Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

change of plans tenno

cha0sWyrM

They’re quite a rare occurance for me, so I like how it mixes it up when they do happen. If it was a little crazier I wouldn’t mind, like spy turn to capture turn to sabotage turn to Railjack, but I can respect that there’s a cut-off point for divergence from the original mission. As it stands I like it for the mild roleplaying that I do

edit: Most of mine have been Mobile Defense turn to exterminate; not sure I can remember last time a capture did

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It’s funny because all the people I know who drive convertibles like to floor it.

Exactly my point, we are not all built the same way.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

They’re quite a rare occurance for me, so I like how it mixes it up when they do happen. If it was a little crazier I wouldn’t mind, like spy turn to capture turn to sabotage turn to Railjack, but I can respect that there’s a cut-off point for divergence from the original mission. As it stands I like it for the mild roleplaying that I do

That's something I would love as well.

I do the capture, then Lotus states it's now exterminate, I *sigh* then proceed to leave no witnesses alive on the way out. :devil:

I'm not really bothered by it, I have heaps of time and it doesn't take that long to kill the few of them that you need to clear anyway.

The one time where I do find it sort of annoying is doing the timed capture for Nightwave. 😱

7 hours ago, Hello said:

If I'm solo, I ALWAYS abort the mission if a capture turns to exterminate. It's quicker to restart than it is to finish mission. 

This! And if you don't abort, you learn the hard way when enemies stop spawning unexpectedly... or when the game insists you backtrack 1 km to kill that 1 straggler you left behind. I know you'll be tempted... "Oh well, I have this large AOE weapon" or "I have this ability that wipes the map." Doesn't matter if the game pulls shenanigans like I mentioned. You potentially waste so much time when it doesn't work correctly! Cut your losses and abort and re-launch if efficiency is what you're after.

14 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's neat if it happens once in a while. But of you want to grind out Kuva Larvlings, that's a lot of Capture missions, roughly 25% of them turn into Change Of Plans. It stops being unexpected really quickly

Half of these capture missions I abort anyway if the weapon I want doesn't come up, so a 'change of plans' is usually just two aborts for the price of one!

14 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

who here immediately bails on capture missions that turn into exterminate missions?

i 100% of the time have aborted the mission before she even says anything. if we capture the target...and i see red dots...im out.

the main reason to do capture missions in the first place is the speed in which you can complete them. take titania (or i guess the not as fast wukong) and you can bang 'em out in under 60 seconds.
its faster to just abort and start over than it is to finish it.

I feel your pain, I usually leave as well

7 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I go into a mission to steal some secret documents from corpus vaults...

Change of plans Tenno, catfish the enemy and break their hearts after years of a serious online long distance relationship.

Wait, what.

Lotus is so cruel.

broken heart love GIF by Antoine DoréHehe

15 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The main reason to run a capture mission these days is to grind out Larvlings. When you are doing twenty to thirty capture missions in a row (because DE refuses to add that Weapon Selector token they promised) a Change of Plans is genuinely frustrating and unfun

If it happens before "kuva screen blink" then it's annoying otherwise it's aborting in case of bad weapon.

16 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

nope.

red dots on the map after a cap = insta-abort. why should i be concerned about des inability to fix a problem thats been a problem since launch?

Maybe this isn't the same issue on PC as it is on PS4, but on console a host migration usually ends up being 2 minutes of load screen for the client players.  So if you're going to abort, the kind way to do it is to give the other players a warning so if they want to they can abort first and be spared a massive and needless wait.

But if you just instant-abort as a host, you're slowing other players down in the same way that DE's design choice is slowing you down...only while you have the option to immediately return to your Orbiter and start again, they don't.  You will become the very monster you are speaking out against.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Maybe this isn't the same issue on PC as it is on PS4, but on console a host migration usually ends up being 2 minutes of load screen for the client players.  So if you're going to abort, the kind way to do it is to give the other players a warning so if they want to they can abort first and be spared a massive and needless wait.

But if you just instant-abort as a host, you're slowing other players down in the same way that DE's design choice is slowing you down...only while you have the option to immediately return to your Orbiter and start again, they don't.  You will become the very monster you are speaking out against.

again....how is it my problem that de cant figure this out?

and im not speaking out against a "monster" geez...thats a bit over the top....im just saying....i auto abort missions to save myself time. and i will continue to do so. i was just asking if anyone else does it to....and apparently...they do.

3 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Well I already was baffled at this one thread complaining that 10 waves of defence was too much but that's new... killing 30 or so ennemies ? Omg, such suffering, such pain...

30? it can be well over 100.

besides....you are missing the point. time is the main factor here. farming capture missions is all about speed runs...its possible to consistently load in....capture...and extract....in under 60 seconds. if you are farming capture missions...youre probably looking at doing like 20 or more in a row.....having the mission change to exterminate realistically increases the time to completion by 300-400%...sometimes more.

if my intent is to farm the mission...why would i do 1 mission and get 1 set of rewards...when i can do 3-5 missions and get 3-5 sets of rewards in the same time? how does that make any sense?

Just now, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Maybe I'm just the weird one here, but I just kill the targets. I play the game to play it.

Not to play it in the fastest most efficient way. That doesn't even sound fun. 

Many of people play this game to grind and unlock things, extending gameplay gets in the way of this. I have mixed feelings about this because it has made the gameplay flow way too fast and focused on short ttk and nuking.

Is it annoying? Yes, very

Is being forcibly and immediately host migrated because of people like OP even worse? You better #*!%ing bet it is, too bad I can't say what I really want to say to these people without getting a forum warning at the very least.

Archived