Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earning Free Platinum

InfernalShadow

After reading through some of this, I have come up with a suggestion. The dev's could add something similar to the Slot Machines you find in Borderlands 2. (sometimes you get weapons, sometimes eridium. and sometimes, You get a grenade in your face :P) For maybe $2.50 worth of Platinum, you could Buy Tickets and then go to a Raffle (which ideally would be integratted into the in-game store) for a chance to get either cheeap stuff OR expensive stuff, with everything in between. Nothing would be excluded from the raffle, and, as stated above, the expensive items would be more rare to obtain than the cheaper items. and in keeping with the theme of this thread (free patinum) there would also a slight chance to earn Slightly more platinum than what you payed for the Raffle

I feel this would be good for the devs as this would actually create a profit from some of the financially-Lacking players as they would feel they could get good gear by spending this small amount and would, more likely than not, Keep spending that small amount for More expensive items

All Feedback is appreciated

Edited by Wierdotron

After reading through some of this, I have come up with a suggestion. The dev's could add something similar to the Slot Machines you find in Borderlands 2. (sometimes you get weapons, sometimes eridium. and sometimes, You get a grenade in your face :P) For maybe $2.50 worth of Platinum, you could Buy Tickets and then go to a Raffle (which ideally would be integratted into the in-game store) for a chance to get either cheeap stuff OR expensive stuff, with everything in between. Nothing would be excluded from the raffle, and, as stated above, the expensive items would be more rare to obtain than the cheaper items. and in keeping with the theme of this thread (free patinum) there would also a slight chance to earn Slightly more platinum than what you payed for the Raffle

I feel this would be good for the devs as this would actually create a profit from some of the financially-Lacking players as they would feel they could get good gear by spending this small amount and would, more likely than not, Keep spending that small amount for More expensive items

All Feedback is appreciated

This is a clear NO-No for me. I just clearly hate all random gift box systems. Warframe has enough rng, dont let developers think there would be a possible something to do with random plats rewards!

I think that credits should have more value instead of platinum being the best thing ever. they should use a planet side 2 kinda method. it would make sense for them to do it. The game itself has more entertainment by getting blueprints and farming and most people do that as opposed to paying with money. I would gladly pay up 500k credits to one million for a warframe (although that would take time), and would love to pay 100k for a new WF slot. I build all my items and I still have a lot of credits because we can barely buy things with credits.

If we just had that id be happy.

oh, and a full color wheel. I don't even want to think about buying a deeper shade of blue.

Get lucky once - get 90% discount on platinum, buy first or second pack ...

I spent the money, and it was worth every penny/cent etc.

Now running short of plat again, and too lazy to sell mods which I have tons of, if you have money which you can spend, why not spend it, cause you know when I go out I spent hella lot more, and then sometimes regret, why did I ahve to drink that much...

? i got no idea what you guys are talking about you CAN earn FREE PLATNUM through daily log in. its just the next rarrest thing to actuly getting something desent from the log in system, i got SUPPER LUCKY AND GOT 30 free paltnum and honor of the *****.... sigh its just very  very rare and it has to be a T1 log in. 

::Yeah i agree with you in way's::

Yes the creators  need the money but im surprised they haven't made a S#&$load (mind my language) of money form this game im going to spend some money to support them.But yeah it would be a help to get a small amount not asking for alot but a small amount just to help us get slots for warframe's, Weapon's but one other thing i don't get why we have the same amount of slots for sentinel's as we do for weapon's its kinda weird when there's a smaller amount of sentinel's then the amount of slot's we have for them (if that make's sense).

I frankly love this game because its addicting

in ways i dislike it (not saying hate cause well this game is far from being hated) cause it draws me from every other game cause i find something i want to save for or get a awesome blueprint and i have to get the stuff for it.

P.s to the creator's i really love the designs of primary and secondary guns, melee weapon's, Sentinel's and most of all the the warframe's how you keep the same concept but give it extra detail on the armor to make it a prime warframe simply awesome.

Don't hate guy's really DON'T!!! Haha jokes :)

::add me if you want::

PS4 - ANITEK16

• 4 weeks later...

every F2P game has a way of earning "platinum-like" money... instead of paying for game tokens directly  we could do surveys, that way the company that's managing surveys  pays money to Warframe dev. team and we get small amounts of platinum... it's  a win win situation.. dunno why this doesn't exist here.. but my favorite example is Star Trek Online  ... not only you can do surveys..but also you can exchange your rare ingame Currency ( Dillitium - wich you can only get 9k per day - and to trade for  2$ you need like 250K ) for ZEN ( purchasable by real $$) ..it's not much ..but it works...

You can sell rare mods and prime parts in Trade chat for platinum.  You can also get like 30 platinum for free along with the 50% discount login reward but that's super rare (I've had it twice in 10 months.)    

I wouldn't be opposed to more platinum opportunities from ads or w/e. Offering slots as event rewards would also be awesome.  

You can sell rare mods and prime parts in Trade chat for platinum.  You can also get like 30 platinum for free along with the 50% discount login reward but that's super rare (I've had it twice in 10 months.)    

I wouldn't be opposed to more platinum opportunities from ads or w/e. Offering slots as event rewards would also be awesome.  

weapon slots are occasionally given as event rewards. most "supercharged" weapons, when given out, come with a slot.

examples: machete wraith, gorgon wraith, etc.

The problem is that there is a pay wall.  And it's slots.  Unless you are magically lucky and get all the mods you need (I have over 800 hours in this game, and I've barely gotten any of the 'mandatory' mods, much less the 'good' rares), you're stuck.  So unless you spend money you may be stuck with two Warframe and eight weapon slots for as long as you play the game.

Now, here's the thing, I have spent about $220, which is a $140 above and beyond anyone should pay for any released video game.  And this supposedly still in Beta.

I think we should have a way of earning platinum for free, not taking a screen shot of a kill but a chance of getting free platinum from doing tasks, watching advertisements or login awards. I think being able of earning even a small amount of platinum could make the game more easy and fun. Please give some opinions about this idea.  

Trading. My clanmates makes a bunch of plat from impatient people looking for corrupted mods and such. Play the market a bit, it might be worth it.

Edit - just realized this is a necro post. Time to bail~

Edited by RainDreamer

(I have over 800 hours in this game, and I've barely gotten any of the 'mandatory' mods, much less the 'good' rares)

I think there is an issue with your methods of acquisition, then.  I haven't bought any platinum and I have everything except a handful of prime parts and a couple of stances/transmutation-only mods.