Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Am I Missing? (Kama)

Vitras

Question

So, I decided to build the Kama and give it a try. Before I heard that people loved it and that it was great and everything... But then I started using it.
I hate the move set (the same problem I have with Machete Wraith) because it's difficult to "aim" your strikes and it constantly makes the target get in the way of them camera, so it just has to zoom into my back. And the damage isn't that great either.
I can't really understand why people liked this so much... Am I missing something with this weapon? 

6 answers to this question

it works like the zoren where you get to move quickly, only it does more damage in exchange for you dont get to fly as far as the zoren (which is fine by me since zoren is just a wee bit too fast) that and the angle of the charge attack makes it easier to get weakspot hits for me

it works like the zoren where you get to move quickly, only it does more damage in exchange for you dont get to fly as far as the zoren (which is fine by me since zoren is just a wee bit too fast) that and the angle of the charge attack makes it easier to get weakspot hits for me

Ah. I don't really use melee that way, so I didn't notice. I did notice the headshots with MOAs,though.

It performs well, but it just looks so... underwhelming compared to some of my favorite melee weapons, such as the Dual Ethers and Reaper Prime. 

Now if they were to release a Dual Kama, i'd be more interested. 

Yeah, I like my Reaper Prime more too. And even Dakra Prime.

Oh man, I'd love that.

The kama isn't bad considering it's a longsword. It can hit multiple enemies, comes with polarities and half decent stats.

It's a nice upgrade if you're looking for something better than skana but don't want a heavy weapon yet.

Considering the weapons you already have you're just past the point where the kama can shine (if ever).

The kama isn't bad considering it's a longsword. It can hit multiple enemies, comes with polarities and half decent stats.

It's a nice upgrade if you're looking for something better than skana but don't want a heavy weapon yet.

Considering the weapons you already have you're just past the point where the kama can shine (if ever).

I do like the polarities. But I already have Dakra Prime, so it is hard to like the Kama more.