Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing With Gamepads.

Primagen_VA

Hi Tenno brothers and sister

I have figured out following issues due the use of:

.)PS3 SixAxis Controller with MotionJoy Gamepad Emulator

Adjusted:

Deadzone on left stick 25, deadzone on right 12.

First of all the "X" Button in the XBox Controlers is the Square Button and if you are goging to reassign it....

forget it. as soon as you press it it will reset the hole assigment.

Second the automatic Aimassistent for controllers works like a charm. It also follows an enemy while moving and aiming. A+ for that one ;D

Third the "hack" for consoles is not good. there you can see its made for something with a touchfield human input hardware ( PS4 Controller)

But this is my main reason for this post. Its extremly wierd to use melee attacks against every enemy because of the camera. As an exemple:

A two grineer are standing in front of you. ( Melee range) You attack him/her with melee attacks ( any weapon). After you killed the first one the other one stands on your left/ right ( you are turning the camera view to see him and melee him). But you are attacking the nonmore existand enemy.

The other one is attacking you. Autoaim dont work right on melee, warframe doesnt aim to enemy while you look with the camera on him.

I will make a video with it with banditcam to show exactly what I mean.

Greetings

I use a PS3 controller set up in Xbox emulation mode. Works just fine. I turned off the option for melee attacks to rely on camera aiming, and that fixed the melee issue. Had to redo some of the button bindings to suit my play style, but that was it.

I use a PS3 controller set up in Xbox emulation mode. Works just fine. I turned off the option for melee attacks to rely on camera aiming, and that fixed the melee issue. Had to redo some of the button bindings to suit my play style, but that was it.

^Exactly the same thing I did.  I haven't had any issues since.

Make sure that you spend some time in the option & control menus if you're going to use a gamepad.  A few minutes of setting things up right could prevent hours of frustration down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, stop using motionjoy - it's a security risk. It demands privellages beyond what it needs to update and show adverts.

One alternative I found is "Better DS3" - it's basically the same thing but doesn't require an internet connection  for anything more than downloading the program and therefore closes the wide open back door that motion joy uses creates.

I found this solution when looking to use generic pads as an Xbox controller but neither motionjoy nor better DS3 would recognise my generic pads. Only Dualshock 3.