When Did Vauban Get His Armor Strip & Radiation Grenade replaced?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Question

5 answers to this question

Vauban has generally more useful tools now, though i'll admit i miss the Ragdoll Mine.

Vauban doesn't have to just be an Armor weakening turret. there's Tesla Bank, Tether Coil actually halts Enemies, Flechette Orb can replace entire Players, and Overdriver is a Multiplicative Damage buff to all sorts of things.

if you go all in and replace Photon Strike with something useful, i think you'll find that Vauban has a lot more to offer than just weakening Armor.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Cash201293 said:

2 of his best grenades got replaced?

Bastille now has an Armor removal (and also Armor buff) effect.

If you want Radiation procs I guess you could infuse Smite,
but anyway, his current kit is pretty nice, it was a good rework IMO.

RIP Tesla spam and Bounce tho

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Cash201293 said:

So its been a long while since I played Vauban and I noticed 2 of his best grenades got replaced? What update removed them & was there a reason why?

I came back after a long time and found him greatly changed too. 

But, I'll sum up a few things that changed as a long time Vauban Player:

1) Bounce is gone (RIP) I was probably more upset about that than anything, but his new pushpads allow you to have similar types of fun messing around. 

2) His armor removal grenade is gone, but it always required a lot of power strength to be useful, now Bastille and Vortex are pulled into the same ability. Basically you cast a Bastille, and the longer the enemies stay in it (faster with power strrength) they get their armor stripped, then if you hold 4 it turns into a vortex. 

3) He now has a pretty cool damage ability, called Photon Strike if you just want to go for damage. It actually scales with enemy level so does really good damage with just a bit of power strength, just keep in mind that any enemy that resists blast damage like an arson eximus (I think that's the one I found resisting it super hard in the simulacrum) will require some more hits from it to take them down. 

You can always use Tesla Bank for a negative power strength build with Vortex and max range as well if you want to do cc + damage. 

His new grenade setup is not bad actually. 

I suggest just really reading all of his patch notes on the wiki. He has been through a ton of changes. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Cash201293 said:

So its been a long while since I played Vauban and I noticed 2 of his best grenades got replaced? What update removed them & was there a reason why?

Basically,  it was generally held by most players that Vauban sucked in the current meta,  which really discourages the slow tactical approach that Vauban was originally designed for..   He was reworked to make him suck less and to get rid of redundancies in his kit.  .