Jump to content

just Spitballing some Magnetic/Blast status ideas.


(PSN)Tomplexthis
 Share

Recommended Posts

What if Magnetic Damage got a buff that disabled enemy weapons or abilities? or if it disabled nullifier bubbles or Drones ability to fly?

What if it amplified bullet velocity towards targets? or the damage on impact bullets did? It could disable an enemies ability to Jump.

Like Magnetic could increase an enemies overall weight, disabling flight mechanics/jumping/or something like that.

the bullet damage/velocity buff could boost a guns damage overall. like it could create pockets on targets that are magnetic bubbles.

the bubbles themselves proc on spots like a Banshees sonar, and those become weakpoints in armor/shields while the status is up.

-there would be a %increase of damage added if you targeted the Magnetic proc weakpoints, scaling with the amount of magnetic procs.

-maybe this can apply to a lock on base added with melee weapons, where striking those parts is like hitting past shields/armor

-magnetic procs could % bypass a shield or armor overall.

----

For blast i was thinking it would cause enemies to become volatile, causing more mini explosions upon a target to stun them, knock them down.

like if Blast coated enemies in very combustible materials like a constant nitro glycerin makeup. the damage increasing with more Blast procs. 

I imagine blast as a more liquid based explosive element, like what if the blast status was compounded for 2x the damage with impact procs.

enemies coated in blast, are far more likely to explode for extra damage if they collide with any object, bullets, impacts, the ground, slams. 

The force/velocity of the impact itself would scale on a % based increase, determined by the level of the Blast proc itself.

like the speed at which an enemy is moving when it hits or is hit with something would explode even more powerful because of blast.

(like if Mag pulled an enemy so hard, they had 12 blast procs on them, when they hit an object, they take a massive amount of damage because of it)

----

I kind of think Scaling for all damage/status/ and warframe powers should be a thing. even if very minute. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Magnetic is viral but shields and absolutely wrecks anything with shields even on Steel path. Blast simply needs to proc double status states again to be useful in builds.

 

blast is really underwhelming, i also was wondering why we dont have every status as a Progenitor option for Kuva lich weapons.

Slash, Puncture, Viral, Corrosive, Blast, Gas. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Idea with blast turning enemies into explosives like nova's ult is actually a very interesting one. Reminds me of Steam damage type from Magicka or whatever that game was called.
Because that's what blast seems seems to be in this game, technically. Heat overheats the water and causes a violent steam explosion (not a real "rapid energy impulse" explosion, which makes any armor obsolete and shellshocks the S#&$ out of any survivors). So it could be like we are causing enemies to turn into these walking steam-bombs that violently explode upon death.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Wrong. Blast increases armor, not decrease.

Huh, maybe I was misunderstanding what Blast did under the Status portion of the wiki. Not like anyone intentionally uses blast (myself included) unless Nightwave asks for it, so my bad for coming forth with misinfo. (Heat and Corrosive still apply armor strip tho, that much is a fact)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Idea with blast turning enemies into explosives like nova's ult is actually a very interesting one. Reminds me of Steam damage type from Magicka or whatever that game was called.
Because that's what blast seems seems to be in this game, technically. Heat overheats the water and causes a violent steam explosion (not a real "rapid energy impulse" explosion, which makes any armor obsolete and shellshocks the S#&$ out of any survivors). So it could be like we are causing enemies to turn into these walking steam-bombs that violently explode upon death.

yes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Magnetic
Should the jamming thing you expose that a good point, and it must have an AOE like in reality. Is this an EMP we got here?... Definitely!


Blast
Should push enemies down as it was earlier. A blast that doesn't blast things what is this?! Have you ever heard of shocking wave?! yeah, no, we don't care!!!

Gas
Gas should combine poison and/or the precison reduction (or blinding AOE) that way it would be an excellent CC and would be way more logical. Gas is jamming my senses would make sens. Goodbye poison cloud hello teargas!!!


Ninjas must deceive without a way to do so... they are doomed!!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NeoSnakeVenom said:

Magnetic
Should the jamming thing you expose that a good point, and it must have an AOE like in reality. Is this an EMP we got here?... Definitely!


Blast
Should push enemies down as it was earlier. A blast that doesn't blast things what is this?! Have you ever heard of shocking wave?! yeah, no, we don't care!!!

Gas
Gas should combine poison and/or the precison reduction (or blinding AOE) that way it would be an excellent CC and would be way more logical. Gas is jamming my senses would make sens. Goodbye poison cloud hello teargas!!!


Ninjas must deceive without a way to do so... they are doomed!!!

 

Blast acting like an explosive nitro glycerin gel is a common idea, that it just applies like a status goo, that explodes with impacts more.

Knocking people over is a most, with stuns and such

 

Magnetic making banshee sonar holes, that also pull in bullets would be great

 

Gas should really be super effective on infested and corpus alot, bypassing shields and should, leaving poison clouds. it got nerfed though

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

Blast acting like an explosive nitro glycerin gel is a common idea, that it just applies like a status goo, that explodes with impacts more.

Knocking people over is a most, with stuns and such

 

Magnetic making banshee sonar holes, that also pull in bullets would be great

 

Gas should really be super effective on infested and corpus alot, bypassing shields and should, leaving poison clouds. it got nerfed though

Gas should also blind enemies and reduce their accuracy. I made a Gas Themed frame I called Hazard. And part of it is being able to reduce enemy accuracy when affected. For his ability it would leave a cloud that is ignitable with fire or blast that can deal blast damage to those caught in it. 

Basically the frame was like the ultimate infested killer. Like he was specifically created as insurance against the infested. Could become a frame for Derelict.

Would be nice if blast made melee damage deal increased knock back. Like whacking an enemy with a blast hammer will send them extra packing. Part of a Volcanic Frame concept I made is that blast should gain a noticeable launch/knock back buff. Not to mention increased slam radius. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Gas should also blind enemies and reduce their accuracy. I made a Gas Themed frame I called Hazard. And part of it is being able to reduce enemy accuracy when affected. For his ability it would leave a cloud that is ignitable with fire or blast that can deal blast damage to those caught in it. 

Basically the frame was like the ultimate infested killer. Like he was specifically created as insurance against the infested. Could become a frame for Derelict.

Would be nice if blast made melee damage deal increased knock back. Like whacking an enemy with a blast hammer will send them extra packing. Part of a Volcanic Frame concept I made is that blast should gain a noticeable launch/knock back buff. Not to mention increased slam radius. 

what if they added status synergies though? like gas makes the cloud that damages and reduces accuracy, but ignites to blast/heat

blast gel is easily exploded with impact. something like that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2021-09-11 at 12:29 AM, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

what if they added status synergies though? like gas makes the cloud that damages and reduces accuracy, but ignites to blast/heat

blast gel is easily exploded with impact. something like that

 

You got a point here, it would be great if status synergies with each other...
So much damn combinations in my mind...


Ninjas must deceive without a way to do so... they are doomed!!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Magnetic: Exodia hunt proc, drags enemies towards afflicted target within 5m, increases by 0.5m for each additional proc capping at 9.5m.

Blast: Knockdown, entire body is treated as head during damage calculations.

Puncture: Increase damage towards target by 60% on first proc, capping at 150% on tenth. Additive with Viral and Magnetic bonuses.

Gas: Damage= 0.5xBasex(1+faction%)x(1+status%)

Damage scales with extra status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...