Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Deluxe final update colors and armor set looks( Jacket not removable )

(XBOX)C11H22O11

7 hours ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

I don't actually think Valk's a berserker though, not mechanically anyway (Though I do love that idea, it fits in with the frame's backstory and aesthetic).

The reason berserker fits with her story and aesthetic is because, when she's first released, DE made her a berserker Warframe. Her bundle is still called a Berserker Bundle. That was her original design. But as the game and the frame changed over the years, she became a lot safer to play so she's not much of a berserker anymore and became more a support tank like you see her now. 

9 hours ago, (XBOX)TojiZenin2104 said:

That’s more than fine, which bings us to a fundamental topic: where are we going to get the option to disable every cosmetic while playing? If I see another Zephyr Deluxe or the usual undefined amass of black with the mandatory red details (or even worse, a combination of the two) I’m gonna lose it

It may be hard and you may need to bite your lip, but I think that maybe....just maybe....you will be able survive your teammate having a fashion that you don't like. 

God speed. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Sinekanter:

Mesa and Garuda wear what can be interpreted as a cropped jacket/a short vest (not sure about what to call Garuda's top in English). Banshee wears a bolero. Yareli and Titania's deluxe wear dresses. Part of the design idea behind Warframe is to incorporate clothing/armor into a bio-mechanic design.

Zephyr deluxe was also a very heavily debated design, but it still was included and was voted best female deluxe AND worst female deluxe in my survey. Some designs are polarizing and that is good. 

Let me create an extreme example for you to get my point across:

Let us say you play a dark and gritty RPG in a violent world. At one point the developers put in Donald Duck and Minnie Mouse as skins. Some guys will love it, because pink Rhinos show that a lot of people are into weird and polarizing outfits, but others, who want to be immersed into their game, will hate it. The problem is that from now on you have to raid with Donald Ducks and Minnie Mouses and the skins, while polarizing, will destroy the immersion for one half of the people. And this is always bad, so I can't agree with you.

Arguably, it is not that bad in Warframe atm, but Zephyr deluxe breaks with a lot of ground rules for outfits in Warframe. It breaks my immersion as well. Not to a point that I don't want to play any more, but I honestly hate the direction and if it continues like that, we might see more extreme new skins which finally seal the deal and I might leave a game that I played for 8 years (on off). Valkyr prime is even worse on some levels. The bulky and over emphasized design belongs more to World of Warcraft than to Warframe. If you show the design to someone who has not seen this discussion yet, they will not point out that this is a Valkyr skin, they will see Hildryn here. Which is another let down.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Dunkelheit:

Let me create an extreme example for you to get my point across:

Let us say you play a dark and gritty RPG in a violent world. At one point the developers put in Donald Duck and Minnie Mouse as skins. Some guys will love it, because pink Rhinos show that a lot of people are into weird and polarizing outfits, but others, who want to be immersed into their game, will hate it. The problem is that from now on you have to raid with Donald Ducks and Minnie Mouses and the skins, while polarizing, will destroy the immersion for one half of the people. And this is always bad, so I can't agree with you.

Arguably, it is not that bad in Warframe atm, but Zephyr deluxe breaks with a lot of ground rules for outfits in Warframe. It breaks my immersion as well. Not to a point that I don't want to play any more, but I honestly hate the direction and if it continues like that, we might see more extreme new skins which finally seal the deal and I might leave a game that I played for 8 years (on off). Valkyr prime is even worse on some levels. The bulky and over emphasized design belongs more to World of Warcraft than to Warframe. If you show the design to someone who has not seen this discussion yet, they will not point out that this is a Valkyr skin, they will see Hildryn here. Which is another let down.

With Zephyr deluxe I can agree with you. I also did not like that one at all, because it goes against the flow of the lines that is normally used in Warframe. And I just don't like designs that look like I could build them at home with some card board boxes. 

But I can't agree with you on this skin. I don't want to bother you with a design analysis, but it fits for me for various reasons. But I guess that is because I read designs in a different way than you do. For example, to me the skin doesn't look like something that fits into WoW at all, because the type and richness of detail is quite different. You look for the general shape, so it looks to you like it would fit into that game. Nothing wrong with that, just pointing out that people read designs in different ways and thus feel differently about them. Which is also why I think it fits Valkyr and not Hildryn, because the type of details and flow of lines to me is closer to Valkyr's design.

I agree that design and immersion are important, I myself am obsessed with character designs to the point where I play terrible horror games just because they have good creature design, but in a game like Warframe that draws inspiration from so many different sources I think it is fine to break the mold. Different people have different tastes and all of these people still play the same game together and it is not possible to cater to everyone's 'immersion boundaries'.

Again, I get where you are coming from, but I can't agree that we are on a sort of 'slippery slope' here. I would probably also leave the game if every design would start looking like a 90's mech design, but for me, so far most designs still fit into my personal 'immersion boundaries'. I also hate some skins, but I know that some people enjoy them, because they fit into their idea of a fitting and good design and thus I would never argue that a design should be removed, just because it doesn't suit my personal tastes.

And a couple of months ago so many people complained about the wing ephemera and how it would be the downfall of Warframe's design because everyone would be wearing it and today nobody cares about that anymore and at least when I am online I rarely see them. 

It's an interesting skin. If nothing else. I honestly can't see any other game doing a skin like that. Especially for a female character! The more I look at the concept, the more disturbing it gets to me. It's like her flesh is peeling off. A unique concept and I am interested in seeing what the textures are to see what the feel is with different colors. A lot of the times, changing one color or another can completely shift the theme of the frame. With a dark red it might look like flesh splitting open under pure muscle bulk, and with some other color it might look like a puffy jester suit over a lithe form. 

Reserve judgement until we get the actual skin. 2D concept art can be anything, but once they try to translate it into 3D that has to move, some aspects in the proportions are likely going to change. 

11 hours ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

And my idea for a damge ability - BLOOD FRENZY! 🫀 I'm imagining a ability that once activated, gives Valkyr a sort of combo counter for a duration/scales with duration, and give her damage to everything guns n, melee, The more she kill's the higher the combo the more damage she then does. I think it should scale with power strength and enimie level.

I personally don't like the idea of giving Valkyr a buff that would affect guns. I'd rather have her buff be exclusive to melee so DE can allow it to scale better than what is possible with Roar.

The replacement new 3rd ability (Because Paralysis would be her 1) I've been promoting for some time now is Boiling Rage. Think of Wukong's Defy but giving Valkyr melee damage (Rather than Armor) based on damage absorbed. Overall low buff value but very high cap or no cap to make it more valuable at higher enemy levels.

16 hours ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

I don't actually think Valk's a berserker though, not mechanically anyway (Though I do love that idea, it fits in with the frame's backstory and aesthetic).

She's an Agile Support Tank. Pop 4 to become invulnerable and resurrect downed allies in the Battlefield. Soar across it with ripline, invigorate your allies with Warcry, and open up Enemies up to finishers in an Area with Paralysis.

Her kit doesn't really do any damage, and the damage she does do, is outclassed in terms of area by most other frames, including her Genderbent "Strength" counterpart - Rhino.

I dont know what to describe her as if not a berserker themed frame with some questionable skill decisions. She's no more agile than any other frame unless landing on her feet from high places. I mean, Warcry, Paralyze and Hysteria fits a berserker theme. They inspire their allies (Warcry), they make their enemies tremble in fear (Paralyze) and they go into a rage (Hysteria). The problem I have with her is that the claw part makes no sense and neither does ripline. They would fit in a agile kitty-cat theme, but at that point Warcry and Paralyze goes out the window and so does the rage part of Hysteria.

Its grown on me to the point that I like it, but the skin won't bring my Valkyr Prime out the closet for more than a couple minutes for fashion frame.

I hope they plan some rework/ tweaks before the deluxe to ultimately bring in more sales. At least that's what I would do. :thinking:

28 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont know what to describe her as if not a berserker themed frame with some questionable skill decisions. She's no more agile than any other frame unless landing on her feet from high places. I mean, Warcry, Paralyze and Hysteria fits a berserker theme. They inspire their allies (Warcry), they make their enemies tremble in fear (Paralyze) and they go into a rage (Hysteria). The problem I have with her is that the claw part makes no sense and neither does ripline. They would fit in a agile kitty-cat theme, but at that point Warcry and Paralyze goes out the window and so does the rage part of Hysteria.

Totally agree that she looks like, sounds like, and is described as, a Berserker. And that she just doesn't play that way because most of her skills are outdated/miss the mark with how hyper-mobile and enemy dense the game has become:

1 is slow and clunky for a traversal tool, and the enemy pull is laughably weak while making it even more annoying to deal with their ragdoll.

2 is actually OK

3 has such a short window for finishers that you can't chain kills like a berserker, it's always scream+kill a single enemy, finishers themselves are slower than just using your gun anyway and the shield break damage the skill does doesn't scale well into lategame even with investment.

4 The "stored" damage isn't obvious, rarely ever is used, and amounts to "press 4 to kill yourself if you don't know what you're doing". Also, berserkers take damage and punch back harder, Hysteria just says "no" to damage. Hell, Garuda is more a Berserker in this regard (bugger is that she usually dies when fully utilizing her passive).

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I personally don't like the idea of giving Valkyr a buff that would affect guns. I'd rather have her buff be exclusive to melee so DE can allow it to scale better than what is possible with Roar.

The replacement new 3rd ability (Because Paralysis would be her 1) I've been promoting for some time now is Boiling Rage. Think of Wukong's Defy but giving Valkyr melee damage (Rather than Armor) based on damage absorbed. Overall low buff value but very high cap or no cap to make it more valuable at higher enemy levels.

Yah I like that,  Boiling Rage sounds cool n, it's simple but effective especially since [DE] just have to tweak Defy they could definitely do it.

Good idea 😎👍 also I hear ya and see what you mean about melee only, if it surpasse's Roar it would make Valkyr feel unique which she currently doesn't since everyone can Warcry now, this setup might give her more of a identity fur sure.

Here's hoping [DE] does something for Valkyr 🤞😺🤞.

Ps. I do also love the helminth Ripline tentacle🪱 idea [DE] btw.

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Honestly if her claws had base 20% status chance and we could equip regular claw stances like vermilion storm or malicious raptor i would be over the moon!

21 hours ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

She's an Agile Support Tank. Pop 4 to become invulnerable and resurrect downed allies in the Battlefield. Soar across it with ripline, invigorate your allies with Warcry, and open up Enemies up to finishers in an Area with Paralysis.

Her kit doesn't really do any damage, and the damage she does do, is outclassed in terms of area by most other frames, including her Genderbent "Strength" counterpart - Rhino.

I’m baffled.  She is THE berserker in this game.  The problem is that her exalted isn’t on the level of Excal anymore…or even Mesa.

It needs updated.  You are right, she has morphed to become a support tank, but it isn’t who she is…

3 hours ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

Hell, Garuda is more a Berserker in this regard (bugger is that she usually dies when fully utilizing her passive).

That is a very good point. I mean, she can even leap straight into the thick of it in two ways, and the more damage she takes the more she dishes out. You get the right savage feel from Garuda.

Others see beauty. I see a bear-handed, owl-faced strawberry-vanilla ice cream female Shadow Stalker with velociraptor legs and legless Facehugger syandana.

Looks really off. Maybe color scheme doesn't fit, I just don't know, I can't unsee the owl.

That's ridiculous imo, Warframe is totally going full anime style, at a point it looks like a parody. I'll wait to see the atrocious clipping animations when she'll try to reach the polearm on her back though.

This deluxe looks good except those arms. Damn, what a S#&$show. I really hope they tone it down a bit.

I don't know, it seems totally disconnected from what Valkyr is supposed to be. Agile. Ripline will be weird af though. Her passive won't make sense with that skin.

I was never fond of these liger skins, seem like they are designed for a totally different game. Its like turning warframes into catwalk models, plus they make no sense whatsoever. Why give such a big jacket/arms to valkyr, she isnt a fist brawler like atlas, makes no sense. 

Archived