Jump to content
  • 0

How to deal with high lvl demolyst and Demolishers?


DefectiveMagus
 Share

Question

Feel pretty embarrassed asking this as im MR31, but what are some really good ways to kill high level demolysts?

it feels pretty hard to kill them, with the ongoing chaos of enemies all over the place and them being very inconsistent in what works and what doesn't against them.

Some of my weapons which can melt high level grineer and corpus alike with insane slash procs just dont do anything against them...

So far my highest damage output was using stropha and spamming heavy attack.
But i wanna know what are ways to stun them, and what weapons and mods should i look towards using?

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

No need to be embarrassed. Its actually admirable to ask for help in situations where the social expectations is that you shouldn't. Too many people have unnecessary ego or pride, but that aside.

Personally I find Magus Lockdown trivialises Demolishers/Demolysts. I use a Stropha as well. If the enemies are especially tanky/high level, I might bring a Cedo as well and modify my Stropha to be a CO build too. So the combo of all three (Lockdown + Cedo + Stropha) is often overkill. Sometimes I'll alter my build around a bit for variety and circumstance too. Some Helminth abilities like Khora's Ensnare will work/help as well. There are some Warframe abilities that can help too, I am just not personally familiar (I think Nova for example) 

Good luck! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I did all my Disruption missions in Steel Path Solo, the best advice I can give is proc proc proc, along with turn your sound up and listen for the blip, start to head off in one direction if you cannot hear it bolt back the other way and listen, when you find it you will have more time to fight it before it gets anywhere near point to explode.

After awhile on certain tilesets you'll have a good idea their pathing to the point.

After I proc'd them and Magus Lockdown, I just melee'd them with my big axe at 12x combo, Warframe Hildryn, seemed to work well for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

the aero set can stun lock them ( i use it with pox) , strip armor ( with shattering impact / ash shuriken ... ) , apply status ( with cedo ,etc.. )

if i recall correctly, some deimolyst can be executed by ash teleport ( some of them are immune to it) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Sevagoth’s Gloom ability can really slow them down with high strength. I put it on a peaceful provocation Equinox build, and it brings pretty much anything within 25m to a stand still. My favorite weapon for them is my Phantasma. Just mod it for status, and electric damage. It’ll stack 100s of procs very quickly. I’ve seen damage ticks for over 900k with it, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Deputy Facepain said:

Sevagoth’s Gloom ability can really slow them down with high strength. I put it on a peaceful provocation Equinox build, and it brings pretty much anything within 25m to a stand still. My favorite weapon for them is my Phantasma. Just mod it for status, and electric damage. It’ll stack 100s of procs very quickly. I’ve seen damage ticks for over 900k with it, lol. 

huh, yeah i remember revenants gloom being really good against boss type enemies, cause it works on all of them, which is surprising to me, considering how very little of other skills work on them. And really? that is very interesting about phantasma, i have a convetrix with a riven for extra slash and usually against bosses i can stack more than 500 slash procs in a matter of seconds, and it melts everything cause of that, but versus demolysts it appears that the stacks dont deal much dmg... so im lead to believe that damage from procs are reduced significantly. So i am curious to try what you mentioned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, DefectiveMagus said:

huh, yeah i remember revenants gloom being really good against boss type enemies, cause it works on all of them, which is surprising to me, considering how very little of other skills work on them. And really? that is very interesting about phantasma, i have a convetrix with a riven for extra slash and usually against bosses i can stack more than 500 slash procs in a matter of seconds, and it melts everything cause of that, but versus demolysts it appears that the stacks dont deal much dmg... so im lead to believe that damage from procs are reduced significantly. So i am curious to try what you mentioned

I do have a pretty spicy riven on mine, but I’d assume decent results can be achieved with primed charged shell, and the galvanized mods. It completely melts them for me. 
 

I believe they are immune to status until you remove their shield. I think that’s why electric is so effective. 

Edited by (XBOX)Deputy Facepain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, (XBOX)Deputy Facepain said:

I do have a pretty spicy riven on mine, but I’d assume decent results can be achieved with primed charged shell, and the galvanized mods. It completely melts them for me. 

versus which demolysts? im assuming corpus ones. Cause also what i noticed is that their tankiness varies SIGNIFICANTLY between different demolyst units, not just factions. Like from the corpus the robotic ones are a lot harder to kill than the humanoid ones (sorry cant remember the names hahahahaha). similar to the grineer, the fat kuva guard is a lot harder to kill then the ghoul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
59 minutes ago, DefectiveMagus said:

versus which demolysts? im assuming corpus ones. Cause also what i noticed is that their tankiness varies SIGNIFICANTLY between different demolyst units, not just factions. Like from the corpus the robotic ones are a lot harder to kill than the humanoid ones (sorry cant remember the names hahahahaha). similar to the grineer, the fat kuva guard is a lot harder to kill then the ghoul

It works surprisingly well against grineer. Do you have the primed cleanse mods maxed out? It’ll probably fall off if you try to go super far. 

Edited by (XBOX)Deputy Facepain
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Deputy Facepain said:

It works surprisingly well against grineer. Do you have the primed bands maxed out? It’ll probably fall off if you try to go super far. 

huh, interesting. and yes i do have all the primed bane mods if thats what you mean, i just didnt level them up much, cause i felt there was no need to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, affropiaf said:

the aero set can stun lock them ( i use it with pox) , strip armor ( with shattering impact / ash shuriken ... ) , apply status ( with cedo ,etc.. )

if i recall correctly, some deimolyst can be executed by ash teleport ( some of them are immune to it) 

All of that is now outdated info.  They nerfed it all.

  • The Aero sleep doesn't work on them anymore.
  • You can strip armor with seeking shuriken for a short moment, the demolysts have an aura pulse every 5 seconds that dispels whatever warframe ability is affecting them and also yours, forcing you to spam it every so often.
  • Finisher animations no longer work on any of them, so no more finisher abilities.

 

Magus Lockdown and brute force attacks is pretty much the meta.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, MystMan said:

All of that is now outdated info.  They nerfed it all.

  • The Aero sleep doesn't work on them anymore.
  • You can strip armor with seeking shuriken for a short moment, the demolysts have an aura pulse every 5 seconds that dispels whatever warframe ability is affecting them and also yours, forcing you to spam it every so often.
  • Finisher animations no longer work on any of them, so no more finisher abilities.

 

Magus Lockdown and brute force attacks is pretty much the meta.

yeah, thats what i was afraid of...

so just use op melee :/ and possibly cedo to add some statuses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

it's not as hard as you think, just use all of the tools available to you.
use Damage, use Status, use Abilities, Et Cetera. everything together is a lot more effective than them separate from each other.

pay attention to the Health Types, pay attention to Body Part Multipliers, pay attention to when the next Nullifer pulse is coming to disable some of the things you may have applied to the Demolyst - Et Cetera Et Cetera.
stacking Slows or applying a Slow on top of some sort of disablement, both dilates time for how long the Enemy is debuffed, but also extends how long it'll be until the next Nullifier pulse. which exactly means, do not think that debuffing Demolysts/Demolishers isn't useful just because they can dispel it. it just means you'll have to reapply it. some Abilities are even inherently very resistant to being dispelled, if you sit down and think about the Abilities and how they fundamentally work.

again, just use everything to your advantage. don't only just attack it, deal Damage, Status debuff, Ability buff/debuff, Environmental debuff, anything and everything you can pair together. use every mechanic available to you via Modding as well.
that's ultimately what Disruption is, a Gamemode where mixing all of the tools in the game together is actually worthwhile and is actually beneficial. that is the glory of Disruption.
Disruption rewards thinking and preparation.

 

 

the """"meta"""" is not 'just do this one thing and hope it works in time'. it's to use the Game Mechanics to your advantage, all of them. don't settle for the lowest common denominator, take action and come up with strategies that you enjoy using.

unreleated, i half hate and half don't Disruption snoozepath Alerts, because the Mission ends so fast that i run out of Enemies to Kill and so i don't get an Acolyte Spawn. :(

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Ensnare, magus lockdown, then hit them as hard as I can with melee modded for faction when I did it. Half the job is catching them far enough away from the conduit. 

Infested and Corpus were fairly straightforward, it was the Grineer ones I had most issue with. Thankfully you only need to knock over one of them to clear the node.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...