Jump to content
  • 0

How does one even begin getting quill standing?


Shakingitoff
 Share

Question

I’m a relatively new player (mr9) that has practically no experience with the quills. I am still using the mote amp and only recently got the mote rank with the quills by spending 20min in the plains of eidelon killing the little eidelon babies. The next rank up is really daunting. I am unable to get a significant upgrade to my amp (at least i dont think so) and as such can’t really begin farming eidelons without being an absolute deadweight. 

Is my only option to hop into a public lobby and hope that someone is willing to carry me? Or do I keep farming baby eidelons till kingdom come? Im conflicted as to what to do here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 minutes ago, Shakingitoff said:

spending 20min in the plains of eidelon killing the little eidelon babies

If that was enough to get 60 Cores, and you picked an Amp part for your Rank Up reward,
it doesn't seem overly daunting to get 40 more Cores to turn into Standing and buy the rest of the first tier Amp parts.

That 111 Amp will already be a HUGE upgrade over the Mote, and allow you to contribute to Eidolon hunts in a meaningful manner
(maybe just run some Teralyst Bounties to get enough Shards for the Rank 3 sacrifice, then you can get a 123 Amp for Tridolons).

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
40 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

You can get an amp from Vox Solaris (better parts are there anyways).

Getting to max Rank Solaris U first (not a small task), and then (ignoring Toroid farming) going through the RNG hell
that is 15 Gyromag Systems, all just to reach the basic Amp parts (which then also need Systems / Toroids),
is not quite as feasible as getting started with a 111 Amp from Cetus.

Of course, ultimately it is definitely worth reaching max Rank with Vox Solaris, not just for Amp parts,
but you really shouldn't omit the significant time investment and all involved on the way there, is all I'm saying.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Collect enough standing for a 1-1-1 amp (Raplak - Pencha - Clapkra), build it, level to 30 and then gild it.

Once you have the 1-1-1, start joining eidolon hunting squads. You need a bit of coordination for a full tricap, but even just a Terralist capture (doable solo even for a novice) would give you significantly more Quills standing than vormvalists alone.

As for getting an amp from Vox Solaris - those are indeed better. But that's a whole different (and nastier) grind. You'll likely want to first level the quills and get some of their arcanes - which will then be helpful for the Vox Solaris grind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, FulfillMyWill said:

You can get an amp from Vox Solaris (better parts are there anyways).

VS amps start at tier 2 , to get to tier 2 you need to max out SU rank so you could unlock PT heist bounties for gyromag system which are needed to rank up in VS past tier 1 .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Shakingitoff said:

I’m a relatively new player (mr9) that has practically no experience with the quills. I am still using the mote amp and only recently got the mote rank with the quills by spending 20min in the plains of eidelon killing the little eidelon babies. The next rank up is really daunting. I am unable to get a significant upgrade to my amp (at least i dont think so) and as such can’t really begin farming eidelons without being an absolute deadweight. 

Is my only option to hop into a public lobby and hope that someone is willing to carry me? Or do I keep farming baby eidelons till kingdom come? Im conflicted as to what to do here.

Same way as everyone started back then PoE was introduced , team up with someone to take on Terralist , with mote amp you should be able to capture at least two Terralist in single night giving you enough cores to rank up .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Shakingitoff said:

Is my only option to hop into a public lobby and hope that someone is willing to carry me? Or do I keep farming baby eidelons till kingdom come?

The folks telling you to get a 111 amp ASAP are spot on.  The thing I want to add is don't overthink jumping into a public teralyst-only bounty.  That thing is fairly easy to take down and even 4 players with all mote amps can get it done (it would take a long time though).  All you need is one player with a decent amp and it gets quite easy to finish.

EDIT - as important as your amp is in eidolon hunting the other huge key is your focus stuff.  If you don't have that stuff sorted out then this is the time to start grinding that.  Grinding it hard is required if you want to get serious about eidolons.

 

Edited by (PSN)Agent_CHAR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

just go queue up for some Eidolon Hunting. the Teralyst encounter purpose exists to be more newbie friendly. you can collect Resources and practice Eidolon Hunting at the same time.

bring some Abilities that either increase Weapon Damage or can provide Healing/DR/protection for Allies, and you're already participating. pair that with using your Mote Amp (through Electric Shield if there is a Volt) to help with the Shield Phase as well as shooting during the Health Phase, and/or help gather the necessary Lures, and thereygo, you're participating.

 

reminder: there are Bounties for these two encounter types, use them!

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
34 минуты назад, bad4youLT сказал:

VS amps start at tier 2 , to get to tier 2 you need to max out SU rank so you could unlock PT heist bounties for gyromag system which are needed to rank up in VS past tier 1 .

And none of that requires an amp. Sure it's not a "fast and easy" way to get a good amp, but still it is an option. Especially considering he'll need to do it at some point regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, Shakingitoff said:

I am unable to get a significant upgrade to my amp (at least i dont think so) and as such can’t really begin farming eidelons without being an absolute deadweight.

Dont bother about deadweighting, this is Warframe community, you will find many warm hearted players willing to help you get started and learn.

As for reasons, some parts from Quills might function and appeal best to your gameplay style, they also still grant Mastery in case its something you want and there are the Operator Aesthetics and Arcanes there too which are pretty good too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, FulfillMyWill said:

And none of that requires an amp. Sure it's not a "fast and easy" way to get a good amp, but still it is an option. Especially considering he'll need to do it at some point regardless.

Going after Terralist with mote will be many times faster and easier then going for fortuna amp parts .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

So much good vibes here and no worries about being deadweight. We are all deadweight at some point! 

Besides the cores, the biggest pain for crafting the 111 amp is the cetus wisps. I got plenty of cores to rank up and buy the blueprints by tagging along on hunts, helping where I can. But dem c-wisps...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

This map helped me. Hopefully it will help the OP too.

  Hide contents

DeiEh6R.jpg

 

Very true, even better if you have the Itzal in order to gather up the Wisps; You'll have to touch them directly to pick them up. Loot radar should help with finding them based on that ^ map :)

 

I found this a few months back regarding Amps, so I wanted to share it here too:

By the time I came across that thread again earlier this year, I had access to Vox Solaris' Amp parts, so it definitely helped there. In the end my first modular amp was a 127, based on the chart in that post. Honestly, as others have said anything is better than a Mote Amp, no matter what parts are used; Although the Prism provides the mastery after you Gild the Amp (For Rank 30 Amps only, provides better base stats too), which can be done when you reach Rank 3 with the Quills or Vox Solaris. As a plus you'll get to name your Amp :)

 

 

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Dont bother about deadweighting, this is Warframe community, you will find many warm hearted players willing to help you get started and learn.

As for reasons, some parts from Quills might function and appeal best to your gameplay style, they also still grant Mastery in case its something you want and there are the Operator Aesthetics and Arcanes there too which are pretty good too.

I agree, by & large I'd like to think people would be willing to help out once they know what's going on. We all lift together.

 

All in all OP, I hope these things will help you out on working with the Quills :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I was using the base amp for a lot longer than I should have and kept joining casual groups to get captures/kills. 

Go harrow or trin, let the more experienced players go the DPS roles and it all slow builds up. 

I still suck at farming, its not for me, just can't rush these things. 

I enjoy profit taker farming more, more pew pew and less capturing issues with wisps and such. 

End the end you collect all the amps and then never really have to use them much other than Trido farming.

Yeh just don't rush  the little content there is lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

If that was enough to get 60 Cores, and you picked an Amp part for your Rank Up reward,
it doesn't seem overly daunting to get 40 more Cores to turn into Standing and buy the rest of the first tier Amp parts.

That 111 Amp will already be a HUGE upgrade over the Mote, and allow you to contribute to Eidolon hunts in a meaningful manner
(maybe just run some Teralyst Bounties to get enough Shards for the Rank 3 sacrifice, then you can get a 123 Amp for Tridolons).

Alright no cap. I got 111 the same day and it SLAPS.Its literally leaps and bounds better than the mote. Thanks man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
15 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Collect enough standing for a 1-1-1 amp (Raplak - Pencha - Clapkra), build it, level to 30 and then gild it.

Once you have the 1-1-1, start joining eidolon hunting squads. You need a bit of coordination for a full tricap, but even just a Terralist capture (doable solo even for a novice) would give you significantly more Quills standing than vormvalists alone.

As for getting an amp from Vox Solaris - those are indeed better. But that's a whole different (and nastier) grind. You'll likely want to first level the quills and get some of their arcanes - which will then be helpful for the Vox Solaris grind.

My vox solaris standing is only at 2 right now so its gna hurt. But Ill give it a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 hours ago, (NSW)Telpitas said:

So much good vibes here and no worries about being deadweight. We are all deadweight at some point! 

Besides the cores, the biggest pain for crafting the 111 amp is the cetus wisps. I got plenty of cores to rank up and buy the blueprints by tagging along on hunts, helping where I can. But dem c-wisps...

I managed to get the wisps after a little bit of flying around eidelon with animal instinct on. Took like half an hour to get 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...