change of plans tenno

cha0sWyrM

who here immediately bails on capture missions that turn into exterminate missions?

i 100% of the time have aborted the mission before she even says anything. if we capture the target...and i see red dots...im out.

the main reason to do capture missions in the first place is the speed in which you can complete them. take titania (or i guess the not as fast wukong) and you can bang 'em out in under 60 seconds.
its faster to just abort and start over than it is to finish it.

• Like 23

7 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

who here immediately bails on capture missions that turn into exterminate missions?

i 100% of the time have aborted the mission before she even says anything. if we capture the target...and i see red dots...im out.

the main reason to do capture missions in the first place is the speed in which you can complete them. take titania (or i guess the not as fast wukong) and you can bang 'em out in under 60 seconds.
its faster to just abort and start over than it is to finish it.

I usually don't, because I am weird like this, but I do totally agree with you.

I think there should be some kind of bonus droptable, that would be rolled, when the plan changes.

The feeling should not be "noooooo, god dammit Lotus", but "hey what a luck, I get to roll another reward"

• Like 9

If I'm solo, I ALWAYS abort the mission if a capture turns to exterminate. It's quicker to restart than it is to finish mission. 

Public groups, I generally stay depending on who is in the group. I might leave though before the capture dude is even downed. 

• Like 5

Just now, Zimzala said:

I love when this happens, brightens my day to encounter the unexpected.

It's neat if it happens once in a while. But of you want to grind out Kuva Larvlings, that's a lot of Capture missions, roughly 25% of them turn into Change Of Plans. It stops being unexpected really quickly

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"I can't play an extra 80 seconds of a mission."

Are you a jet setting big businessman lol? Got some place important to be?

Well those extra seconds could've been transformed into another capture mission, which could be opening another relic or farming a relic.

I personally hate it especially after Apostasy but still do the mission till the end

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"I can't play an extra 80 seconds of a mission."

Are you a jet setting big businessman lol? Got some place important to be?

The main reason to run a capture mission these days is to grind out Larvlings. When you are doing twenty to thirty capture missions in a row (because DE refuses to add that Weapon Selector token they promised) a Change of Plans is genuinely frustrating and unfun

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The main reason to run a capture mission these days is to grind out Larvlings. When you are doing twenty to thirty capture missions in a row (because DE refuses to add that Weapon Selector token they promised) a Change of Plans is genuinely frustrating and unfun

Not to me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I mean, if it fails it's faster than completing the missions since you're getting kicked straight into the orbiter to restart. ^^

Haha, honestly if it failed that would probably be fine, but odds are it won't...and then not only did you just have a few minutes of load time but you're still in an Exterminate mission. :(

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It reminds me of being younger and speeding: efficiency is fun, but stopping to smell the Roses is really important too.

• Like 6

it's annoying, but at the end of the day, we don't carry all these weapons to scare the target, we carry them to kill people, so I just get on with it.

thinking about it, if it offered some extra rewards, maybe double what we've gotten in the mission so far, that would be more worthwhile.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Just don't abandon if you're the host; putting others through a host migration wastes more of their time than any "change of plans" could.

nope.

red dots on the map after a cap = insta-abort. why should i be concerned about des inability to fix a problem thats been a problem since launch?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It reminds me of being younger and speeding: efficiency is fun, but stopping to smell the Roses is really important too.

Pretty much every topic in this forum IME can be summed up with this statement.

The ideas, the supposed improvements, the 'etiquette police', all of it, IME, is just coming from impatient people who think other are 'in the way' yet refuse to play solo.

Hilariously fascinating, IME.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

More like the roses have been smelled long ago and their scent is no longer appealing, you just wanna get to your destination cause that's where the real enjoyment is.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

More like the roses have been smelled long ago and their scent is no longer appealing, you just wanna get to your destination cause that's where the real enjoyment is.

Not to me, the ride/journey is the game.

You can rush to the end all you like, have a party, if that is what you enjoy, you go do that.

Does not mean those roses smell any different, the smell just as good the tenth time as they do the thousandth, to me, I play to play the game, to relax.

It's like driving a convertible. Why drive it fast, the whole point is to enjoy the ride, IMO.

I have always hated being in a rush, it's never pleasant IME.

• Like 3

At worst I go "oh, darn" then proceed to spend the extra minute or so finishing the mission. It's a non-issue for me and honestly I wish more missions threw random curve balls at you like this.

Also I don't get why anyone would instantly abort the mission. The exterminate portion doesn't take much longer than another run and aborting just makes the time already spent in the mission wasted.

• Like 5