next day before they can use it

No.

Argon are easy to obtain when you need them. Getting to the low branch of the void is fairly low level and as said, plain old Mot is just find for farming them. Heck, I'm maxed out MR and I usually just play Mot when I need an argon for something.

Once you have Helminth set up in your ship, you can feed him argons to use them, but really it's not a big deal if they evaporate.

Archived