Elite Crew 150% Crit Chance, Add or Multiply?

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Question

5 answers to this question

you might be surprised with how useful normal Crit Chance is on Kuva Nukor - sure, you won't get forced Crits from that or anything but it's not like this Gun actually needs Crits to Kill things most of the time, so why we put Crit Mods on it is because of just how much is boosts the power of it. and going from 20% Crit Chance to 30% Crit Chance is a pretty huge increase in power for this Gun as a result.

anyways, the way it's written will generally indicate what to expect. plus that giving everything forced Crits and then some seems very unlikely, does it not?

Wondered this as well, and thanks to a crewmate I got today, I should be able to tell. I compared a non-elite crewmate with 5 combat, to an elite crewmate with the 150% crit chance bonus and also 5 combat. Luckily point strike is also exactly 150 %. So if we do the exact same weapon setup, the non-elite with a weapon with point strike, and the elite with the same weapon without point strike, we can see how it behaves based on whether the elite kills in the same-ish amount of time or hilariously faster. Oh also we know certain other bonus elite traits like the low health heal work outside railjack missions, so I'm assuming all elite traits work outside railjack unless the trait specifically has an effect on a mechanic related to empyrean missions.

I used an ignis wraith against a paused level 125 corrupted heavy gunner in the simulacrum. The mods other than point strike were kept the same. 

Here's the comparisons I found, did 5 runs for each, that's all I could be asked to do.

Non Elite Times with point strike (seconds):

5.47, 5.16, 5.54, 6.13, 5.68 Average: 5.596 Seconds

Elite with 150 bonus trait but no point strike (seconds):

5.62, 5.5, 5.75, 5.06, 5.30 Average: 5.446 Seconds

So it looks like it doesn't work like smeeta, or add a flat 150 on top of base, but works just like point strike and multiplies the base crit chance of the weapon by 1.5.

Which is lame because it means it's hilariously outclassed by the other combat elite trait. 

1 hour ago, CaptainPancakes said:

Wondered this as well, and thanks to a crewmate I got today, I should be able to tell. I compared a non-elite crewmate with 5 combat, to an elite crewmate with the 150% crit chance bonus and also 5 combat. Luckily point strike is also exactly 150 %. So if we do the exact same weapon setup, the non-elite with a weapon with point strike, and the elite with the same weapon without point strike, we can see how it behaves based on whether the elite kills in the same-ish amount of time or hilariously faster. Oh also we know certain other bonus elite traits like the low health heal work outside railjack missions, so I'm assuming all elite traits work outside railjack unless the trait specifically has an effect on a mechanic related to empyrean missions.

I used an ignis wraith against a paused level 125 corrupted heavy gunner in the simulacrum. The mods other than point strike were kept the same. 

Here's the comparisons I found, did 5 runs for each, that's all I could be asked to do.

Non Elite Times with point strike (seconds):

5.47, 5.16, 5.54, 6.13, 5.68 Average: 5.596 Seconds

Elite with 150 bonus trait but no point strike (seconds):

5.62, 5.5, 5.75, 5.06, 5.30 Average: 5.446 Seconds

So it looks like it doesn't work like smeeta, or add a flat 150 on top of base, but works just like point strike and multiplies the base crit chance of the weapon by 1.5.

Which is lame because it means it's hilariously outclassed by the other combat elite trait. 

how the hell is it hillariously outclassed? The only other good one is zetki turret dmg for gunners.

8 hours ago, hackedraptor said:

how the hell is it hillariously outclassed? The only other good one is zetki turret dmg for gunners.

You'll note I said outclassed by the other combat elite trait, being "Increase Critical Damage by 300% while Health is below 50%" which is yes, far better in terms of mod space efficiency than a 9-point point strike mod as an elite trait. 

Edited by CaptainPancakes