Is a solo clan worth it?

(XBOX)SarawatExpo

Question

I started a solo clan a few days ago and have read a few posts about people who have managed it but I have no idea how. I've managed to build a reactor, oracle and Tenno lab, but looking at the cost of not only research, but building more rooms for more research labs (to research the components needed for the tenno research), as well as all the other rooms that would need to be build to get other things (most of which I probably don't even know exists yet). (I'm not really sure what I'm even doing). It all seems a bit much, should I keep going or just give up on it?? 

(very sorry about the tags! It said that it was a required field and it only gave me these options😭)

• Like 1

16 answers to this question

Having done so myself as a new player, it's definitely doable.  But having said that, it is a lot of work, so you should be mentally prepared.  If you plan to continue down this path, I wouldn't recommend putting clan building and maintenance high on your to-do list.  Just keep it spartan, focus on the basics, and come back to it once you have more resources and/or have something you want to build towards.

To start, I would recommend just getting the Oracle, a Reactor and the Orokin Lab for the Dragon Keys.  These will allow you to open the vaults on Deimos and gain access to the very useful Corrupted Mods.

After that, add the Tenno Lab so you can gain access to a mountain of equipment, especially the Archwing Launcher Segment allowing you to summon your Archwing in the three open world areas.

Then once you have enough spare Forma and other resources, build the Chem (Grineer), Energy (Corpus) and Bio (Infested) Labs to research equipment related to those factions.  Also build the Dry Dock if you want to get into Railjack space combat.  Finally, build the Ventkids' Bash Lab if you want to get access to Yareli.

In general, do not worry too much about screwing up.  All resources will be refunded to your Dojo if destroy a room, so the only thing you lose for a building mistake is the build time.

Edited by MqToasty
Hobbled -> Dragon
  • Like 5

To build off of what Madurai is saying, solo clans can be perfectly viable once you've amassed a ton of resources and have nothing to do with them. When you're new, however, you're better off joining a clan that has all the essentials already created. Many clans won't really bug you about participation or anything either. Just look for a chill clan (or join someone else's solo clan) if you just want access to the content without wanting to be active within the clan.

• Like 4

Yes, it's a waste of time. But that hasn't stopped many of us from building and maintaining one. My reasoning being to not have to pander to someone else's rules and have full control over my decorations and research speed.

You can always do what I did years ago - join a fully researched clan, buy all of their blueprints and leave the clan to start yours. Doing it like that won't pressure you into sinking resources into research and you'll be able to do everything at your own pace.

• Like 1

I've done it. Literally built a hall, the research labs and dry dock, plus whatever power I needed for this. Anything else is cosmetic

Doable, but inefficient. Be prepared to do a bunch of relics to get forma bp's for the rooms.

Nowadays you don't even need to bother with a dry dock as you can use Kronia Relay for that now.

Edited by Butterfly85

My advice is to join a clan, a fully researched clan (or at least having all the necessary bits researched, so what if they don't have all the dojo colors).

If it's a good clan you should have access to information, hints and help when needed instead of it just being a spot to get BP's.

Later on, once you mastered the star chart, Railjack etc. you'll notice you have tons of resources that you'll never all need. At that moment starting your own clan will be far less of a hassle or a chore because you'll have the credits, resources, forma perhaps even plat a plenty to help you build your clan.

Once you have a clan, you can always form an alliance with other clans, perhaps even the clan you originally joined, this for the social aspect of it.

Unless of course you really like building and decorating rooms, in which case, go for a solo clan as soon as you can, more power to you and knock yourself out.

19 hours ago, (XBOX)SarawatExpo said:

It all seems a bit much, should I keep going or just give up on it?? 

It all comes down to how much you play the game and what type of player you are.  For me having a solo dojo made absolute sense because I both play games obsessively (6000+ hours in WF on 2 accounts) and I like being solo doing my own thing at my own pace.  A player like me sees building a dojo both as a fun project to do and barely any extra effort on top of what I'm already doing in the game.  I never once farmed anything specifically for the dojo - including mutagen samples for hema - other than stuff like 100% optional color pigments.  I just get the stuff I need by playing the game (a lot).

On the other hand I can see players that either play a lot less or wanting to be more social having a hard time with a solo dojo.  If either of these apply to you OP then you might want to reconsider doing the solo thing.

• Like 1

my personal advice?

just join other clans for now. warframe is unforgivingly brutal enough for rookies, even without having to manage a clan.
doing it really early is just sabotaging your warframe experience.

you can start your own solo clan when you have a good grasp of how majority of the game works, and just like what every other veterans have: abundance resources -which you will burn through in just one second for your clan/dojo.

• Like 1

I started a clan and built my own dojo, because I wanted my own railjack. This was when you had to do the quest to get it. Somehow I gathered all the resources for all the labs, dry dock and energy needs.

I very much enjoy visiting my dojo and tinkering in my labs. I have even started to decorate, a little. It is also very satisfying to enter the drydock and see the railjack I worked so hard to build.

Building my own dojo very much fits with my lone wolf character who likes to make his own rules and build his own stuff without having to check with the "comittee" first. Sometimes if you want something done right, you do it yourself. (LOL) It is a considerable amount of work, but very satisfying once it is accomplished. At least it was for me.

On 2021-08-24 at 10:08 PM, MqToasty said:

Having done so myself as a new player, it's definitely doable.  But having said that, it is a lot of work, so you should be mentally prepared.  If you plan to continue down this path, I wouldn't recommend putting clan building and maintenance high on your to-do list.  Just keep it spartan, focus on the basics, and come back to it once you have more resources and/or have something you want to build towards.

To start, I would recommend just getting the Oracle, a Reactor and the Orokin Lab for the Dragon Keys.  These will allow you to open the vaults on Deimos and gain access to the very useful Corrupted Mods.

After that, add the Tenno Lab so you can gain access to a mountain of equipment, especially the Archwing Launcher Segment allowing you to summon your Archwing in the three open world areas.

Then once you have enough spare Forma and other resources, build the Chem (Grineer), Energy (Corpus) and Bio (Infested) Labs to research equipment related to those factions.  Also build the Dry Dock if you want to get into Railjack space combat.  Finally, build the Ventkids' Bash Lab if you want to get access to Yareli.

In general, do not worry too much about screwing up.  All resources will be refunded to your Dojo if destroy a room, so the only thing you lose for a building mistake is the build time.

Thank you! this is a lot of very good advice! (I only just learnt how to respond to replies, sorry!) I ended up joining a clan, but this advice will be very useful If I create a solo clan again once further in the game! Thank You!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)SarawatExpo said:

Thank you! this is a lot of very good advice! (I only just learnt how to respond to replies, sorry!) I ended up joining a clan, but this advice will be very useful If I create a solo clan again once further in the game! Thank You!

You're very welcome!  Glad you found a good clan to join, and I'm sure you will be fine if/when you decide to start your own.  Have fun!

On 2021-08-24 at 3:09 PM, (XBOX)SarawatExpo said:

I started a solo clan a few days ago and have read a few posts about people who have managed it but I have no idea how. I've managed to build a reactor, oracle and Tenno lab, but looking at the cost of not only research, but building more rooms for more research labs (to research the components needed for the tenno research), as well as all the other rooms that would need to be build to get other things (most of which I probably don't even know exists yet). (I'm not really sure what I'm even doing). It all seems a bit much, should I keep going or just give up on it?? 

(very sorry about the tags! It said that it was a required field and it only gave me these options😭)

it depends on how far into the game you are.
as if your new a solo clan is extremly rough due to the amount of forma you need to build everything.

if your well situated in the game its fine