@De give us the option to favorite a relic.

Thunder4Dome

I was thinking the past few days that there ought to be some kind of relic categorization system. I know some players are going to think they're such hard workers because they're not "lazy" and know how to search, but it really gets annoying sometimes trying to remember which obtusely-named relic has what. There's the search, but sometimes it's about selecting the relics you don't want, e.g. if you're looking for forma fodder but don't want to burn through relics that have good vaulted stuff. Simply searching for "forma" doesn't really help narrow anything down, as I'm sure most players realize. Also, I haven't played on consoles but I imagine using the search keyboard is a little less convenient on those.

There's also the matter of certain vaulted parts being spread across relic rarities due to new unvaults shifting things around. For example, my Neo whatever with Mesa Neuroptics might look valuable, except I also have a huge stack of Lith with the same thing, but I can't always see or remember that when selecting a relic for a mission.

I was thinking it could be as simple as right-clicking a relic to fade it out, but moving it to the top of the stack works too -- a simple way to mark less-desired relics. For more specialized hunts, you use the search.

• Like 2

On 2021-08-27 at 6:32 PM, ReddyDisco said:

yes, would save that 1 second to type the name of the relic you're looking for

There is more to it than that. Say you are going to crack a bunch of relics for forma, currently there is no good way to seperate bronze and silver tier forma relics, which results in alot of looking through relics, especially if you have several small piles. A favorite button would help with that since you could just search "forma" and then organize all your bronze forma relics by making them favs. Or if you've been slow on getting the latest primes, so you have several relics for a part, same solution there with a favorite system, you could pre-organize before heading into fissures.

On 2021-08-28 at 4:32 AM, ReddyDisco said:

yes, would save that 1 second to type the name of the relic you're looking for

As a console user, I'd take all all the time saving I can. Especially for endless missions, when there is limited time for choosing before next round. 

I'd be more likely to Radiant a Relic I have favourited, instead of using a random Relic, so my squad would benefit as well. 

• Like 1