Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Underbudget Tenno Adventures - Small Fan-game Inspired by Frame-Fighter

Aydemirian

Hey everyone 👋

My name is Taha and I like developing low poly games in my free time. I always wanted to do something related to Warframe. Thought this project would be a nice love letter to Frame-Fighter, so I gave it a try.

I got a lot of positive reaction from the reddit post, so I went and completed it. It is going to be completely free & completely unofficial :)

I tried to use what I could get from the fankit assets provided in the Discord channel. I am done with the development at the moment.

The game build, trailer, site and legal notices are all there. One thing I am missing is an approval.

I don't want to share it before being able to contact someone from the DE and get their word on it. It looks like there was a recent fan-game project that went sideways, so I thought this might be a sensitive topic.

I will try to contact and wait for that before sharing you the fan-game. But there shouldn't be any issue with sharing what I have done in the meantime.

So here are some visuals and videos for you to look at.

Hope you like it 🤩

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I got the word that it is completely fine as long as there are no monetary practices involved with it. Which is what I was going for anyway, so looks like there are no issues for me to share the link to the game. I tried to make it a bit challenging. I am sure I messed up with the difficulty; but I hope you still have fun with it. I had a lot of fun developing it.

https://ahmetahaydemir.itch.io/violet-moon-glade

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gn9kRBo.png

PHTwFlI.png

cbxnmUx.png

bgmvVTY.png

dT5nJc4.png

EgY96qw.png

Very interesting!
The movement & animation look fluid and the overall low-poly-style is a nice & refreshing approach for this "3D FrameFighter"!
The different "abilities" the Warframes cast seem also unique - quite different from the ingame-abilities but still fitting for this 1 vs 1 fighting "arena/map".
(okay, the giant purple skulls Saryn created might be a little bit over the top, but they're still fun to look at 😄 )

Sooo first impression, going by the trailer:
Nice work! Can't wait to hear&see more about this in the future :)

Cheers,
Fabpsi

8 hours ago, Fabpsi said:

Very interesting!
The movement & animation look fluid and the overall low-poly-style is a nice & refreshing approach for this "3D FrameFighter"!
The different "abilities" the Warframes cast seem also unique - quite different from the ingame-abilities but still fitting for this 1 vs 1 fighting "arena/map".
(okay, the giant purple skulls Saryn created might be a little bit over the top, but they're still fun to look at 😄 )

Sooo first impression, going by the trailer:
Nice work! Can't wait to hear&see more about this in the future :)

Cheers,
Fabpsi

At first I tried to stick to their actual skills; but it was a bit limiting to my resources. So I just went with their model representation.

I couldn't create a spore VFX for Saryn :) I think it looks a bit overboard as well.

Thank you for the kind words 🤩

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Looks awesome.

100% better than frame fighter.

Frame fighter was a love letter to Street Fighter. It was not bad; but restricting Warframe players to 2D might not be the best idea :)

This is basically 3D version of that. Glad you liked it, hope you play it also. Would love to hear your feedback 🤩

2 hours ago, Aydemirian said:

8th Frame Fight will be Limbo Prime with a rapier. I didn't like the AI of Umbra, so I will try my best to come up with a nimble melee fight with this one :)

hO.png

Out of interest, will Limbo make use of the Rift to try dodge attacks?

That could make for an interesting mechanic.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Out of interest, will Limbo make use of the Rift to try dodge attacks?

That could make for an interesting mechanic.

Oh wow, that's really good idea. Rather than a normal dodge, maybe I can make it look like he enters and leaves rift as he evades.

Thank you so much 🤩

1 hour ago, Aydemirian said:

Oh wow, that's really good idea. Rather than a normal dodge, maybe I can make it look like he enters and leaves rift as he evades.

Thank you so much 🤩

No problem! I've daydreamed a bit about how a Limbo might swordfight (Limbo's my personal favourite frame from a thematic perspective), and I've always pictured him as a dexterous, evasive fighter who dips in and out of reality.

Added 3 more fights and revised some UI / UX stuff. Hovering over the frames now shows clues about the fights. Most people said the AI was unfair, so I will try to come up with an in-game tutorial as well.

I am happy with the Mesa Prime's AI; but the other 2 need some love. It has been sometime since I last updated the version and this one includes some bugfixes. So I published it anyways.

Learning a lot about fighting AI's. I'm having a lot of fun. Hope you have fun with it as well :)

mwkBkDE.png

ZAkAdTy.png

Ta3VEQa.png

Archived