Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Deluxe final update colors and armor set looks( Jacket not removable )

(XBOX)C11H22O11

3 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

As a valkyr main, i am utterly disguised by that delux. I really hope they change it because thats a hyldrn delux, not valkyr. Valkyr is slick and nimble, not beefy biceps.

I'll be honest not a Valkyr player but I like nothing about that skin.

I cannot explain it but I find it repulsive. Visually I instantly feel grossed out. Dunno why... to each their own though. I'm sure some will enjoy it. 

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

liger-inuzuka-assets-thumbnails-for-uplo

The muscles are confirmed a jacket, so it'll be optional. The bottom left panel shows what it might slightly look like without it

This is better but i hope you know i got hundreds of hours playing valkyr and not a single one will be played using that skin. Its more then just the jacket, this is basicly her prime skin with a new color, i see little to no difference.

2 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Seems like I am the only one, but they are missing the mark lately.

Zephyr skin looking like it does not belong to Warframe. Ember deluxe without feet (again) and now we see... well, what is it we see? No, not a fan. But let us wait for the done product to pass the final judgement.

I feel like they've been missing it ever since that Khora deluxe. Nothing about that skin, this skin, the Ember skin, or the Zephyr skin, look or feel like the rest of the game. Sure, Warframe is dark and gritty with lots of cheap gore, but that's about it. I recently showed my boyfriend a lot of Warframe characters and concept art, and he mentioned that, after Gara, almost everything else looked like it belonged  in a different game. And he doesn't even play Warframe.  The game's aesthetic is becomingly so wildly inconsistent (and it's only getting worse), I believe that by this time next year, everything new will look like a cross-over. 

Nothing about this skin reminds me of Valkyr, and only the arms make me think of Hildryn (for obvious reasons), but other than that, this thing looks like it belongs in a lesser version of Silent Hill. 

4 minutes ago, Perisie said:

Anyone else notice that Liger seems to be obsessed with bulky jackets? Hydroid Deluxe, Zephyr Deluxe, Sevagoth, and now Valkyr Deluxe.

Bulky jackets, weird feet, Asian aesthetics, detailed butts...

Those are the recurring themes of his skins, so far.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)The1stAzrael said:

I feel like they've been missing it ever since that Khora deluxe. Nothing about that skin, this skin, the Ember skin, or the Zephyr skin, look or feel like the rest of the game. Sure, Warframe is dark and gritty with lots of cheap gore, but that's about it. I recently showed my boyfriend a lot of Warframe characters and concept art, and he mentioned that, after Gara, almost everything else looked like it belonged  in a different game. And he doesn't even play Warframe.  The game's aesthetic is becomingly so wildly inconsistent (and it's only getting worse), I believe that by this time next year, everything new will look like a cross-over. 

Nothing about this skin reminds me of Valkyr, and only the arms make me think of Hildryn (for obvious reasons), but other than that, this thing looks like it belongs in a lesser version of Silent Hill. 

Bulky jackets, weird feet, Asian aesthetics, detailed butts...

Those are the recurring themes of his skins, so far.

I agree. 

Even after Mynki left they were still going strong with the aesthetic and it always seemed to have a similar FEEL to it, which not being a visual artist of any kind is hard for me to explain, but I always felt like part of the same world. 

Now, somewhere along the line, not sure where, that started to change. I think it is mostly because of Tennogen tbh. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I agree. 

Even after Mynki left they were still going strong with the aesthetic and it always seemed to have a similar FEEL to it, which not being a visual artist of any kind is hard for me to explain, but I always felt like part of the same world. 

Now, somewhere along the line, not sure where, that started to change. I think it is mostly because of Tennogen tbh. 

Warframe prototypes (with abilities) likely arose as a marriage of experiments of Helminth and The Void on humanoid subjects.

Elegant Abominations.

I also think it's unfortunately going to stay the way it is. It's basically a set of arms and they'd had to model another one underneath it in case people want to remove the sleeves, and we all know that's not going to happen. I'll gladly eat my words if they're detachable... in two to three years when this deluxe is out.

Knowing me, one of two, or I love the skin or I hate it, when I see it in motion I can decide.

Note that although the skin may remind Hyldrin, the only thing really muscular are the arms, the rest of the body has the usual proportions that we see in many female warframes.

I am paying 200 plat to erase this abomination from the games future. It is not like I am not going to buy this skin, it is more like that this kills my immersion when others buy her. It looks that bad. There is a thread on reddit and most commentators hate this skin.

the thing about deluxe skins is that if the designer wants, they can change the entire physique of the frame: Limbo's deluxe turns him into a Sentient, Atlas' deluxe made him a buff rock man, Frost's deluxe gave him insane abs... what makes deluxe skins different from non-deluxe is that they can completely re-interpret the frame's design.

personally, It wasn't what I expected, but at the same time, there's no rules saying that small female frames should remain as small female frames. if the skin isn't for you, then so be it: Valkyr still has several Tennogen options and her first Deluxe Skin to go at. 

mainly I just want to see her get a rework: DE can try to distract me with respectable muscles all they like, but at the end of the day, Valkyr's kit is bad and no amount of insane gains will change that.

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

the thing about deluxe skins is that if the designer wants, they can change the entire physique of the frame: Limbo's deluxe turns him into a Sentient, Atlas' deluxe made him a buff rock man, Frost's deluxe gave him insane abs... what makes deluxe skins different from non-deluxe is that they can completely re-interpret the frame's design.

personally, It wasn't what I expected, but at the same time, there's no rules saying that small female frames should remain as small female frames. if the skin isn't for you, then so be it: Valkyr still has several Tennogen options and her first Deluxe Skin to go at. 

mainly I just want to see her get a rework: DE can try to distract me with respectable muscles all they like, but at the end of the day, Valkyr's kit is bad and no amount of insane gains will change that.

Right, but can you imagine her trying to swing claws and Venka around with those arms? What about other weapons designed for the Da Vinci ratio (Vitruvian Man)?

I admit some weapons don't sit right with some frame aesthetics already, but c'mon..?

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)General Poke said:

Oh, like Sevagoth's scarf/coat/cloak thingy?

I think it's going to be in the shoulder attachments. If you can have only 1 swole arm then it's going to be kinda funny.

One thing people don't mention is the Bundle( if it gets one) I hope it's a Ghoul Saw skin it would fit with this design

1 hour ago, (XBOX)General Poke said:

Right, but can you imagine her trying to swing claws and Venka around with those arms? What about other weapons designed for the Da Vinci ratio (Vitruvian Man)?

I admit some weapons don't sit right with some frame aesthetics already, but c'mon..?

I can imagine her swinging alot of different weapons with those "arms". Alot of people have, like hundreds upon hundreds of thousand have done so in real life through history. And looking at Liger's concept, those are the things he was inspired by. You can see different types of that cotton/leather type of light armor in all of his right side panel concepts. What we see in the art presented on the stream and in the OP it would be a common spanish conquistador look (without added plate armor).

The only thing I wonder about the choice is how the frame concept went from raging berkserker to highly organized rank-and-file soldier. It isnt like Valkyr represents a wide variety of military tactics. I could honestly see this skin more on someone like Mesa or Lavos, possibly even on Hydroid or Vauban since they all represent the era of the look far more.

Valkyr was the first newly released frame when I started playing on PS4, I was impressed by her design, very athletic, sleek, and they nailed the ‘unruly cat’ concept perfectly. This skin not only has little to do with the frame or warframe in general, it’s definitely ugly from what I can see. I don’t know what happened here, this looks like one of those oily tanned hypertrophic mass of muscles everyone makes fun of. Reconsider the design please 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can imagine her swinging alot of different weapons with those "arms". Alot of people have, like hundreds upon hundreds of thousand have done so in real life through history. And looking at Liger's concept, those are the things he was inspired by. You can see different types of that cotton/leather type of light armor in all of his right side panel concepts. What we see in the art presented on the stream and in the OP it would be a common spanish conquistador look (without added plate armor).

The only thing I wonder about the choice is how the frame concept went from raging berkserker to highly organized rank-and-file soldier. It isnt like Valkyr represents a wide variety of military tactics. I could honestly see this skin more on someone like Mesa or Lavos, possibly even on Hydroid or Vauban since they all represent the era of the look far more.

TBH I think, like with Loki, they were likely going with Norse mythos for Valkyrie: Battlefield Chooser of the Dead, and in terms of Warframe gameplay, means an undying warrior woman.

The cat motif probably wasn't the main focus in terms of overall aesthetic, but arose out of the association of "catlike" reflexes to a lithe woman. As the fanbase doubled-down on that, so too did the devs with the fanservice of the Gersemi skin.

18 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

You all know my love/hate relationship with her.

The new skin looks horrible, but it... Fits her. I like it. It reflects that she's supposed to be very, very strong. That's neat in my opinion. I just hope they rework her though. TNW is likely coming in November and I don't expect this skin to be ready this year, so that's plenty of time for DE to remove ripline from her kit considering all Warframes have one as per the Jackal fight, but she's the only one actually wasting an ability slot for it.

Give Ripline to the Helminth for those who want it, make Paralysis her one scaling off her armor rather than shields, make Warcry scale off total armor and buff teammates based on her own armor values. Make Eternal War a default function, and allow for Paralysis to recast the slow and armor buff. Give her a new 3rd ability that pushes her damage further. Make Hysterical assault part of Hysteria by default. Give her a new passive that prevents slash procs from bypassing her armor.

That is more than enough to make her a lot more relevant and desirable in the current state of the game.

This skin all comes down to texturing and details.

Will it look like truly powerful Sinew and vascular muscle?

Or will it look like a B-movie-budgeted special-effects balloon suit?

The jury is out because the design doesn’t offer enough to tell and we have no end-result yet.

Archived