Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there no plat sales?

Arnul.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb LillyRaccune:

DE has discounted their supporter packs in the past. Otherwise I just wait for a coupon...

Exacly.

If I remember right, coupons on the other hand don't exist on Consoles because auf the platform-shop restrictions.

The sales were introduced as a substitute for the Platinum Coupons.

47 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

i often get 50-75% coupon since i never buy plat. the more you buy plat, the less coupons you will see in game. that's how the algorithm is set. 

I would be inclined to agree with this. I used to rarely get coupons, and mostly low value ones when I did get them. I was buying plat and PA things at that time. I haven’t spent any money in a while, and I keep getting 50%+ coupons, it’s great.

— —
 OP, PC doesn’t need a plat sale because of our discount coupons. Console does need a sale as they get market discount coupons instead of plat ones.

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

i often get 50-75% coupon since i never buy plat. the more you buy plat, the less coupons you will see in game. that's how the algorithm is set. 

1 hour ago, Hayrack said:

Plat discount coupons you randomly get on login, especially if you login rarely.

Sources? I've been playing for five years and I can't honestly attest to either of these outside of confirmation bias.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Sources? I've been playing for five years and I can't honestly attest to either of these outside of confirmation bias.

idk about you but i keep getting these discounts every week - 10 days. never seen 20/25% in my entire play through. everytime it's 50-75%. i don't buy plat since i grinded hard in my early days. now i still got 10k+ which i only use for skin bundles or slots. but even that get's replenish if i manage to get some new weapon riven. 

3 hours ago, Dauggie said:

yeah, it reminds of one dude here who keep getting 75% multiple times because he claims to keep buying them.

it make sense if DE want to charge full price for big spenders who'll keep buying plats anyway. totally logical thinking.
but the opposite is not a bad logic as well, if someone only buys when he got good coupons, then keep giving good coupons so he'll keep spending money. some profit is better than no profit. and generating plats doesn't costs DE anything so it's always a win for them.

would love to see if there's a legitimate source for the claim.

The theories I've heard is that there is a sort of timer that determines when you'll get a coupon on login (which IIRC was semi confirmed by players). Then if you don't login on the day you're supposed to roll it then it gets saved for your next login. And if you miss multiple of these "coupon days" in a row then it'll save the highest value one you've gotten. Thus players tend to get a 75% after leaving the game for extended periods.

None of it is really hard confirmed to work like this but with years of observations this seems to be how it functions.

Okay, Apparently confirmation bias is not a familiar term for everyone. To quote dictionary.com:

"bias that results from the tendency to process and analyze information in such a way that it supports one’s preexisting ideas and convictions:"

You are predisposed to see causality for things they are unrelated if it supports your beliefs as to how any of this stuff happens. And that includes if you initially get "hunches" about how the algorithm works.

The "proof" people bring up of other players experiencing something similar or their own personal experiences is not the same as actually knowing what the algorithm is and it isn't proof of any sort, either.

Edit: to clarify further, I haven't experienced things the same in five years. If I don't spend money for a long time on plat, it doesn't increase or decrease my chance at 75% off coupons etc, same with not logging in regularly or logging in every day. However, my opinion on this is also not proof of anything.

6 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

DE has discounted their supporter packs in the past. Otherwise I just wait for a coupon...

Coupon, what is this mythical thing you speak of. Where does such am item come from, and how to capture one of my own.

Never got one in eight years...

...and I took nearly four years off.

6 hours ago, Dauggie said:

the more you buy plat, the less coupons you will see in game. that's how the algorithm is set. 

whats your source for that?

because i get most of my coupons shortly after i have used one. i only ever buy plat when i get a 75% off coupon, but i load up when i do get one. which could take months and months....my most recent one took over a year. but every time i do use one...i get at least a 50 and 2 or more 20s within the next week or so.

this is a basic sales technique. if someone buys something...you immediately try to get them to buy more. if a customer exhibits a pattern of buying things when you offer a sale...then...you keep offering them sales. especially when the item on sale has no real value and costs you nothing to provide. maybe you want 100 bucks for the thing...but you know...getting 25 is better than getting nothing.

it doesnt make any sense for the algo to offer less coupons the more you buy...thats backwards.

13 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Playing almost 2 years, have 0 plat (starter plat spent). Sometimes I log in only on weekends, sometimes my play sessions are much shorter than usual, and boom, 50-75 discount coupon on next login.

Very tempting, but so far RGN is not total pita, cosmetics are meh for me, so if I ever give in, it's because I need inventory slots.

2 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Playing almost 2 years, have 0 plat (starter plat spent). Sometimes I log in only on weekends, sometimes my play sessions are much shorter than usual, and boom, 50-75 discount coupon on next login.

Very tempting, but so far RGN is not total pita, cosmetics are meh for me, so if I ever give in, it's because I need inventory slots.

13 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Okay, Apparently confirmation bias is not a familiar term for everyone. To quote dictionary.com:

"bias that results from the tendency to process and analyze information in such a way that it supports one’s preexisting ideas and convictions:"

You are predisposed to see causality for things they are unrelated if it supports your beliefs as to how any of this stuff happens. And that includes if you initially get "hunches" about how the algorithm works.

The "proof" people bring up of other players experiencing something similar or their own personal experiences is not the same as actually knowing what the algorithm is and it isn't proof of any sort, either.

Edit: to clarify further, I haven't experienced things the same in five years. If I don't spend money for a long time on plat, it doesn't increase or decrease my chance at 75% off coupons etc, same with not logging in regularly or logging in every day. However, my opinion on this is also not proof of anything.

43 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

🙄 Do i have to abstain from Warframe for several weeks in a row to prove you that login frequency (maybe spare plat owned too) affects chance to get plat discount coupon?

No offense, but it appears your reading comprehension is limited wrt this topic. Anecdotal evidence, as I explained in the post you quoted is the exact kind of thing confirmation bias works off of.

BTW I've had periods where I didn't log in for a stretch of time and not experienced anything different. I've had 90p or 4kp and not experienced anything differently. Or when I did, it didn't happen consistently at all.

So my advice is to get a larger sample size (maybe at least a few thousand players, I'm not a statistics person but even I know that is kind of low still,) and use the scientific method to do a study on your statements before proclaiming them fact.

On 2021-08-26 at 11:25 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

I think the 'login rarely' idea entered common community belief a long time ago under a different system in which it was actually true.  Under the current system I haven't seen any evidence beyond anecdotes.  Under the old system, before it started counting total logins and instead gave rewards based on consecutive logins, there were different reward tables for 3, 5, and 7 days.  All could offer discounted plat but the 5 and 7 days reward lists were expanded with other tasty rewards like Forma, Reactors, Catalysts but also less tasty rewards like warframe and weapon blueprints that were available in the store for credits.  There was clearly a reason then to avoid playing for a day to drop back to the lowest table and avoid drop table bloat if someone wanted a discount.  After the change to login rewards, I suspect the idea that not logging in gives better chance of discount is simply confirmation bias mixed with the continuation of the concept of that being 'how it is' from people who heard it once but didn't know why it used to happen under the old system, or why the reasons for that no longer apply.

6 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I think the 'login rarely' idea entered common community belief a long time ago under a different system in which it was actually true.  Under the current system I haven't seen any evidence beyond anecdotes.  Under the old system, before it started counting total logins and instead gave rewards based on consecutive logins, there were different reward tables for 3, 5, and 7 days.  All could offer discounted plat but the 5 and 7 days reward lists were expanded with other tasty rewards like Forma, Reactors, Catalysts but also less tasty rewards like warframe and weapon blueprints that were available in the store for credits.  There was clearly a reason then to avoid playing for a day to drop back to the lowest table and avoid drop table bloat if someone wanted a discount.  After the change to login rewards, I suspect the idea that not logging in gives better chance of discount is simply confirmation bias mixed with the continuation of the concept of that being 'how it is' from people who heard it once but didn't know why it used to happen under the old system, or why the reasons for that no longer apply.

I'm glad someone remembers that. I remember them implementing the daily login system as it is now, but couldn't for the life remember how it worked previously.

I've labored under the same misconceptions in the past, but I really don't think, with the myriad of ways I have done the things mentioned in this thread (logging in, not logging in, buying plat, etc) I started to be unable to see a pattern. There may very well be one, but unless someone wants to do some digging or get DE to answer the question, we can't know.0

Archived