Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earning Free Platinum

InfernalShadow

No, think it's not good idea, as for game same for players too, (lower money to game -> lower game support then, it's not what we all want I think)...
Maybe will be good to make Plat trades player to player more easier, or something like auction house, but free plat - maybe just on sometimes giveaways or events...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my opinion, i have been playing the game for about 1 mouth and a half.

I have watched as i reap throw tons of enemy's while gain exp, and etc. but when it comes to finding  items such as Warframe Blueprints, an  weapons  for people like me who didn't know once they started  what plat. was for and was used instead of holding on and using it for warframes or weapons i know that it was a factor or necessary to have.

I've been looking for a way to earn plat. from in game battles to see if there is a survey that could possibly earn me a few, also as i played i noticed that we have  to have  exp before we can rank.

I have just recently  hit rank 3 because of my warframe and weapons etc. i can no longer progress in ranking until i obtain a new weapon, warframe etc. and where most items obtain are either made over a 12 hour period, also  weapons  and warframes are rarely obtain in battle and when building  one it could take anywhere 1 hour to two week  depending on how much you play and how much actually game time you have set.

I would say that leave plat to buyers but daily reward for loggin in should be overhauled.

Get rid of all the sentinel exp and warfram exp because we get way more than those misely 2.4k exp.

Add something cool like weapon/warframe slot BP's so we can craft them maybe a rare sentinel decorative BP's like wings, throw some rare mods in to that and you will have a good daily reward base. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 options that you might want to take (1 is more recommended than 2).

1. Well Since the new melee 2.0 I suggest you to Start farming Stance mods and sell them on the Trading Chat.
If you don't want to spend all of that time farming (And have a lot of cash and rare mods) you can try Transmuting
some rare mods that you don't want, Hoping to get something Worth a lot of plat.

2. Lets Say that step 1. didn't quite work out and you've got a lot of friends that buy games regularly. You sign in to this

site ------> https://www.g2a.com/r/snipe3d and you create what is called a goldmine. What this basicly allows you to do is that you invite friends to the site and when they buy a game from it you earn some profits (if they make an acc. and invite their friends you will earn 60% of profits from their friends, and if their friends invite friends you earn 40% of their profits). Profits vary for the price of the game.

P.S. Sorry if I used bad English.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy folks...

I'm a new player, but I'm one of the people actually interested in platinum for a few reasons.

What I saw in this thread I find interesting more so on an economic level than I do as a designer so I might as well throw in some 2plats and see what others think.  

First, the plat is a rare resource in the game.  Keeping it rare and scarce certainly works to help the game devs control and make money off of the game.  I kind of have an issue here though...  If the devs keep this resource scarce, it only goes to the people that can afford the most of it, right?  So bare with me, but most of the players (like myself) can only invest so much time into a game while we won't spend money on it.  That's what may be happening here and is certainly a problem with the market economy.  Now I was given 50 plats and I planned to save up for some of the really good stuff (just started maybe a week ago) but it seems that you have a LOT of ways to drain plat and not as many investments into how to restock it.

And as the person on the first page said, having this plat be very specific hinders them from playing overseas.  Without a way for the resource to be attained, it only goes to the richest among us.  That's pretty harsh on the growing gaming populace.

Now are there other ways to at least S-L-O-W-L-Y allocate plats for people that have the time, but not the money?  I think that should be explored more.  Perhaps a Tenno vs Infested event that gives individuals 3 or 4 plats while a clan gets 10 to distribute might work.  

Now for me, the entire advertising aspect is an interesting one, but recognize I'm not a fan of every last person getting to know me on a personal level.  The NSA already spies on us, why should we be giving them more ammo with more advertisements?  Perhaps an ingame option would work best.  Maybe if you take a mission that is extremely high risk for your level, it gives you added platinum for your sheer audacity.  Now I've been looking at the Tenno background and they seem to have a huge honor part of their history.  So why can't you fight for rep and a little bit of plat to help ease you in the ranks?

Other options include rewarding a play style.  Maybe Ms. Rambo Tenno likes her guns big and her sword bigger so using only one for an entire level gets them a bonus plat.

Meanwhile, the far sneaky Stealth ninja Tennos get 1 for not tripping an alarm or all silent kills in a level.

These are merely examples of how plat can be distributed in slow amounts so as not to disrupt the system too much.  Yes, I'd be a fool in not acknowledging that this could be abused, but it greatly increases the time that people bring into the game while helping some people have money for the revives or larger market gear.

Of course, there's plenty of other ways to do this.  But people shouldn't think that money is the main way to help the devs.  Having people enjoy the game and decide more ways than trading in a market might help extend this game to people outside of the target market.

-snip-

I understand where you're going with this, but it isn't necessary.

Trading in this game is very active and platinum isn't difficult to attain via that method.

Every player will get lucky at one time or another. They may not even realize that the mod that dropped that last mission is rare or not. (especially a new player) -- even uncommon mods can be more rare than rares. (if that sounds crazy, you haven't played long enough)

Additionally, as new items come into the market and old items are "retired" those retired items, if trade-able, become very, very valuable in platinum prices. (as the arcane helmets are now)

Prime items are also a source of income.

Once you get into the MR7+ area of play, you'll realize that you have dozens if not hundreds of mods and prime items that you don't need, but i guarantee someone out there who hasn't had your luck or doesn't have as often to play needs it.

Trading that spare paris prime upper limb to a player for 5-15 platinum is fair to both.

Selling a half dozen mods at 5p a peice is enough to buy a new warframe slot or a 4-pack of weapon slots.

Trading is the only method to currently gain platinum without buying it, and it rewards players who spend time in the game and are willing to work with other players (in the form of trading). 

Problems with the trade system aside (the are numerous in terms of UI and functionality) but it at least exists. 

Want plats without having to pay for it?

Use trading.

One of my clanmates joined us as a rank 1 beginer.

He cant pay for plats.

He played, farmed with us, and stayed on alert on the trade channel.

Today, he has enough plats to buy slots for all frames, lots of weapons. He could buy a fewpotatoes, a syandana, and colors packs.

You want it free? Work for it.

A possible solution for you would be to trade mods and/or keys with other players, 2 platinum shouldn't be too hard to come across that way.

I don't even make trades of 2 plats, not worth the time I waste to enter the dojo, so yeah this is easily done

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking as an antisocial prick, I'd like the opportunity to earn platinum without having to sit around in the trade channel and interact on any meaningful level with another human being. Personally I think Guild Wars 2 has the best system for premium currency I've yet to see, or at least the most agreeable to the player base. You play, farm, and eventually earn enough in-game currency to trade for premium currency through a system which they designed, and that premium currency can then be used in the premium marketplace. 

I realize for the developers that's basically ensuring a hit in the pants as far as profit margins go, but I think it'd be a fairly sparse hit in the pants. The fact of the matter is, people are @(*()$ lazy. If you do what Guild Wars 2 does and ensure that you have to spend a lot of in-game currency (IE: put a lot of time into the game) in order to get platinum, it would reward dedicated players, feel less like there's essentially a "pay to continue" point later on in the game, and lazy people with disposable income would still happily pay for platinum just so they didn't have to grind it out. 

Everybody wins. More people are attracted to the game because the pay to win factor is diminished, the developers can still earn a tidy sum by selling platinum to lazy people, and those dedicated enough to the game to play the crap out of it are rewarded for that loyalty in a meaningful way. It's free plat in the sense that you don't have to play for it, but you still have to bust your &#! to get it, you just do so through fun and engaging gameplay, rather than sitting in trade for hours rubbing your undercarriage viciously and going, "Boy I hope somebody buys this damn thing soon so I can stop having thoughts about suicide." After all, if people want to pretend to be boring entrepreneurs they can always go play EVE Online. 

or the trading system can be improved so that the time-sink sitting in trade chat is reduced and the current system is left more-or-less intact.

plus you, i dunno, improve trading...

Yeah, I suppose you could always have an auction house system like many online games have. I still prefer the GW2 system as it rewards just raw gameplay more or less directly, without having to worry about middlemen, but an auction house sort of system at least would be a step in the right direction.

Yeah, I suppose you could always have an auction house system like many online games have. I still prefer the GW2 system as it rewards just raw gameplay more or less directly, without having to worry about middlemen, but an auction house sort of system at least would be a step in the right direction.

i would prefer a system similar to silk road or asheron's calls bots. (albeit without the necessity to stay logged in)

would be nice to see added in with the quest hubs.

the ability to buy or rent or build a kiosk in the hub.

ultimately owned by the clan. but while i'm dreaming, i'd like a 2005 lotus exige and my own space shuttle too.

i would prefer a system similar to silk road or asheron's calls bots. (albeit without the necessity to stay logged in)

would be nice to see added in with the quest hubs.

the ability to buy or rent or build a kiosk in the hub.

ultimately owned by the clan. but while i'm dreaming, i'd like a 2005 lotus exige and my own space shuttle too.

Well yeah likely none of this will be implemented, but there's no harm in grumbling like angry old men about it. You never know, maybe something will be done. 

I have 2 options that you might want to take (1 is more recommended than 2).

1. Well Since the new melee 2.0 I suggest you to Start farming Stance mods and sell them on the Trading Chat.

If you don't want to spend all of that time farming (And have a lot of cash and rare mods) you can try Transmuting

some rare mods that you don't want, Hoping to get something Worth a lot of plat.

2. Lets Say that step 1. didn't quite work out and you've got a lot of friends that buy games regularly. You sign in to this

site ------> https://www.g2a.com/r/snipe3d and you create what is called a goldmine. What this basicly allows you to do is that you invite friends to the site and when they buy a game from it you earn some profits (if they make an acc. and invite their friends you will earn 60% of profits from their friends, and if their friends invite friends you earn 40% of their profits). Profits vary for the price of the game.

P.S. Sorry if I used bad English.

Sadly it was better than most native English speakers can manage

You want platinum without paying for it?

http://www.get-anything-for-free.com/free-warframe-platinum

here you go, this way you can earn it and the developers get paid

I do not recommend this method though, you can make more money with less effort in real life.

Can anyone verify the safety of this? It sounds a little too good to be true

Can anyone verify the safety of this? It sounds a little too good to be true

just for fun I actually tried it, it takes lots of effort to get a few points

you need a lot of points to buy a gamecard

make sure you use a secure browser which blocks all scripts, because some of the offers/surveys you can complete can have crap with them, stay away from these

then there are those that want your personal information so they can send you offers and advertisement on your home adress and mobile phone, stay away from these too

then there are a few that are really simple, like you register at some game and you get points, took me about 3 minutes for those to complete, very low reward though

and as I have stated before, if you are willing to waste your time, you can make more money in real life with less effort

this method is not recommended

Trade isn't really a solution. Mostly due to the fact that you're losing out on in-game items you might actually need and without experience might jut overbuy/oversell something. It's like someone looking for a job and since his idea if a job isn't good enough - you send him off to play with stocks.

Trade isn't really a solution. Mostly due to the fact that you're losing out on in-game items you might actually need and without experience might jut overbuy/oversell something. It's like someone looking for a job and since his idea if a job isn't good enough - you send him off to play with stocks.

from DE's perspective, trade is a perfect solution. think about it for a second.

if they give out platinum, they're directly loosing money in the form of that giveaway.

if you trade with someone... well, that platinum was purchased. so regardless of who uses it, and for what purpose, it only entered the economy via someone giving money to DE.

and no matter what, i doubt that attitude is going to change. and as a free to play game... it shouldn't.