Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Players; Let's Wait, Yeah?

WondahBoah

This is a little guide for anyone and everyone who wants to join the "Let's rework Volt" bandwagon. Note that all threads made as of now are next to worthless with Armor 2.0 coming--DE wont make changes now AND then. Let's let others have the subforum for a while, until Armor 2.0 is released or we are given an extensive and detailed preview of it. This could even be applied to other frames, but let's focus on Volt.

1. Play Volt extensively before and after Armor 2.0. This is a given. You can't rush him to 30 and claim you know him either. Play him in all areas-- High level, low level, Grineer, Infested, Corpus, and all mission types. Don't be afraid of Forma.

2. Avoid labeling shortcuts/super random situations (Synapse) as fixes. Holy Hek do I hate this.

3. As Volt's issue is more mechanical than damage output based (65/35 really), start there. (Suggestion: Volt should be able to use all skills while in full motion--sprinting, kicking, wallrunning, etc.). Then move to damage buffs/nerfs.

4. If changing any skills, start with a loose archetype you want him to follow. (Caster, Gunslinger, Support, etc.)If not look at ways to make his current skills more cohesive.

5. Alter his stats, or leave them be, based off of your design. No matter what he should get a standard sprint speed boost (1.1).

6. Write a new description, or keep the old one, for him based off of your decisions. Skill descriptions wouldn't hurt either.

7. Label your thread appropriately. Be neat and organized. Spoilers are our friends. (Don't know how? put what you want between [spoiler[   ]/spoiler] with the brackets properly aligned)

8. Do not go to a thread you disagree with just to shout slander and sway people to your side. Be genuinely constructive. We had a good period of time when everyone actually listened to each other and gave some good feedback on each others ideas. Read threads thoroughly, avoid being inflammatory, and keep elitist ideals to yourself, should you have them.

I'm not saying ignore Volt. I'm not saying don't post about him. I'm just saying that there is no reason to post based off of soon to be obsolete data, only to have your rework made obsolete. I'm also saying KNOW Volt before making threads. So yeah.

EDIT: Rather than write tons of frame-post guides, I'll say this: steps 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8 are near universal for any and all frames you might want to make posts/reworks for.

Edited by WondahBoah

This is pretty much true and I cannot tell you much people saying things like "synapse plus shield makes Volt OP" kills me. I literally feel like cuttin' a *@##$. In all, I don't think DE will turn around and look at Volt anytime soon with armor 2.0 and berzerker coming.

Edited by Solaurus

Volt will get a fix sooner or later. It's just not his time yet.

I've used all of the Warframes, and I have to admit that he is probably the worst. I like his abilities, but they have a lot of shortcomings. Electric Shield should be mobile, all of his skills should be castable while moving (sprinting, jumping, et cetera), he should be invincible during Overload because he's just an immobile target at that point, Shock should chain, and so on and so forth. The only useful skill in his arsenal is Speed.

The only reason Ember is getting a fix is because of Ember Prime, and Armor 2.0 will come out with her. Ideally, I'd like to see Volt Prime next. If they fixed Warframes that need fixed alongside their Primes, that would be nice. Although I cannot think of any Warframe besides Volt that needs a fix besides perhaps Banshee...

In all, I don't think DE will turn around and look at Volt anytime soon with armor 2.0 and berzerker coming.

Hate to break it to ya, but...

"This is just a small set of the stuff that needs a look at for frames – more to come."

Sorry I didn't call out Volt specifically but he is part of the bigger list.

Also, to the OP-

5. Alter his stats, or leave them be, based off of your design. No matter what he should get a standard sprint speed boost (1.1).

Having Speed isn't enough in that category?

I think the bigger issue than his movement speed is, like you said-

3. As Volt's issue is more mechanical than damage output based (65/35 really), start there. (Suggestion: Volt should be able to use all skills while in full motion--sprinting, kicking, wallrunning, etc.). 

Things like Electric Shield being dropped in one spot, turning you from a mobile caster to an immobile sniper.

You know, honestly I like volt for speed and for use making beam weapons into hitscan weapons.

It is particularly useful with the critical magnification of synapse, but I do agree, I don't find him very useful for much else.

He is slow, has good shields, his armor isn't bad, but he definitely isn't a viable alternative to gun-play.

You know, honestly I like volt for speed and for use making beam weapons into hitscan weapons.

It is particularly useful with the critical magnification of synapse, but I do agree, I don't find him very useful for much else.

He is slow, has good shields, his armor isn't bad, but he definitely isn't a viable alternative to gun-play.

Volt is currently tied for worst armor in game.

2. Avoid labeling shortcuts/super random situations (Synapse) as fixes. Holy Hek do I hate this.

I'm going to like you just for this. Its the same as saying: Oh look, Frost is totally fine because of Snow Globe. Hopefully, people can understand that one good weapon combo/niche broken mechanic does not save a crumbling frame that has little to no other synergy whatsoever.

I'm going to like you just for this. Its the same as saying: Oh look, Frost is totally fine because of Snow Globe. Hopefully, people can understand that one good weapon combo/niche broken mechanic does not save a crumbling frame that has little to no other synergy whatsoever.

I kid you not that was the first thing I thought of to put down.

I have been using the Volt warframe for quite some time now and I think the reason being why people always label weapons with Volt such as Synapse is because Volt serves as a amplifier warframe. I think the way he is now he is just okay.

Things like Electric Shield being dropped in one spot, turning you from a mobile caster to an immobile sniper.

The way i look at Volt and his skills is that. The first skill serves as a spread stunner so when enemies are in front of you and you need to go ahead of them. the second gives you speed so you can go into a good position where you can see every target. the third is like a bipod for a sniper rifle, when you get into a good position, you deploy it and you just start to shoot. fourth is when things get messy around you and you need to clear the crowd.

So yeah, maybe Volt is actually an Immobile sniper.

I have been using the Volt warframe for quite some time now and I think the reason being why people always label weapons with Volt such as Synapse is because Volt serves as a amplifier warframe. I think the way he is now he is just okay.

The way i look at Volt and his skills is that. The first skill serves as a spread stunner so when enemies are in front of you and you need to go ahead of them. the second gives you speed so you can go into a good position where you can see every target. the third is like a bipod for a sniper rifle, when you get into a good position, you deploy it and you just start to shoot. fourth is when things get messy around you and you need to clear the crowd.

So yeah, maybe Volt is actually an Immobile sniper.

[rant]

immobility =/= lightning, friend.

Volt isn't meant to be an "amplifier" frame, he wasn't intended to be, he isn't labeled as such, and that statement appears to be based solely off of Synapse.

The Synapse argument would only ever make a little bit sense if people were just given a Synapse on building a Volt. That would be absurd, as is claiming a hard to get gun for a broken combination makes Volt fine.

Also, the results you are getting can only be achieved in low-mid gameplay. 1 has weak stun capabilities and poor damage; 2 is fine, except for promoting melee on a low armor frame; 3 contradicts 2, they removed adding AI damage and replaced it with poorly scaled electricity, otherwise it's nice for survivability; and 4 is hella U.P.. Venus? Fine. Saturn? Fine. Pluto? Uh-oh. Really, the only skills my Volt has then are Speed and Stormbringer Dera.

I'm sorry for the assault, you said Synapse and I began to see red. promoting immobility only caused me to start breathing fire.

[/rant]

really, I meant "2. Avoid labeling shortcuts/super random situations (Synapse) as fixes. Holy Hek do I hate this."

I just sold Volt.  At rank 24.  I did not like this frame.  I feel like he is second-worst to play in this game, after Loki.  Now some people do some incredible things with Volt, but I honestly hated every ability except speed, he felt totally useless.  He NEEDS a fix, sooo badly.

i like what you did here

pls make one for banshee

they once said that mag is not at par with the other frames BUT NOW

she over power ember and banshee(maybe nyx and volt too) and with just one skill tweak

i could be wrong here - dont hate

added a statement to the bottom regarding other frames that basically says you can use some steps in this one to achieve the same result.