Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earning Free Platinum

InfernalShadow

I think we should have a way of earning platinum for free, not taking a screen shot of a kill but a chance of getting free platinum from doing tasks, watching advertisements or login awards. I think being able of earning even a small amount of platinum could make the game more easy and fun. Please give some opinions about this idea.  

yeak i agree with that they should giv out slots in events or login bonus

There are many ways to fake these earnings. For example, putting false information on a Peanut Labs survey, watching an ad and multitask while ignoring the ad until the ad is finished....etc...etc.

I like Warframe at the moment. Platinum is super cheap if you know where to look for promotions and if you got a coupon, then you are on a roll. If you are guys are so eager to earn some platinum, there are sites such as swagbucks and prizerebel which are 3rd party sites which can hook you guys up with ultimate game cards towards Warframe. At the moment, I have 60 dollars worth of swagbucks but I am saving up for something a little more special.

Being a network security professional i'm against this. In all promotions of the sort, you will inevitably come across a "task" that will in one way or another damage your computer and/or steal your data through forms. Not to mention gray-ware that they ask you to install before receiving the prize.

Allowing players to earn a token buffer amount of platinum wouldn't even come close to putting the developers out of a job, especially with how gouge-tastic the money system already is.  It'd let players avoid the problem of having not enough platinum to spend on anything useful.  Then again, that's a deliberate result of microtransaction systems like this so as to encourage yet another platinum purchase, so it's unlkely such an idea would be implemented.

I wouldn't want it to be in the form of outside programs, though.  It'd be in-game things, including login rewards, but also other things like participating in events (outside of sweepstakes which are statistically silly to bother with).

Edited by NikolaiLev

honestly, working with something like peanutlabs isn't an awful idea.

DE gets the proceeds from their users doing surveys and gives platinum to the users in return.

this is exactly what neverwinter does. (although neverwinter gouges their players by not even offering the cash equivalent of what peanutlabs offers them)

obviously this is entirely opt-in and would give folks a way to make platinum in-game without spending any money as well as generating a revenue stream for DE.

done properly it's not a huge security risk. (although anything like this does run *some* risk)

Edited by xethier

I think we should have a way of earning platinum for free, not taking a screen shot of a kill but a chance of getting free platinum from doing tasks, watching advertisements or login awards. I think being able of earning even a small amount of platinum could make the game more easy and fun. Please give some opinions about this idea.  

You want platinum without paying for it?

http://www.get-anything-for-free.com/free-warframe-platinum

here you go, this way you can earn it and the developers get paid

I do not recommend this method though, you can make more money with less effort in real life.

Edited by BlackVortex

i have only 7 platinums left (i #*($%%@ it up and didnt know what it was) and i really need more warframe slots :( can't the game makers do like.. ah....
log in 30 times in a mouth get 5 platinums or something so we wont stuck with 2 warframes slots
and i know some people going to ask me like "why not buy?" or "then pay for it if you want it badly" i live in Thailand (sometimes in Sweden) US dollars are so @(*()$ mush, not only i have to pay in thai Bahts (name of the money in Thailand) i don't even have credit card yet.... anyway, thanks if some of you guys reading this, so you know its not only me who have the same problems

• 3 weeks later...

free platinum is a bad  idea  nothing in this world is free  but platinum earnd through vigorous  gameplay and hard work or 1.11 % chance in daily bonus or the completion of  painstaiking  tasks  i do not wish to insult the DE or anyone on the forums    nor do i  wish  to intrude my opinion over  anyone i would only like to further the game play  of anyone who cant afford  the platinum   

thanks  for taking the time  to read this  and  please submit your  opinions  and  my apollogies  to anyone offended  by my post