Jump to content

things that make you go hhmmmm.....


cha0sWyrM
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

answer mine...or add your own


why does the capture target get instantly teleported off the map...but the rescue target has to run all through the map with us and get shot at?

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

If you look at it from technical standpoint and consider 2 factors where most important thing is......... nah it does not make any sense whatever any1 say

Almost forgot
Archwing + uranus = underwater archwing
Archwing + open world water = middle finger if you expected the same behavior as on uranus

Edited by ZeroX4
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

why does the capture target get instantly teleported off the map...but the rescue target has to run all through the map with us and get shot at?

Even better, the rescue target *can* clearly teleport.

Even more better, the rescue target on an infested ship is clearly stated to be in an emergency airlock... So why don't we rescue them from the other side?

Edited by (PSN)Lollybomb
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

why does the capture target get instantly teleported off the map...but the rescue target has to run all through the map with us and get shot at?

Ok let me try.. lol

1) Capture target is an enemy. An enemy will not jog with you together to extraction.

2) Capture target is an enemy, hence no other enemies will shoot at them, thus we might as well go extraction by ourselves.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

Ok let me try.. lol

1) Capture target is an enemy. An enemy will not jog with you together to extraction.

2) Capture target is an enemy, hence no other enemies will shoot at them, thus we might as well go extraction by ourselves.

but youre missing the obvious....IF its possible to teleport....why doesnt the rescue target just teleport out instead of running around trying to not get killed?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

why does the capture target get instantly teleported off the map...but the rescue target has to run all through the map with us and get shot at?

Ever met a capture target after the mission? No? That's because you didn't teleport them off the map, you vaporized them into a million glowing pieces. 

Murderer.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's because the capture target is just getting scanned and torn apart on a molecular level which essentially kills it, then it gets rebuilt later for interrogation. You wouldn't kill a rescue target, would you? (stupid question)

Are enemies just carry random (planet specific) materials with them that we loot when they die or is their armor being made of different materials on each planet and we take that?
How do we get the loot?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Ever met a capture target after the mission? No? That's because you didn't teleport them off the map, you vaporized them into a million glowing pieces. 

Murderer.

thats clearly not the case...we get reports about capture targets after the fact. also.....if thats what we were doing...why not just shoot them in the first place?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 минут назад, cha0sWyrM сказал:

answer mine...or add your own


why does the capture target get instantly teleported off the map...but the rescue target has to run all through the map with us and get shot at?

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Simple actually.

Have you turned your sound off? Capture targets scream in agony when you "capture" them.
Whatever the teleportation technology we are using - it appears to be extremely painful, something that's not an issue with hostile VIP's, but definitely not something you would do to an ally. Unless they somehow consent to it. IMHO, i would take my chances being escorted by 4 war machines of god-like power than get teleported to safety straight from my cell at the cost of experiencing torture levels of pain.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

🤔Is the market we access also serving anyone else? Who are we buying from when we get Warframe blueprints?

who indeed?

and why are some blueprints reusable and some not? why doesnt our ultra high tech 3d printer machine just save every blueprint we ever give it? i mean....i dont need a new file every time i want to print something...and i use ancient tech (comparatively).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Are enemies just carry random (planet specific) materials with them that we loot when they die or is their armor being made of different materials on each planet and we take that?
How do we get the loot?

Maybe we’re killing them in the middle of scavenging and resource collecting operations. That Exterminate? Stopping them in their tracks as they’ve set up yet another outpost to serve as a resource deposit site, and then we breeze through and eradicate them.

 🤔 Maybe for something like a Sabotage, those resources were in transit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

thats clearly not the case...we get reports about capture targets after the fact. also.....if thats what we were doing...why not just shoot them in the first place?

There's also the fact that the effect is similar in effect and color to Simaris Synthesis.   Likely, the capture targets are digitized and held for questioning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Artekkor said:

Simple actually.

Have you turned your sound off? Capture targets scream in agony when you "capture" them.
Whatever the teleportation technology we are using - it appears to be extremely painful, something that's not an issue with hostile VIP's, but definitely not something you would do to an ally. Unless they somehow consent to it. IMHO, i would take my chances being escorted by 4 war machines of god-like power than get teleported to safety straight from my cell at the cost of experiencing torture levels of pain.

i had already thought of and disregarded this theory.

what does it matter how much pain someone feels if they are being rescued from almost certain death?
even if the teleportation process is the most painful thing anyone has ever experienced...its still preferable to being left in a cell to die and rot...AND its preferable to risking being killed trying to run through hordes of bad guys trying to kill you on the way out.

we are tenno...our mission is to RESCUE the target...not make sure they are comfortable in the process. to that end we would complete our mission in the most efficient and likely to succeed way possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)RabidGoldfish J said:

There's also the fact that the effect is similar in effect and color to Simaris Synthesis.   Likely, the capture targets are digitized and held for questioning.

now THAT is a theory.

it is possible that were just killing them...and digitizing them like simaris does. although....aside from the visual effect...theres no indication that this is the case. they do specifically say they are being teleported out, as opposed to digitized or "imprisoned" in some way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

who indeed?

and why are some blueprints reusable and some not? why doesnt our ultra high tech 3d printer machine just save every blueprint we ever give it? i mean....i dont need a new file every time i want to print something...and i use ancient tech (comparatively).

D’you reckon it’s some kind of “Manufactured Scarcity” system, where whoever we’re buying from has worked a self-destruction system into our blueprints, and thus we’re paying more and more towards them and funding their System-wide domination the likes of which none of the factions have ever seen before?

The Grineer Empire may have nothing on these shadowy merchants, since they control the Tenno and tell them what they can and can’t build 😨 (I reckon us finding blueprints out in the field is how we’re bypassing the restrictions in place; we’re not meant to have them, but we find them anyways)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Transporter phobia was a fear of using transporters, either before one's first use of the device, or consistently over a period of time. Transporter use carried an inherent risk, since transporters disassembled and reassembled matter at the atomic level.

During the 2150s, when transporter technology was still in its infancy, many people – including Starfleet officers – were hesitant to use the transporter despite the fact that it had been approved for bio-transport. According to Travis Mayweather, Captain Jonathan Archer himself even feared putting his dog through the transporter. (ENT: "Broken Bow") By 2155, the crew of Enterprise were getting more comfortable with the transporter and hence were not quite as reluctant to use the device. (ENT: "Demons")"

 - https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Transporter_phobia

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

"Transporter phobia was a fear of using transporters, either before one's first use of the device, or consistently over a period of time. Transporter use carried an inherent risk, since transporters disassembled and reassembled matter at the atomic level.

During the 2150s, when transporter technology was still in its infancy, many people – including Starfleet officers – were hesitant to use the transporter despite the fact that it had been approved for bio-transport. According to Travis Mayweather, Captain Jonathan Archer himself even feared putting his dog through the transporter. (ENT: "Broken Bow") By 2155, the crew of Enterprise were getting more comfortable with the transporter and hence were not quite as reluctant to use the device. (ENT: "Demons")"

 - https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Transporter_phobia

i have a long standing theory that s.t. transporters outright kill people and just build exact copies in the new location. the copies dont know they are copies...obviously...but they are.

 

Edited by cha0sWyrM
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i have a long standing theory that s.t. teleprompters outright kill people and just build exact copies in the new location. the copies dont know they are copies...obviously...but they are.

How would the stuff we use, powered by Void magic, be any safer then? 😁

It's not like almost all of the quest-givers/puppet-masters don't lie to us.

I don't think I would want to use that captive teleport tech, personally, I just don't trust what the cephalons/Lotus/etc. have to say at face value, any more than I would another Tenno.

Especially when it involves rearranging my bits and knowing the simulacrum exists.

Edited by Zimzala
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i had already thought of and disregarded this theory.

what does it matter how much pain someone feels if they are being rescued from almost certain death?
even if the teleportation process is the most painful thing anyone has ever experienced...its still preferable to being left in a cell to die and rot...AND its preferable to risking being killed trying to run through hordes of bad guys trying to kill you on the way out.

we are tenno...our mission is to RESCUE the target...not make sure they are comfortable in the process. to that end we would complete our mission in the most efficient and likely to succeed way possible.

I think it matters to whoever is paying us to rescue the target, hence why we get paid extra in specters for rescue missions.

We're getting paid extra to not torture people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kyori said:

2) Capture target is an enemy, hence no other enemies will shoot at them, thus we might as well go extraction by ourselves.

I don't know. They might want to keep them quiet. LOL.

 

When are we going to learn about the Lone Tenno operative? They mentioned it in Squad Link stuff but... how about Solo Spy missions or something?

 

Who are those people in the Warframe Cryopods (that doubled as explosives in Natah).

Edited by mrEkli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...