Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banned from chat because I am trading a lot?

--UMBRA--Smoku

Question

I was writing on chat a lot "WTB Rivens up to 20 platinum PMO!! " is that considered spam? I got 2000+ hours in this game, never wrote anything toxic on chat, I just trade a lot of rivens and other stuff... I dont understand why am I blocked from chat. This happened first time in my life.

10 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, SmokuSenpai said:

I was writing on chat a lot "WTB Rivens up to 20 platinum PMO!! " is that considered spam? I got 2000+ hours in this game, never wrote anything toxic on chat, I just trade a lot of rivens and other stuff... I dont understand why am I blocked from chat. This happened first time in my life.

I also have 2000+ hours i also have been selling rivens (veiled in my case) i also never wrote anything toxic on chat (actually i did :D )

But you know whats main 2 difference between us?
I never used trade chat to sell anything and i never was banned from chat

Conclusion?

Well, if you offer to buy rivens, then buy the rivens. Don't sit there spamming the chat with "WTB riven 20p" and then refuse to buy when someone offers you an angstrum riven.

Say "WTB godroll rivens for top tier weapons, 20p" and then nobody can complain.

Trade chat is too full of the same pasted messages over and over that add nothing to the game and trade system but noise.

1 hour ago, SmokuSenpai said:

I was writing on chat a lot "WTB Rivens up to 20 platinum PMO!! " is that considered spam? 

That depends on a few things.

Such as:

55 minutes ago, SmokuSenpai said:

I got message ingame from "Customer Service Support" or something like that saying that I was reported by the players tho, maybe because I didn't buy some of their rivens, they reported me?

This depends:
Did you reply at all to the players that sent you rivens that you didn't want?
Did you buy any rivens from players at all?

Thing is for support to ban you multiple people had to have reported you as spamming that message and never buying rivens wasting a lot of peoples time.

If you have conditions on what rivens you're going to accept then put them in the message or explain it to the people that message you.
And be sure to actually purchase the rivens at some point.

I mean if I was support and I got reports from 10+ people all reporting you for constantly posted "WTB Rivens up to 20 platinum PMO!!" and then all those players say that you never bought their rivens or replied in any way (and the logs backed that up) I would consider that to be spamming and a sign that you're using a spam bot in the trade chat instead of actually using the trade chat.

Archived