Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the love of God just STOP with the two-handed nikana skins already

PlanckZero

A new stance for 2h nikanas is being worked on since... Well since they announced the new stance for warfans, whenever the heck that was.

Yep, DE does indeed let things slide away sometimes... I'm still waiting for the Mitosid mod set :(

That said, I love Wise Razor (after they moved the flip move back to where it belonged).

I actually think it's one of the most usable stances, but that's just me I guess. The only thing I hate about it is how f_ing broken op forced slash procs are on heavy attacks (don't @ me).

Also I love that Revenant skin. I thought it looked cool in the concept art, just some doubts about the head, but the 3d model looks amazing. 

And the fact that the shawl is removable AND a syandana just makes me a happy person.

8 hours ago, PlanckZero said:

With Revenant Deluxe you're adding a fourth two-handed nikana skin to the game. Only three two-handed nikana even exist. There should not be more skins for a weapon class than there are actual weapons of that class. The next time someone comes up with the idea that the game needs yet another skin for the giant anime swords no one uses just stop, step back and come up with literally anything else instead.

We just need a [WISER RAZER] stance and they will be in demand.  Yes, RAZER with an “E”…as in eviscerating with extreme malice until nothing is left standing.

Raze them to the ground.

8 hours ago, PlanckZero said:

With Revenant Deluxe you're adding a fourth two-handed nikana skin to the game. Only three two-handed nikana even exist. There should not be more skins for a weapon class than there are actual weapons of that class. The next time someone comes up with the idea that the game needs yet another skin for the giant anime swords no one uses just stop, step back and come up with literally anything else instead.

DE only release skins for popular items, dude. Why are you so mad about this anyway?

8 hours ago, Flannoit said:

Wait, Revenant deluxe? 👀 how did i miss this news

i literally don't care how S#&$ty his deluxe weapons are i am in love

QavCViS.png

Sorry in my opinion, that skin looks Ugly. I do hope that Syandana work on other frames.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

We just need a [WISER RAZER] stance and they will be in demand.  Yes, RAZER with an “E”…as in eviscerating with extreme malice until nothing is left standing.

Raze them to the ground.

How about a [WISER RISER] stance, Riser with an E and an I, as in the carnage you will unleash on the enemies will make...  some of... us... rise! Rise to the sublime, pierce the heavens!?!?

Calm down OP. The best reskin style direction, imo, were Vandal weapons. I hoped for metallic Arca Plasmor, but we got a bunch of anime swords and Tenet Nerf Guns instead. People buy this style, so this is the year of Warframe's Animezation.

More skins aren't the issue , 

I do wish the base weapon the skin applies to was a lot more fluid.

When the tenet Livia was available ,and I tried it , I was immediately reminded of why I don't use the 2h nikana.

Cause it's stance is so awkward , making skins is all well and good , but what's the point if I don't feel like buying it , cause it's on a poor weapon.

Il y a 13 heures, (XBOX)TyeGoo a dit :

So let us just be angy at DE for not focusing on a new stance, since we've been yapping for forever now.. the time to create the last 3 skins could've been used for a fun stance..

Please 🥺

Correction : YOU have been yapping about this. This is certainly not a big deal for most people.

Also, it's not magical, the teams that work on making new skins are not doing the same type of job as those who work on making animations. You can't just affect any team on any part of the game.

Maybe the skin making team didn't have much better to do than that while wauting for the other teams to catch up, so might as well do a thematically appropriate nodachi skin for the delux.

23 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

If you want a new stance then I understand that. Yet you should not blame a skin for not having it. I am very positive they can make stances and skins at the same time.

I'll be honest with you, I feel we have not gotten a new stance for it because well.. they have no idea what stance to actually make. 

Personally I want something like Blind Justice for it.

Yay,yay,yay I'd love a stance that gave it a forward slide like "Blind Justice" but then at the end it does a upper-cut! and sends enimies slightly into the air for a horizontal slash 😍 also in this hypothetical stance, I would be thrilled to see (from the DarkSiders series) a move that the main character War does called 🤘Demons eye🤘  for those that don't know it, it's like an over head slice in a circular motion. It's wicked sick 😤👍 

Harrow System and Ambassador drop changes are welcome! I have had 5 horrible farm experiences (2x Harrow Systems, 3x non-BP Ambassador parts).

Obligatory, "Oh, but DE, what about us players that did these grinds? Remember Hema and Universal Medallions?"

EDIT: Referencing @Flannoit's picture.

23 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

How about a [WISER RISER] stance, Riser with an E and an I, as in the carnage you will unleash on the enemies will make...  some of... us... rise! Rise to the sublime, pierce the heavens!?!?

Meh, sounds like a goody-goody who is book smart and always gets 8 hours of sleep and never misses early bed time.

Smart and well rested are good states of being but hardly foremost qualities you seek in an improved 2-handed Nikana stance to cut down the enemy 😆

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Meh, sounds like a goody-goody who is book smart and always gets 8 hours of sleep and never misses early bed time.

Smart and well rested are good states of being but hardly foremost qualities you seek in an improved 2-handed Nikana stance to cut down the enemy 😆

Hmm good point good point. How about [KAISER GEYSER] stance. Evocative of Royalguard Style but with an infusion of violent powerful discharges/outbursts? Like an Emperor.. who is... climaxing... metaphorically speaking... discharging aristocratically...!!!??!? Kingly release?!?

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Hmm good point good point. How about [KAISER GEYSER] stance. Evocative of Royalguard Style but with an infusion of violent powerful discharges/outbursts? Like an Emperor.. who is... climaxing... metaphorically speaking... discharging aristocratically...!!!??!? Kingly release?!?

I want to hate you but your trolling is so artfully well-done that I must say you’ve won me over.  Your official 2-handed melee stance stance is:

[Arch-Trolling Obfuscation].

I like 2H Nikana's. At least the one I've actually used (Tatsu). The stance isn't the best, sure, but it has a really cool unique effect and just looks badass. This skin is really cool and it makes sense that this bundle would come with it considering that Tatsu is Revenant's second signature weapon next to Phantasma. 

I used to like the stance until the changed it for some reason...
Either they need to revert the change to the stance or add a new one before I even consider using 2h nikanas ever again.

I know that Pennant is insane with a heavy attack build but they are so boring to play with. I just want to hack and slash through enemies with a nice flow, heavy attacks don't really do that.

Just here to bring up a point I bring up every time we talk about cosmetics for weapons:

There are more Dual Sword class melee weapons than any other melee class in the game and there are only T W O Dual Sword skins, both greedily locked as bundle only items.  You cannot use single sword skin on dual swords and just have one in each hand.  They haven't opened that category for tennogen.  There are practically no cosmetics for them.  We have 2 warfans and still got a warfan skin.  Off the top of my head there's only 3 claw weapons and we have a claw skin.

On the non-melee side of things there's like 40 billion skins for the goddamn furis/afuris and they are starter weapons.  Heaven forbid guns that don't suck get some love.

Don't even get me started on how there's all these skins, like the Unreal skins, that could have been universal to their weapon types that are for specific weapons only.  The Hecaton shotgun skin inarguably proves that they can make a universal weapon skin with its own reload animations and all that and replace weapons with funky reloads or strange mechanics.  You can put the Hecaton shotgun skin on the Convectrix.  One of the weirdest weapons in the game when it comes to fire functionality with an even more differentiated alt fire and the skin works there.  There is zero excuse for them to not put out more weapon skins and to make them universal.  

Yet here we are with dozens of skins for starter gear, even more skins for starter gear coming out as part of Prime Gaming rewards (more Afuris.  Of course.) dozens of skins for extremely limited weapon types and virtually nothing for several entire weapon classes.

Unless there's a severe amount of incompetence in the coding that prevents them from making skins for a whole bunch of stuff other than furis, nikanas and shotguns, I can't understand what the reasoning is behind leaving plat on the table by not allowing more weapon cosmetic customization.

Archived