Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

change of plans tenno

cha0sWyrM

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Maybe I'm just the weird one here, but I just kill the targets. I play the game to play it.

Not to play it in the fastest most efficient way. That doesn't even sound fun. 

I am a fan of your outlook and I share it.

How much time this wastes is meaningless, this tiny insignificant piece of garbage that one might call a "feature" has a disproportionately high demoralizing/enraging effect for how little it offers, and it should simply not exist.

3 hours ago, Kripnex said:

How much time this wastes is meaningless, this tiny insignificant piece of garbage that one might call a "feature" has a disproportionately high demoralizing/enraging effect for how little it offers, and it should simply not exist.

I still like when Mobile Defense turns into Exterminate! That's generally an upgrade!

5 hours ago, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Maybe I'm just the weird one here, but I just kill the targets. I play the game to play it.

We each find enjoyment from different things. Warframe is a different drug for each individual who plays. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Yus. Likewise. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to play Loki or Nyx. Efficiency doesn’t have much space for parking a Dargyn on the lake and fishing from it like some sort of fishing boat, and personally I burned myself out from being efficient, so I’m actually kind of afraid to do it again 😅

edit: Though efficiency can be fun, just not to the levels I was taking it

4 hours ago, ebrl said:

Is it annoying? Yes, very

Is being forcibly and immediately host migrated because of people like OP even worse? You better #*!%ing bet it is, too bad I can't say what I really want to say to these people without getting a forum warning at the very least.

Okay, but consider: if I'm speed-running captures, I'm already in solo anyway, so this doesn't affect anyone else. 

People who abort as host is a separate issue. 

On 2021-08-25 at 11:08 PM, cha0sWyrM said:

who here immediately bails on capture missions that turn into exterminate missions?

i 100% of the time have aborted the mission before she even says anything. if we capture the target...and i see red dots...im out.

Scuse me what

Do you trash all your rewards and affinity into the Void just like that?

On 2021-08-25 at 3:08 PM, cha0sWyrM said:

who here immediately bails on capture missions that turn into exterminate missions?

i 100% of the time have aborted the mission before she even says anything. if we capture the target...and i see red dots...im out.

the main reason to do capture missions in the first place is the speed in which you can complete them. take titania (or i guess the not as fast wukong) and you can bang 'em out in under 60 seconds.
its faster to just abort and start over than it is to finish it.

On 2021-08-25 at 3:15 PM, Leqesai said:

I don't bail on any mission but I do think this is extremely annoying.

It seems disproportionately likely to happen when trying to get a lich/sister. 

And its extremely annoying.

Especially when it took 85+ tries to get a kuva zarr lich.

14 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Scuse me what

Do you trash all your rewards and affinity into the Void just like that?

uummm....yes.

how much rewards and affinity do you think i acquired in the 20 seconds it took me to cap the target?

21 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

take that up with de....host migrations are their mess....not the players.

As it stands, the environment and engine works as such that a migration will happen if you're host and leave, knowing that  and doing it anyways... How are you not part of the responsibility of causing it?

2 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I never understood how people could make so much drama of such a minor issue.

Personally I would like to see more mission content changing in dynamic ways.

Right? It would be pretty cool to be in the middle of an Exterminate and then have the lotus hit us up with a "Change of plans tenno, we need to send a stronger message to (insert faction or boss name), take out the ship." And it switches to a sabotage mission. 

7 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I never understood how people could make so much drama of such a minor issue.

Personally I would like to see more mission content changing in dynamic ways.

your use of the term "so much drama" is far more dramatic than anyones reaction to the issue being discussed.

and you really dont understand it?

like for real...you dont?

after its been explained why people dont like it...in detail...multiple times...in this very thread.....you still dont understand?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb cha0sWyrM:

your use of the term "so much drama" is far more dramatic than anyones reaction to the issue being discussed.

and you really dont understand it?

like for real...you dont?

after its been explained why people dont like it...in detail...multiple times...in this very thread.....you still dont understand?

Yes

14 minutes ago, mrEkli said:

As it stands, the environment and engine works as such that a migration will happen if you're host and leave, knowing that  and doing it anyways... How are you not part of the responsibility of causing it?

like i said....dont like host migrations...take it up with de. they are the ones 100% responsible for them. im not in charge of peoples internet connections or how the game handles these things.

no to mention, im under no obligation to remain in a game i dont want to play.

if host migrations are such a problem for you....either play with friends, go recruit a squad...or play solo.
no one should expect anything from pub matches....ever.

9 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

like i said....dont like host migrations...take it up with de. they are the ones 100% responsible for them. im not in charge of peoples internet connections or how the game handles these things.

no to mention, im under no obligation to remain in a game i dont want to play.

if host migrations are such a problem for you....either play with friends, go recruit a squad...or play solo.
no one should expect anything from pub matches....ever.

It still stands that jerks that host migrate over silly issues are worse than "change of plans Tenno" that I can finish in less than a minute. 

For everyone that does that on purpose, I hope they play in perpetual annoyance. 

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It still stands that jerks that host migrate over silly issues are worse than "change of plans Tenno" that I can finish in less than a minute. 

For everyone that does that on purpose, I hope they play in perpetual annoyance. 

That kinda mentality seems to be the same as the people that weave constantly in traffic and drive in the shoulders to pass. If they didn't want us to do that, they wouldn't draw lanes or make shoulders!

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

look...im not the one who mentioned host migrations. i mentioned speed runs...which one would only do solo anyway.

besides that...no player is responsible for host migrations. and no player is obligated to remain in a mission they dont want to play simply because des matchmaking system made them the host. i have my settings so that im almsot never the host. if i could opt out of being host entirely, i would, but thats another thing de decided not to allow...so...here we are.

dont blame players for des poor design choices.

11 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

look...im not the one who mentioned host migrations. i mentioned speed runs...which one would only do solo anyway.

besides that...no player is responsible for host migrations. and no player is obligated to remain in a mission they dont want to play simply because des matchmaking system made them the host. i have my settings so that im almsot never the host. if i could opt out of being host entirely, i would, but thats another thing de decided not to allow...so...here we are.

dont blame players for des poor design choices.

I do wish they gave us more control over hosting. Hopefully they do when they decide to merge all platforms. Matchmaking shouldn't be an issue then. 

Archived