Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie defense missions.. zzzz

(PSN)xFelipeRage

Why 10 waves? Its too long...too boring.. I think everyone just want to end this sorties fast as possible to see what they recive in the rewards. 

Two days in a row with similar missions, the worst is protecting the human target, and all this 10 waves to recive a possible (almost every time) Sculpture Its so sad.. 

Tha's all, a type of mission that could be faster, today for exemple I couldn't stand doing this 10 waves and I left 😔👍🏼

1 hour ago, (PSN)xFelipeRage said:

Why 10 waves? Its too long...too boring.. I think everyone just want to end this incursions fast as possible to see what they recive in the rewards. 

Two days in a row with similar missions, the worst is protecting the human target, and all this 10 waves to recive a possible (almost every time) Sculpture Its so sad.. 

Tha's all, a type of mission that could be faster, today for exemple I couldn't stand doing this 10 waves and I left 😔👍🏼

jjjx4Vu.jpg

if you're on about sorties, yeah, getting the sculptures is no sun, but 10 waves really isn't hard and doesn't take too much time with the right setup.

if we're gonna compare unnecessarily long runs, I point towards the current Elite Nightwave challenge: 30 mins of Kuva survival. we should call that the Spaghetti Survival: not hard, but looooooooooonnngggg.....

edit: oh, if it's SP incursions, I prefer 10 waves because then I can be sure the Acolyte will appear. 

Sometimes "endless" missions end up with two rotations worth of time. Although, it doesn't make much sense as to why when the standard missions aren't altered, and they already take less time than one rotation. It's also not as if this is the case for everything either, some content still just stick with 1 rotation and even Disruption has instances where you don't even do a full rotation and only do 1 conduit.

DE likes inconsistency though.

19 hours ago, (PSN)xFelipeRage said:

Why 10 waves? Its too long...too boring.. I think everyone just want to end this incursions fast as possible to see what they recive in the rewards. 

Completely agree...

There is nothing worse than playing 10 waves and at the end receiving a sculpture or endo...

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I skip annoying sorties. The moment I feel that I'm "wasting" my time, I do something else. 

My version of that strategy: the moment I feel like I'm wasting my time, I go the forums and waste even more time reading threads by people complaining about wasting their time.

7 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Still not sure what incursion defense OP is talking about. If he meant Sortie, than it's reasonable to be 10 waves. Sorties has some unique reward such as booster/potato/riven, worth to spend the extra time for it.

He has to mean sortie. Sortie defenses are 10 waves, steel path incursions are 5. He's just using the wrong terminology.

2 hours ago, Lokanahta said:

He has to mean sortie. Sortie defenses are 10 waves, steel path incursions are 5. He's just using the wrong terminology.

In spanish it's "Incusion" for sorties, this is why he is confused about the term in english

19 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

20 waves? are you joking?

Correct.  When sorties were introduced years ago, defense was 20 waves.

20min survival, 15 excavators..... ew.

And also, it was possible for all 3 sorties to be only long mission types. Like,  survival-interception-defense,  Or even repeats, survival-survival-excavation.
This would take 30-40min to complete, and to get just endo after that.... absolutely nobody liked that.

On 2021-08-24 at 12:17 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if we're gonna compare unnecessarily long runs, I point towards the current Elite Nightwave challenge: 30 mins of Kuva survival. we should call that the Spaghetti Survival: not hard, but looooooooooonnngggg.....

and this one used to be 60 minutes in the beginning of Nightwave. And you HAD to use the Kuva Catalysts on ALL the life support towers to turn them into Kuva Harvesters and defend them for the entire hour, (using a life support tower would void the challenge).
https://www.guidestash.com/guide/warframe/warframe-hold-your-breath-challenge-guide/

Archived