Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I locked myself out of the game by rebinding my Mouse Button 1 to Push to Talk

Danhpr1545

:IMPORTANT:

I might be stupid for doing this but what I did was that I bind my Mouse Button 1 (Mouse left click) to Push to Talk. And now I can't use my Left Click mouse to click and press ANYTHING. I try to press Esc to open my option menu and press Enter and to go to settings to change it. But the problem is I can't go into my Customize Key Bind Settings to change my key bind. I try to press Enter on the Default button. No luck. My enter key just doesn't work in the Option menu. 

Well maybe I should just ignore that and go play some missions? Yeah, I thought about it.But no. You see I can't even select on a mission. Enter key doesn't work.

So yeah, I basically lock my self out of the game and I desperately need help. Unless there is a way I can change my key bind settings without using the in-game Customize key bindings, I will never be able to play any missions or do anything tbh.

I have not tried uninstall and reinstall the game yet. Because I'm not sure if it would reset my key bindings. But if it does work and there are no other alternative method, I will do it.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Danhpr1545 said:

I have not tried uninstall and reinstall the game yet. Because I'm not sure if it would reset my key bindings. But if it does work and there are no other alternative method, I will do it.

Don't uninstall your game. Make a support ticket at http://support.warframe.com/

They will either fix your game for you or tell you what *.log or *.ini file you need to edit/delete to get your game back.

As someone that has locked themselves out of the house several times, I am sympathetic. Hope you can rejoin us soon!

Unfortunately, I don't own any consoles or any controller, and can't buy online or borrow from my close friends due to strict lockdown rules in my area. Warframe is currently the only thing help me with the boredom of staying at home. It sucks. I might have to find another game to play. Or start a new account from scratch (Oh the grind). 😅

Maybe this may help: 

The configuration file for keybindings and other settings can be found in the following directory on Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.cfg. Alternatively, one can go into the game's launcher and "Get Logs" to save the config file to C:\Users\[Username]\Desktop\Warframe Logs.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Settings/Config

THANK YOU SO MUCH!. But I wished you have shown this to me sooner. Because I reinstalled my Warframe after one hour of making this post. It is still downloading 😅

Anyhow, when looking at the logs I can see that my Push to Talk was indeed bind to EN_MOUSE_B0 (Mouse left click).

Qldy0Y.png

Strangely, the button for Primary Fire is now bind with EN_GAMEPAD_R1, which I assume it is a controller button. I think that might be the problem.

QldgN1.png

Or if you have a generic or playstation or xbox controller you could plug in, you could use that to fix it yourself.

This solution could works too. Since it is bind to a controller button.

I will change the bindings again and test it once I finished my download.

Archived