Is Impertor Vandal good?

sauceyboii11

Question

15 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

so It's just MR fodder

I wouldn't necessarily say it is MR fodder but, like most weapons, AOE trumps all other options. I used Imperator Vandal for a long time and loved it.

• Like 2

it has good overall Stats. what it doesn't quite have in Burst DPS or AoE as some other Archguns, it does have a pretty big Magazine.
if you put the Punch-Through Mod on it, that would help it mow down big groups of Enemies faster, which is mainly the only real weakness i'd say it has.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

I will start faming mech I guess...

If you're just looking for a good archgun go for Grattler. It is better than Mausolon. Everyone is gaga for Mausolon because it is decent, given to everyone when they get a necramech, and basically "baby's first decent arch gun" Grattler and Kuva Ayanga are both better.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

I only have the basic archwing stuff, and is it good?

It's good. I still use it for Profit Taker, dealing more damage with Chroma/Imp Vandal than most teammates using Necramechs. In other content it still shreds, but requires aiming, unlike Grattler or Ayanga. And it has an absolutely beautifilul Tekelu skin, available cheap in market. (default colours when prewieving are meh, but with custom ones and three metalics it looks great)

• Like 1

Imp doesnt suck but it doesnt do anything better than one of the other guns.   

Its high precision with tons of ammo.   It could be decent down in iso tunnels on a mech...   I havent tried it versus an orphix....

-----------------

Right now I like Cortege and Kuva Grattler.  My Cortege has a riven otherwise it is on the weak side.   Kuva grattler is only good because of how big its AoE shots are and how much ammo it has (way nicer than ayanga),  BUT versus other mechs grattler really sucked so I wouldnt use it down in iso tunnels...  

Mausolin... I only like this for open worlds so you can shoot down dropships...  its a nice overall gun with a good alt fire but for foot enemies i prefer AoE/Chaining weapons.  

-------------------

As far as profit taker ANY aw gun will work and is the least important part of the fight.  

AW guns dont have enough slots/capacity or mod variety =/   AND they have been left out of galvanized/arcanes for guns....    AW Guns should be insanely more powerful than regular guns.   

Not enough love here for the vandal so imma share some

Modded for rate of fire, it's one of my top aw guns. Just like mesa's peacemakers, it might not be the hardest hitting thing, but since it hits so fast, everything will simply eventually die.

With rad, it can tear through Taker's legs faster than majority of other things in warframe.

Also, shooting a maxed rof vandal into a chunky target and just watch its health go down is really satisfying.

8 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

As far as profit taker ANY aw gun will work and is the least important part of the fight. 

Yup, but using Imp Vandal i can call archgun when i start the fight and never put it down. I have 5 damage types (all ips+ 2 elemental) , so i take more than half his shields in one rotation, and then all legs and torso on one clip. With enough spare ammo to blast alert beacons and Fluctus guys. 

Posted (edited)

So the Imp vandal is good for single targets and not good for groups but it could b used for that if you have enough ammo and high damage output.

So if I'm for a riven I should focus on the damage output and ammo and maybe some crit chance.

Right?

Edited by sauceyboii11