Arcane Scorpion Helmet: SOLD OUT

LillyRaccune

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

As some of you surmised, this was NOT intended to be the Arcane Scorpion Helmet Blueprint. Arcane helmets are retired content and we do not have plans to bring these back.  Rather, the intended item is the Wolf Hood Blueprint.  We've swapped the items in the vendor's shop.

UPDATE: The stock of helmets has sold out! Any remaining product has been recalled by the manufacturer. The Nightwave Store will not be administering or accepting any rain-checks for this item.

The Ash Arcane Scorpion Helmet is now available in your local Nightwave store. Get 'em while they're fresh!

*Allergy alert: Has been packaged in a facility containing other Legacy products.*

Spoiler

eGIrvnh.png

Edited by LillyRaccune
Bug Fixed
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The thing I like about this is how it has different build requirements to the one I got years ago.

Hide contents

unknown.png

That's because just like last time, it is getting spaghetti-coded with the Operator Wolf Hood cosmetic, and you are seeing that items build requirements. 

• Like 3

I think DE should sell all the Arcane helmets in Nightwave. They're curious collector's items. It's not like they give some unfair advantage... they even lockout an Arcane slot while giving you a relatively terrible effect.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

It's even better this time -- it's showing up twice so you have two different buying options!

You're seeing the the normal Ash helmut as well as the Arcane one.

I know what you meant with your post, so I'm just going to add this.

FBYtAYE.jpg

Edited by Slayer-.
grammer
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

You're seeing the the normal Ash helmut as well as the Arcane one.

I know what you meant with your post, so I'm just going to add this.

FBYtAYE.jpg

Haha, yes you are right...  They look identical, but upon closer inspection, one has the arcane effect while the other one does not.

• Like 1

On 2021-03-21 at 8:08 PM, LillyRaccune said:

The Wolf Hood operator cosmetic is now available in the Nightwave store. This is the original Wolf helmet design. See picture for resource costs.

Hide contents

dvRimgz.jpg

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

The thing I like about this is how it has different build requirements to the one I got years ago.

Hide contents

unknown.png

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

While it is reasonable to assume this helmet being available is a bug, I thought I saw the Wolf Operator Hood being sold in the Nightwave store either last week or two weeks ago. So this might be a new-new cosmetic or an unintentional addition.

I doubt it, if only because of the above examples. 

The first is a quote of your screenshot when the Operator Wolf Hood became available (thanks again for the alert btw). 

Now, in the screenshot below it from this thread from krc473 he notes that the build requirements are different from the actual, proper, arcane helmet blueprint. 

Now, if you compare the build requirements in the bugged Arcane Ash Scorpion Helmet Blueprint and the Operator Wolf Hood Blueprint they are exactly the same. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I doubt it, if only because of the above examples. 

The first is a quote of your screenshot when the Operator Wolf Hood became available (thanks again for the alert btw). 

Now, in the screenshot below it from this thread from krc473 he notes that the build requirements are different from the actual, proper, arcane helmet blueprint. 

Now, if you compare the build requirements in the bugged Arcane Ash Scorpion Helmet Blueprint and the Operator Wolf Hood Blueprint they are exactly the same. 

I see your point and your explanation makes sense. Thanks for pointing out the correlation between the resource costs, I didn't pick up on that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I see your point and your explanation makes sense. Thanks for pointing out the correlation between the resource costs, I didn't pick up on that!

I'll be the first to admit that I am a true novice to computer programmer compared to anyone who does it for money, but I did take three college courses in programming, and one thing I was often told (and quickly found true when doing projects) was that code was about 10% coding and often 90% debugging lol (although I'm sure the better and more organized you and your company are you can bring that percentage down, but it does explain why DE takes so long sometimes squashing bugs in the new global builds). Sometimes you think you have squashed a bug, and the same one comes back rearing its ugly head, because you hadn't actually found the root cause of it yet. And even the slightest change, like mostly live build to true live global build can have some slight difference that screws something up somewhere. 

One of the reasons if I got back into software I am more interested in the security side of things... debugging is not exactly enjoyable lol. I remember staying up pulling all nighters having a beautifully commented project that was working almost perfectly, if not for a couple bugs I was trying to iron out that were giving me an awful headache. I always feel sympathy for game designers struggling with bugs now. It can be quite a nightmare. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

So not only is it a bug, it's also a collectors item. :facepalm:

That seems to be the case. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I just wonder what we actually get for building it. I might have to buy another copy and see what comes from it. 

• Like 2

I fully approve of giving people who missed out on getting the helmet the first time it was bugged to come out another shot at it, especially since it isn't purely cosmetic (okay, the effect is terrible, but it's still an effect. Being permanently locked out of an item just because you weren't playing at the right time sucks, and I'm glad that DE has mostly steered clear of that, even if the rotations can be extremely slow.

• Like 1

Just now, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

ooh, reducing my power efficiency for aim glide and wall latch duration? how can I say no? DE you gotta be careful this is blatant powercreep... /s

There's that. Also you would have to unequip a real arcane from your Ash. :facepalm: It's not useful, but it is collectible! I understand the need to expand our treasure hoard.

dis GIF

• Like 3

I mean... atleast they only accidentally re-released what is objectively one of the poopiest of arcane helmets.  Not that any really stand out these days with better actual Arcanes to be slotted.  

TBH I have every Arcane Helmet, I should sell them for the plat... but like... the collector in me can't let them go, even knowing I'm sitting on a mountain of value.  

• Like 3