Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do with a 60% impact kuva Karr?

(XBOX)Badfish O7

Question

New ish player. Just hit MR 8. Didn't even know about kuva liches untill I killed one while still clearing star map. Did research and everyone is wanting elemental ones. Read that you can fuze them.

What should I do with this thing? All anyone talks about are the elemental bonus ones.

I still have to figure out where to get the stuff to kill the lich but I know 60% is perfect roll, wondering if it's trash because the impact. (Rolled it while leveling Rhino)

7 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Badfish O7 said:

New ish player. Just hit MR 8. Didn't even know about kuva liches untill I killed one while still clearing star map. Did research and everyone is wanting elemental ones. Read that you can fuze them.

What should I do with this thing? All anyone talks about are the elemental bonus ones.

I still have to figure out where to get the stuff to kill the lich but I know 60% is perfect roll, wondering if it's trash because the impact. (Rolled it while leveling Rhino)

Impact isn't that great a damage type, but 60% roll is still SUPER useful, because you have bypassed the grind a lot of people have to deal with valence fusioning to get to 60% damage to begin with.

Whereas to get your ideal element, you can do that guaranteed with just one more Kuva Zarr by hunting for it with the right progenitor Warframe(s). 

I suggest reading up a guide on Valence Fusions, and how to get the element you want when creating kuva liches, and it will help you understand what we are talking about. 

Kuva Zarr is a good weapon and 60% is a good roll, you are most of the way there, the last bit is easy now. 

Kuva Zarr is a burst damage weapon. You can ditch the impact damage for another damage type that you prefer or keep it impact. Impact will help you against Corpus enemies but is less effective against the armored Grineer enemies.

Personally I don't really find Impact to be a terrible roll on Kuva Zarr. There are many people who would disagree with me but you're looking for burst damage potential. Impact gives you an edge against corpus enemies and you can still mod for corrosive which will give you an edge against Grineer. 

2 minutes ago, hyzmarca said:

The Kuva Zarr has a high status chance and a low fire rate.  With +60% impact you could take advantage of the Internal Bleeding mod to get more slash procs.

If you're going for slash procs then Hunter Munitions is a better choice IMO. I'd personally build full crit and high damage mods instead of using mod capacity for increased status chance. Even with 60% Impact you're not going to be pulling near as many impact procs as other procs. For weapons with guaranteed impact procs the Internal Bleeding mod is excellent but weapons like Kuva Zarr are better off with Hunter Munitions as far as I can tell.

Having said that, Kuva Zarr does such incredible damage that modding for slash procs isn't even needed unless you're doing endurance Steel Path vs the Grineer.

Archived