Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunting on the Plains Of Eidolon

Siren60

i find it very annoying going into the plains for the sole reason of hunting animals for rep or just decorations and where ever i go, enemies spawn from the floor, ships summon enemies, ships shoot me directly, i catch agro from an enemy 200m away from me or finding an animal in the open (no minigame) and seeing it be shot by enemies before i can even dart it. is there any way to hunt with less enemies? my first idea (when writing this) is using loki or ivara for invis but im not sure if the animals draw agro aswell.

Loki and Ivara can certainly help. I think my main advice would be to make sure you got a good hitscan weapon at the ready to take out the flying Dargyns because they can make a mess of everything.

The second major advice is to only go hunting at night. Less Grineer patrols, no Dargyns and you've got a lot of Vasca Kavats spawning which are pretty easy to catch and reward a good amount of standing. You just need to make sure to stay away from the big Teralyst Eidolon and dealing with the small Vomvalysts can be a bit annoying if you haven't progressed far enough into the game yet, but they are more sparce and their agro range is a lot shorter than that of the Grineer.

Hunt more at night on the Plains, use your archwing more if you don't have Ivara (also deploy sleep arrow with her, no need for tranq rifle). If in archwing, mostly the birds will tend to fly off when you fire the third shot (Banshee can help with this with her silence passive). Only the mergoo need lure usage, everything else will spawn out there. The vasca tend to attack other enemies if they see them, though they won't always be attacked back. They also like to walk in the water as well.

Archived