Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

melee weapons with gimmicks

Nyoah

Question

i only know a couple weapons like hirudo and rakta dark dagger, one heals and increases health and the other gives shield for hitting with radiation but are there any other melee weapons with special gimmicks? ones that can be used on all warframes and not just signature weapons

12 answers to this question

Melee.

Broken Scepter: drains energy and health dependant on enemy type.

Caustacyst: Heavy attacks unleash a wave of acid and leaves a trail of corrosive sludge.

Halikar : Able to disarm enemies on throw.

Jat Kusar: Charged strikes ignite an explosive blast at range.

Mire: Deals toxin damage on ground slams.

Pennant: Each heavy attack increases its speed.

Sancti Magistar: Each charged attack on enemy return a healing pulse.

Secura Lecta: whips credits from enemies.

Skiajati: On stealth kills you go invisible for a time.

Tatsu: Kills builds charge and releases during a slide.

Vaykor Syndon: Blocks charge it up to unleash a radial blind. [think it's still broken]

Vitrica: While aim gliding and swinging turns enemies to glass. [cool effect this one]

War Sword: Was once cool you could make the sword glow brighter by hitting your channel button but we can't do that anymore.

There is probably some more. 

6 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Heavy attacks unleash a wave of acid and leaves a trail of corrosive sludge.

Probably should mention that that wave of acid opens foes to finishers.

Add to the list Orvius that suspends enemies. Dark-Split sword, that is either a heavy blade or two blades depending on the stance mod you give it.

9 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Probably should mention that that wave of acid opens foes to finishers.

Add to the list Orvius that suspends enemies. Dark-Split sword, that is either a heavy blade or two blades depending on the stance mod you give it.

I was being lazy and just read the Caustacyst description in the arsenal equip menu, it didn't mention that part. SeMz4.gif

The Orvius, strange I forgot that one considering how I liked it so much, it's another weapon DE have ruined imo, it just doesn't kill like it use too. 

Edit:
I didn't bother reading the descriptions of the buyable ones.

Also the rest unmentioned syndicate melee. Synoid Heliocor spawns a copy of an enemy killed on heavy attack, Telos Boltace has its two AoE on spin. New tenet weapons have their things. Sigma and Octantis with its aerial attack. Zenistart with deployable energy disk. Paracesis with extra damage to Sentients and flushing their resistances after forming.

Honestly?  There are too many to list.  All of the Syndicate melee weapons have a gimmick, all of the Tenet melee weapons have a gimmick, and with Zaws, you can even customize your gimmick by choosing which Arcane to put on it.  Some (like Karyst Prime's speed boost) aren't even mentioned in their description...

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

Vaykor Syndon: Blocks charge it up to unleash a radial blind. [think it's still broken]

It's not broken but it requires, afair, "special" block from melee unit (shielder afair). I don't remember if it works on disarmed units (disarmed units fight with melees).

I've tested it and it's so slow to get to 15 that you will Operator-melee enemies into pit before you get 15 for Syndon.

As for OP I think there were some list of weapons the wiki but I couldn't find it.

Not mentioned by previous poster:

- Arum spinosa &Quassus (not sure about Gunsen) shoots projectiles on heavy attacks

- Hirudo - critical hits heals you

- Telos boltace - slide attacks pulls in & out enemies, have timers, cool and easy weapon

- Zaws - you can put arcanes (or whatever they where called) that gives you certain feature, e.g. Exodia contagion -> aim glide after double/bullet jump shoots projectile, there are more arcanes https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Enhancement

- Tenet weapons & Xoris won't decay your combo counter (Tenet may work differently)

- Tenet Exec - on slam attacks release shockwaves (haven't tried Tenets)

- Tenet Livia - blocking increase your pary angle

- Tenet Grigori - heavy slide attack release disc

- Tenet Agendum - fire energy disc on heavy

- Furax family with augment - used to stun enemies on kills... but it doesn't work anymore. They don't care about fixing this but keep it in mind.

- Keratinos - heavy attack increase your range

- Zenistar - heavy attack shoots floating disc, affected by combo
- Sancti magistar - heavy attack heals for some part of damage dealth (heavent tested it)
- Wolf sledge - like Glaives you can shoot it
- Gazal machete - works with Djin companion for certain effect
- Prova family - with Static_Discharge heavy attack deals 80% electric damage & stun enemies afair

6 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Sigma and Octantis

I think all sword & shield have this... at least Baruuk's signature weapon has it

And since we're actually almost done might as well list the rest.

Ripkas has a mod similar to Basolk above for extra damage on downed foes.
Keratinos that increases its range with combo.
Venka Prime with custom combo modifier.

Xoris for unending Combo and whackign Granum spectres.

Pathocyst that spawns maggots with attacks.

Gazal machete with its interaction with the Djinn.

Quassus that shoots projectiles on heavy attacks.

Spinosa that also shoots poison on heavy attacks.

Silva&Aegis and Ack&Brunt that receive buffs from blocking.

23 hours ago, quxier said:

- Keratinos - heavy attack increase your range

23 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Keratinos that increases its range with combo.

You are both right and wrong:-D You need to be at x12 combo multiplier and then use heavy attack to increase melee range for all attacks by 2-3 meters for 3 minutes. Cool thing is, that makes Keratinos visually grow into long, infested energy looking wicked claws. And they are also super strong. My heavy attack build for Steel Path (with no crit mods) kills everything in ~7 m radius in one heavy attack. Doesn't matter which faction- each press of r3 does 7 spin attacks, 4 of which have forced bleed procs:-D 

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Jacobivan said:

You are both right and wrong:-D You need to be at x12 combo multiplier and then use heavy attack to increase melee range for all attacks by 2-3 meters for 3 minutes. Cool thing is, that makes Keratinos visually grow into long, infested energy looking wicked claws. And they are also super strong. My heavy attack build for Steel Path (with no crit mods) kills everything in ~7 m radius in one heavy attack. Doesn't matter which faction- each press of r3 does 7 spin attacks, 4 of which have forced bleed procs:-D 

I've omitted a lot of stuffs writing about all weapons. I might omitted too much for this weapon. Thanks for fixing it.

Archived