Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most op ability

(XBOX)DeadPool8307

No matter what your thinking, its not that.

That harpoon attack from ancient healers that does many things at once, and nearly impossible to defend against its worst effect.

1.high damage hit..

2.drags you on floor..

3.sets your energy back to ZERO!?

I have never understood why such a common enemy has such a devastating attack. In high level missions, just 1 hit from full energy to 0 will kill most frames who rely on their energy and are built with efficiency and energy generation in mind but it all falls apart when this bullS#&$ puts you to 0 energy constantly.

WTF DE? Ive been waiting years for this to change. 90% of warframes are banned from end game infested directly because of this 1 aspect of a Common enemy.

I like to jump out of the way...

Yes the energy thing is annoying, but that makes the enemy truely dangerous. Just like how Nullifier Bubbles and Nullifier units are immune to nearly all abilities.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

Ive been waiting years for this to change.

DE never said they would change this enemy, so why were you waiting?

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

The energy taken is equal to 25% of the attack's damage, so if you take 100 damage, 25 of your energy will be depleted

But since they do more than 100 damage in most cases, yes, you will go to 0 energy in one attack 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

Obviously not the effect im worried about but i will answer that most players dont have that mod in their first year or two of play.. handspring should be mentioned here as replacement.

if youre not worried about it...why mention it? besides...its the effect most people worry about. the damage and energy drain are just inconvenient...that knock down and subsequent immobilization can get you killed.

but sure ok....handspring...or any number of other ways to counter knockdown.

Just now, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

The complete energy removal is a side effect from their damage buff the infested got a while back. I won't ever believe that's actually intended, even if some DE staff would claim it.

I absolutely despise it, and it's wrong on so many levels. But I guess it's still a thing for.. challenge's? sake. 

Personally, it is the most rage inducing part of warframe.

It limits my choices so much when choosing my frames for missions.. that i end up using a basic health/armor tank that needs no energy whatsoever.. but is also very boring to play..

1 minute ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

Personally, it is the most rage inducing part of warframe.

It limits my choices so much when choosing my frames for missions.. that i end up using a basic health/armor tank that needs no energy whatsoever.. but is also very boring to play..

I kind of wish Flow or efficiency mods would have an added benefit of protecting a certain percent or amount of our energy from outside influence.  Such an effect wouldn't be worth an entire mod slot, but it would be a nice perk for modding for energy.

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

No matter what your thinking, its not that.

That harpoon attack from ancient healers that does many things at once, and nearly impossible to defend against its worst effect.

1.high damage hit..

2.drags you on floor..

I have never understood why such a common enemy has such a devastating attack. In high level missions, just 1 hit from full energy to 0 will kill most frames who rely on their energy and are built with efficiency and energy generation in mind but it all falls apart when this bullS#&$ puts you to 0 energy constantly.

WTF DE? Ive been waiting years for this to change. 90% of warframes are banned from end game infested directly because of this 1 aspect of a Common enemy.

This is one of the reasons that Steel Path infested are the most dangerous enemies in the game.  People tend to view them as the pushover faction because they don't get the ridiculous armor or shields that Steel Path Grineer and Corpus do, respectively.  But with the advent of shield gating, infested are now the only faction capable of instantly countering that.  They can drop our energy to zero with almost no warning or buildup.  They can also just flat out bypass shields with toxin damage, which probably shouldn't be capable of one hit kills anymore.  Toxin always felt a little crappy on enemies, but it wasn't as egregious back before shield gating existed because one hit kills were pretty common.  Now that shield gating exists, toxin feels out of place.  But I digress.

Man the tracking of it is unreal. As long as your in range you will get dragged immediately if you don't perform a roll in time.

33 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

Primed_Sure_Footed.png

I mean yeah but lets be honest. We all mod for the main stats instead of utility unless we get another frame like Loki where you don't need to mod for much

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cash201293 said:

Man the tracking of it is unreal. As long as your in range you will get dragged immediately if you don't perform a roll in time.

I mean yeah but lets be honest. We all mod for the main stats instead of utility unless we get another frame like Loki where you don't need to mod for much

Primed Sure Footed is exilus, though.  Yeah, it will take a lot of forma to fit it on most builds, but its benefits usually outweigh the +15% to main stats from the Lua drift mods.  It makes you immune to most enemy CC and also unlocks minimap aiming (ie, immunity to self stagger from aoe weapons).

But as good as PSF is, it's not going to stop the energy drain.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

ArcaneNullifier.png

So ancient disruptors can in fact hit you with a magnetic proc, which this arcane would protect you from.  But most of their energy draining is not linked to that proc.  And on steel path, a single hit is likely to wipe out all of your energy, whether you resist the magnetic proc or not.

This is still a useful arcane, it's just not really relevant to this particular discussion.

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

So ancient disruptors can in fact hit you with a magnetic proc, which this arcane would protect you from.  But most of their energy draining is not linked to that proc.  And on steel path, a single hit is likely to wipe out all of your energy, whether you resist the magnetic proc or not.

This is still a useful arcane, it's just not really relevant to this particular discussion.

Oh the hit drain because of the aura not the magnetic gotcha. Uh radiation I guess would be my other tip

On low levels you can just plow through infested, so this isn't a problem, on high levels you should already know how to deal with them, same with Arby drones, same with nullies. There's also energy pads, they're in the game for a reason.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

I just hope this post gets some attention from DE, so they might at least look at this ability and try to balance it more fairly somehow.

Making nearly every energy reliant frame a bad choice for infested missions because of 1 effect of 1 common enemy merits a re-balancing in my opinion.

You may want to request a moderator to move this thread into Feedback section, however the staff do see hot topics regardless of their location.

I don't know if "rebalancing" is neccessary versus "tweaking". However I realized my bias in this whole situation...

I use Zenurik Energizing Dash on literally every loadout that I have. This creates an environment where I view energy as a disposable commodity and I think that energy eating enemies are an acceptable compromise.

The "Zenurik or you are doing it wrong" situation does need to be addressed. Having a faction where Parasitic Eximus are common and Ancient Disruptors along with every enemy affected by their aura has guaranteed-energy-drain-on-hit (and a small magnetic status chance) is super annoying. Especially if you trying to use different Tenno Focus schools.

Archived