Unused Focus Points

So so far i accumulated around 100+ million focus points...
Focus tree 2.0 has been completed right from the beginning (since the required focus points has been reduced and i already had completed the prior version of it)

So what about a little token shop where we can spent these focus points for e.g. Forma, Steel Essence, various Adapter, Kuva, Endo, Ressources aka Argon Crystals etc. 

unknown.png

I'm betting they're planning on expanding the Focus trees for Duviri Paradox and Adult Mode.

Would still only go so far, though. I once had an idea of making the Focus Lenses grant Syndicate-like effects to equipment you use, with Focus Points as a resource to power and enhance those effects. We'll see if DE have a similar idea.

Edited by KnossosTNC

12 minutes ago, ---Swaggi--- said:

So so far i accumulated around 100+ million focus points...
Focus tree 2.0 has been completed right from the beginning (since the required focus points has been reduced and i already had completed the prior version of it)

So what about a little token shop where we can spent these focus points for e.g. Forma, Steel Essence, various Adapter, Kuva, Endo, Ressources aka Argon Crystals etc. 

unknown.png

I doubt we will get anything that will let us not do some part of the content or buy crap
For example not going for argons to void or not going to fissures for forma BP or buying them from market

I would be more than happy if we could spend 1M or more or whatever focus on buying 6th school
Which would be FFA and we for more or same amount of focus could put into it skills from other schools

Then it should follow by allowing us to expand stats of skills by paying with focus for example + void energy or + amp energy or - cost of some skills whatever

Then we should have shop from which we could buy WHATEVER crap like weapons or idk think of something
And it would end up just like syndicate crap we get for playing and sell

There is no other solution that would make happy EVERYONE other than turning into syndicate
Unless we will get some new gimmick to operators kinda like we get subsuming for warframes

But who would farm focus to have his operator X stat for 7 days other than eidolon hunters?

I would not be against an expansion of the Focus to actually be a Skill TREE instead of Skill LINE for each School, add variety and use those points we got accumulated. But I dont agree with your reasoning of "I have a ton of points with nothing to spend them on, let me use them other things that have nothing to do with Focus itself" as a "solution". 

I would be absolutely shocked if any further updates/changes to the focus system made our excess points useful.  They could triple the existing trees and people would still max it on day 1.  Based on the Helminth update and other changes, I don't think DE loves when we instantly complete new content.

• Like 2

I think it's a safe bet that Duviri is going to expand on the focus system, probably quite extensively, so your additional points will get used.

personally I don't really bother with focus much now, as I have all the Zenurik skills I want and none of the other focus schools are that good IMO. 

8 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I think it's a safe bet that Duviri is going to expand on the focus system, probably quite extensively, so your additional points will get used.

I highly doubt that. I don't think DE would create a new late game system that most vets could max right away.

At best, they create a new "school" we all need to earn focus points for. 

It would be cool if we could use extra focus to temporarily supercharge some nodes though. Either that or small incremental improvements to certain nodes that come with scaling cost. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

i have an idea.  for every 10 mil focus points, adding a 1% increase of some particular stat for weps/frames/companions based on what school the points were  drawn from as some kind of slight boost which probably won;t make too much difference in the long run.  heck, maybe make the lich/sister weps tradeable after such an application (full reset to 0-zero forma state) to sell to others for those wanting the ultimate peak weapons and the platinum to waste on those full-maxxed on the stats  :B

i've been playing a long time and my highest focus points total is 62 million on the naramon school.

but, yeah, it would make some players start focusing on focus gains once again  X>

really, in all likelihood, as mentioned previously, there may be an expansion of the skill trees with new war/duviri or a whole new subset of schools for the powerless adult tenno in which these will be applied.

I wouldn't bet on any new Focus schools, but I'm sure as hell we'll get another focus like progress system that in principle is diametrically opposed to focus. The lore points to that at  multiple places. While I always speculated before that we'd get a 'nega-Void' focus system for a demon mode with duviri, the appearance of the 5 five kaleidoscope objects shown in the relay dioramas leads me to suspect we'll get it way sooner, and that duviri from a gameplay perspective will be about combining both focus and demon mode after assimilating our twin. 

Most of that is speculation, but I'm more than certain that players will at some point get a demon mode system to max with new points that aren't based on focusing their minds, but letting their emotions run wild and awaken their shadow.