Dev Stream 8/27/2021 drops?

FadeToNull

Question

Hey there. For today's dev stream there's an Umbral Forma BP drop. That's great!

However, the stream is scheduled for 2pm on a Friday. And evidently you need to log into the game and go to a relay to get the drop. Per the announcement:

We’ll give you all the information during the Stream, simply be logged into the game and ready to visit the Relay that we will enable!

It's awkward for me to play Warframe at my job as a delivery driver. Not saying it's impossible, but generally speaking, gaming is discouraged.

Is there any alternate provision for those of use who work during working hours?

22 answers to this question

To my knowledge, the drop is handled by Twitch. Logging into the relay is more to test the relay thing that didn't work during tennocon and to check out stuff there. On Twitch you will see the drop bar go to 100% and you'll get the drop. "Join us on twitch.tv/warframe and earn an Umbra Forma Blueprint for watching!"

13 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

And evidently you need to log into the game and go to a relay to get the drop. 

No, there is a little confusion.

The Umbra Forma is a "twitch drop" that you will receive from watching the stream on Twitch (and linked accounts "blahblahblah").

The reason to actually be logged into Warframe during the stream is because DE will be activating the TennoLive Relay where we will see live models of content we were meant to see during the TennoCon event.

See this article:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FusionDragon said:

no drop or claim option here

... I don't know if its the same thing as it happened to you, or if it happened at all, but I didn't get the Umbral Forma drop after watching it for 40 minutes...

(... Not that I need them though, thanks to Teshin...)

Edit:

Yes, I have relinked my Warframe account to twitch since the first time of "Drops 2.0". I received Loki Prime and that Grineer gunblade from watching Tennocon, but no Umbral Forma...

The counter for the Umbral Forma didn't even start counting, and I was watching the stream since 2:15pm (19:15 GMT).

Edited by Uhkretor
Forgot to add the "Edit" section

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... I don't know if its the same thing as it happened to you, or if it happened at all, but I didn't get the Umbral Forma drop after watching it for 40 minutes...

(... Not that I need them though, thanks to Teshin...)

Same here, watched the entire sohow, went to the Tennocon Relay but got no drops.

You know why i always skeptical about twitch drops complaints? Because 90% is because people don't know how to use twitch, they didn't even provide the right evidences.

14 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I didn't get the Umbral Forma drop after watching it for 40 minutes...

Such as this one. My man here is not a new member, he should know how stream works.

As we all know just "watching" doesn't give drop. He should confirm that he have manually claimed the drop, and it's inside his drop inventory under "claimed" category.

12 hours ago, dodorichard said:

Same here, watched the entire sohow, went to the Tennocon Relay but got no drops.

Or this. Going to tennocon relay have absolutely nothing to do with getting drops.

Drops is about making sure that your account is linked, you reached 100% on live progress bar, then manually claimed it.

3 hours ago, Gplay146 said:

I claimed it too but didn't get it. Account is linked (got the Twitch Prime Loki loot)

Or this. Twitch prime loki loot also have absolutely nothing to do with live drops, aside from proving that the account is linked at the time he received the prime loot.

10 hours ago, Kdotjack9 said:

I watched the stream, claimed the forma BP from twitch and have not received it at all. Wondering if there was an issue somewhere for some of us?

This one is probably just a typo. He wrote "forma bp" instead of "umbra forma bp". Since we had forma bp drop a couple of weeks ago, it might confuse me if he's experiencing trouble with this week's drop or previous week's drop.

Historical evidences can also really help. If you confirmed that you regularly watch streams and got previous drops with no problem, it'll put you on a much better position than people who just installed twitch yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Such as this one. My man here is not a new member, he should know how stream works.

As we all know just "watching" doesn't give drop. He should confirm that he have manually claimed the drop, and it's inside his drop inventory under "claimed" category.

If you have read the rest of the post where you grabbed that quote, you would've noticed that I did confirm if the counter was counting under Twitch's Drops Section...

I didn't get it either , I did all the stuff ( watching, claiming and getting the notification where it says "you claimed the umbra forma") yet I don't have it in my inventory. Like couldn't they just put a code with a 1 hour time limit so we don't have this stupid problem with twitch drops?.

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

If you have read the rest of the post where you grabbed that quote, you would've noticed that I did confirm if the counter was counting under Twitch's Drops Section...

You mean this:

17 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Edit:

Yes, I have relinked my Warframe account to twitch since the first time of "Drops 2.0". I received Loki Prime and that Grineer gunblade from watching Tennocon, but no Umbral Forma...

The counter for the Umbral Forma didn't even start counting, and I was watching the stream since 2:15pm (19:15 GMT).

Yeah the tennocon info was pretty helpful, but it was a month ago, and would be stronger if you got drops from recent weeks. Anyway it proves that you have some experience with twitch drops, and your account was linked, but nothing more. So pardon my decision to exclude it.

As for the counter, I did read it and still not entirely sure if the progress bar eventually starts (then you hit 100% and claimed it), or the bar just never even progressed. If it's the latter, then we have our answer don't we? If nothing was claimed, then nothing can be received. On that whole post, you mentioned not even once about claiming, which is the most crucial part. So again, pardon my decision to just quote the part that caught my attention me most. The main point of my post was about fellow tennos providing not the best evidences.

There are few common things that usually stuck the progress bar. Such as accidentally muting the video -twitch doesn't count it as watching. Or something like ads got stuck so the video doesn't counted as playing. Which again: seasoned twitch watchers would usually confirmed first that nothing like those happened. "I manually claimed" instead of "i watched", "i have it in my twitch drops inventory but not in my warframe inbox" instead of just "i never got it", etc.

In the end, I'm not blaming you, mate. I'm just sad twitch is so confusing, plenty people got denied of what should be easy free items, just because they missed a step or two.

Edited by Soy77

Here to confirm what I said above and clarify.

My account is properly linked via twitch and I had previously claimed the loki drop.

My account twitch page says that I  claimed the umbra forma BP from the 27th (in my first reply to this thread I did not specify that it was an umbra forma BP and that was a mistake on my part). It has not showed up in my foundry as of about 20 hours later.

It seems that there might be a hiccup somewhere that caused this problem. It'd be nice to figure out what went wrong so this kind of thing doesn't happen in the future.