Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

things that make you go hhmmmm.....

cha0sWyrM

So on a capture, we're always told we're bringing them in for questioning but what are the questions we're asking them and why do we care to ask them?

Also for capture, on the off chance it turns into an exterminate does that mean theyre questioned within a millisecond? And if so why do we need to capture them in the first place?

For rescue, who the heck is this ally and what have they done for me that id give a crap?

And if theyre supposed to be my ally why are they such a hindrance to me finishing the mission by going down from a leaf blowing in the wind.

3 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

answer mine...or add your own

why does the capture target get instantly teleported off the map...but the rescue target has to run all through the map with us and get shot at?

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

judging by the fact that the capture targets scream in agony, its probably not something youd do to an ally

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

Why do drive through ATM's use braille on the keys?

Why do we park in driveways, and drive on parkways?

Why did Japanese Kamikaze pilots wear crash helmets?

Why do they sterilize needles used for lethal injections?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

Why do we call what doctors and lawyers do for their profession a practice?

1 minute ago, Butterfly85 said:

Given every rescue target seems to be a suicidal bullet magnet, I've kinda head canoned this to be the exact same idiot every time.

Especially since they have the same voice... well there are two different voices, so its probably the same two people. Both just as incompetent as each other... both pining for the other in secret... waiting for the day they can confess their feelings... except they keep getting caught... 

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

judging by the fact that the capture targets scream in agony, its probably not something youd do to an ally

this has already been covered.

but also...how do you know its agony? sounds like fear to me. guys getting kidnapped by legendary magic unstoppable murderous space monsters...dont you think that might be a bit frightening?

Why can't we support the Infestation during invasion missions?

When we are captured by Zanuka Hunter, why does no one come to rescue us?

What is the cosmic background radiation saying behind our backs?

Spoiler

"Operator! Did you hear that? It said <buzzzt> Cosmic background radiation is a riot!"

23 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Why can't we support the Infestation during invasion missions?

When we are captured by Zanuka Hunter, why does no one come to rescue us?

What is the cosmic background radiation saying behind our backs?

Hide contents

"Operator! Did you hear that? It said <buzzzt> Cosmic background radiation is a riot!"

We can’t support the infested because those missions would just be crossfire exterminate missions.

People would come to your rescue if you had friends.

And the cosmic background radiation is reverberating every sound that’s ever occurred in space around the endless black for all eternity in a barely audible yet suffocating blanket of near silence.

why does Lotus not know where the Caches on a sabotage map are, but knows that there's always 3 of them, and knows exactly when we've found them? 

why haven't the Grineer taken Cetus by overwhelming them with Butchers? guns and ships and other tech doesn't work in the Unum's walls, but ramsleds are just metal boxes, which you could just fill with melee units like Butchers and Scorpions who could then run around slaughtering everyone in Cetus? since the only cost would be a bunch of the most expendable clones and a few ramsleds, why haven't the Grineer at least tried this?

why have the Taxmen building Nef Anyo's Temple of Profit statue decided to do his head separate from the rest of the statue? why not fit a blank face first and THEN  consult Nef if needed to get his face right.

why do (most) regular sentients have legs when they can float everywhere?

and WHY ARE CASCADE BOMBS NEVER USED!?? they are mentioned as being able to wipe out infestation and any other living matter without harming the physical environment, so why in the flying blue Void has nobody taken a bunch of them to Deimos or Eris to clean the place up? are they that expensive to produce? if so then why did we get to use one on that one infested ship early in our story; what was so special about that place?  

there's probably a bunch more I'm forgetting, but these are the main ones. 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

why haven't the Grineer taken Cetus by overwhelming them with Butchers? guns and ships and other tech doesn't work in the Unum's walls, but ramsleds are just metal boxes, which you could just fill with melee units like Butchers and Scorpions who could then run around slaughtering everyone in Cetus? since the only cost would be a bunch of the most expendable clones and a few ramsleds, why haven't the Grineer at least tried this?

Vay Hek is prolonging the conflict for personal gain. 🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Vay Hek is prolonging the conflict for personal gain. 🤷‍♀️

what does he gain? if he wipes out the Ostrons, he can take the whole region, mine and exploit the resources of the region to their full extent, and also have potential access to the last surviving Orokin Tower and anything inside. 

if he spares the Ostrons, he doesn't have any of that, just a bunch of people who won't bow to grineer oppression- so are no use as slaves - and keep calling in Tenno that kill and disrupt his forces constantly. he has an army that seems to number in the billions. and thinking about it he wouldn't even have to use actual grineer: he could just send in a ramsled holding a bunch of Ghouls with melee weapons instead, they'd be more than capable of wiping out the mostly defenseless Ostrons.

of course, there's a chance if he did that now in a Cetus full of Tenno it wouldn't work, but if he'd done this before Konzu reached out to us, Cetus would be Grineer property by now. 

13 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i had already thought of and disregarded this theory.

what does it matter how much pain someone feels if they are being rescued from almost certain death?
even if the teleportation process is the most painful thing anyone has ever experienced...its still preferable to being left in a cell to die and rot...AND its preferable to risking being killed trying to run through hordes of bad guys trying to kill you on the way out.

we are tenno...our mission is to RESCUE the target...not make sure they are comfortable in the process. to that end we would complete our mission in the most efficient and likely to succeed way possible.

some pain is worse than death. that's why euthanasia is a thing.

imagine someone precious in your life.
if someone is valuable enough that you want to rescue them, there's a pretty big chance you don't want them to be harmed as well.

capture targets only need to be alive, they'll probably gonna be tortured for the intel and killed anyway. the same logic cannot be applied to rescue targets. they're not valuable because of the intel they have, they're valuable because somebody wants them back. rescue targets need to be alive AND well.

if you ask me to save someone you love, than i'm back with just her head and body every other limbs are ripped off "well she's technically still alive. it's better than dying in a cell and rot" you will absolutely go apeturd on me and never use my rescue service again.

14 часов назад, cha0sWyrM сказал:

i had already thought of and disregarded this theory.

what does it matter how much pain someone feels if they are being rescued from almost certain death?
even if the teleportation process is the most painful thing anyone has ever experienced...its still preferable to being left in a cell to die and rot...AND its preferable to risking being killed trying to run through hordes of bad guys trying to kill you on the way out.

we are tenno...our mission is to RESCUE the target...not make sure they are comfortable in the process. to that end we would complete our mission in the most efficient and likely to succeed way possible.

Well, it could be speculated that this technology probably causes severe long term damage as well, and that's not a thing to do to an ally. I wonder if they can sue Lotus...

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

some pain is worse than death. that's why euthanasia is a thing.

thats a bit dramatic no?

no temporary pain that you KNOW is saving you from certain death and delivering you to safety...is "worse than death". thats why animals and people will sever their own limbs to escape being stuck somewhere.

besides...its your assumption that the capture target is screaming in pain. there is no evidence they are in pain. as i have already explained...its far more likely that they are just screaming in fear...what with being hunted down and kidnapped by magical killer space monsters and all.

besides....what do we...the tenno...care if some rando rescue target well never see again is in a bit of pain for a few moments? were there to do a job. not make sure everyone is comfortable while we do it.

10 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Well, it could be speculated that this technology probably causes severe long term damage as well, and that's not a thing to do to an ally. I wonder if they can sue Lotus...

well....it could also NOT be speculated.

not a single solitary thing in all warframe lore suggests that.

Why can't we equip our archgun in open world while flying around in archwing?

Why can't we stack a queue for our foundry to keep repeating processes?

Why do when we "die" as operators we just go back into our warframe?

Why is it when the Warframe dies the operator doesn't have an opportunity to escape without the use of the warframe? 

How do operators outside of warframe not die while in space?

Why do the planets not have their equivalent gravity?

Why do projectiles have falloff in outer space or railjack missions?

how are there sounds in space/railjack missions?

Where does the user hold all that gear and how can we just instantly summon a huge necramech or weapon or archwing out of nowhere but yet we have to run to extraction? 

Why can't we have an omni tool for normal missions to extract?

11 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Especially since they have the same voice... well there are two different voices, so its probably the same two people. Both just as incompetent as each other... both pining for the other in secret... waiting for the day they can confess their feelings... except they keep getting caught... 

Grineer Clones.

13 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Where do the stuff we sell go to?(warframes and weapons)🤔

You notice lots of our guns are used by the enemies too? Yep. And the Warframes hang out on the Junctions.

Archived