Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie defense missions.. zzzz

(PSN)xFelipeRage

On 2021-08-24 at 12:17 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if we're gonna compare unnecessarily long runs, I point towards the current Elite Nightwave challenge: 30 mins of Kuva survival. we should call that the Spaghetti Survival: not hard, but looooooooooonnngggg.....

Since it can be done on the Steel Path and be played as a normal survival I dont see any issue with it. Might aswell farm 6 or so emo-clowns in there while knocking of the NW task. 

As to the OP and 10 waves of sortie defense, I've never really thought about it. It isnt like we dont have access to a multitude of frames that speed it up a great deal. I mean we have Nova, Saryn, Protea, Loki, Octavia, Mesa. Vauban and things like Kogris, Kzarr and all other effective AoE kablammo weapons.

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

Correct.  When sorties were introduced years ago, defense was 20 waves.

20min survival, 15 excavators..... ew.

And also, it was possible for all 3 sorties to be only long mission types. Like,  survival-interception-defense,  Or even repeats, survival-survival-excavation.
This would take 30-40min to complete, and to get just endo after that.... absolutely nobody liked that.

and this one used to be 60 minutes in the beginning of Nightwave. And you HAD to use the Kuva Catalysts on ALL the life support towers to turn them into Kuva Harvesters and defend them for the entire hour, (using a life support tower would void the challenge).
https://www.guidestash.com/guide/warframe/warframe-hold-your-breath-challenge-guide/

The rewards were Endo or BPs. I don't think it really had good rewards either. Not even Rivens. 

I cant do 10 waves without breaking my keyboard in irritation because of that defence wonk aimlessly walking around trying to get killed. I have no idea how people used to sit through 20 waves.

Kuva survival/regular survival for Nightwave these days I just wait for the relic version and just top up on requiem mods. Might as well do something useful 

On 2021-08-26 at 10:26 AM, Butterfly85 said:

I have no idea how people used to sit through 20 waves.

A Limbo can put the brainless doll into a save place but I nearly always choose to go as Mesa and go BRRRRRR to defend the braindead doll with a rain of bullets. The exception is the radiation modifier. Trinitys invincible-timeframe of her 4 does the job if spammed while the other three player do the killing.

An Ancient Specter can help a lot to keep the deathseeker alive.

But in general, screaming in anger at the suicidal VIP helps to make one feel better to endure the missing brain in that "Very Idiotic Person"

Depends on a map:

Can be fun: Grineer ship tile, Earth tile, Mars tile, Corpus outpost tile, Infested ship tile, Gas city tile.

Borefest: Ceres tile, Void tile, Derelict tile, Corpus ship tile.

Please delete: Europa tile, Grineer sealab tile, Grineer asteroid tile, Kuva Fortress tile, Lua tile.

Archived