Jump to content

Valkyr Deluxe


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

What's up with designers and jackets rn.. I'm not complaining btw, i love the zephyr deluxe jacket :P its basically the only operator outfit for me as of now 😄

Sometimes Liger feels like Akira Toriyama, no matter what they design it feels similar in a way. Not a bad thing just a thing

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TojiZenin2104 said:

Valkyr was the first newly released frame when I started playing on PS4, I was impressed by her design, very athletic, sleek, and they nailed the ‘unruly cat’ concept perfectly. This skin not only has little to do with the frame or warframe in general, it’s definitely ugly from what I can see. I don’t know what happened here, this looks like one of those oily tanned hypertrophic mass of muscles everyone makes fun of. Reconsider the design please 

They are not going to reconsider the design lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

This is the only thing he said about it

So puffy…we have a cosmetic set that was cloud-based that they flipped into a promotion reward. Cirrus was it?

The Syandana was ok, but the pistol skin and armor sections…I wonder if it didn’t sell that well within the Warframe Universe Aesthetic which is why they flipped it into a Promo.

I’d rather they just go bold for vascular/sinewy muscle rather than a cotton-stuffed winter jacket look.

The end result will be telling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk:

They are not going to reconsider the design lol

If noone buys the abomination of a skin, they will reconsider the design, I promise you.

And Zephyr is the first frame with a "jacket". That does not even fit into the lore of what a warframe is. Warframes don't wear "jackets", do they?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

TBH I think, like with Loki, they were likely going with Norse mythos for Valkyrie: Battlefield Chooser of the Dead, and in terms of Warframe gameplay, means an undying warrior woman.

The cat motif probably wasn't the main focus in terms of overall aesthetic, but arose out of the association of "catlike" reflexes to a lithe woman. As the fanbase doubled-down on that, so too did the devs with the fanservice of the Gersemi skin.

Yeah but even if they went for a valkyrie theme they completely missed the mark. They delivered a berserker, and even there the choice of skills and aestethics are questionable. I mean uh, fighting with claws while angry? Ripline, what? I get the feeling that they looked at too many things and mish-mashed it together, ranging from catlike super heroes like Black Cat/Catwoman (ripline, claws and agility) then shoved anger on there and slapped a norse-like name on it. I mean, the only tie in to valkyries would be the name and the "cat" tie in, and I only give them the cat thing as a valkyrie tie in because Freya has 13 cats that pull her wagon. Atleast with Loki we can sense the theme, although more similar to the Marvel take on him than the actual myths.

I mean, Valkyr could have been an awesomely cool frame if they actually went with the valkyrie theme. Exalted spear+shield, warcry and maybe some winged leap attack instead of ripline, with some synergy between her paralyze and the exalted shield, like a massive AoE shield bash.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

If noone buys the abomination of a skin, they will reconsider the design, I promise you.

And Zephyr is the first frame with a "jacket". That does not even fit into the lore of what a warframe is. Warframes don't wear "jackets", do they?

player response has literally never affected the release of a skin, how well it sells is only going to come to light after it's released, and obviously, it's not going to be changed after that point. your sense of self-importance is even more inflated than that jacket

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (XBOX)General Poke said:

Right, but can you imagine her trying to swing claws and Venka around with those arms? What about other weapons designed for the Da Vinci ratio (Vitruvian Man)?

I admit some weapons don't sit right with some frame aesthetics already, but c'mon..?

thor ragnarok marvel GIF I bring you... proof of concept.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

If noone buys the abomination of a skin, they will reconsider the design, I promise you.

And Zephyr is the first frame with a "jacket". That does not even fit into the lore of what a warframe is. Warframes don't wear "jackets", do they?

No. They won't. The skin will sell fine and even if it didn't they are not going to retroactively go in and change it. The skin didn't sell well so now they are going invest more money and time into it? That's ridiculous and makes no sense from a business perspective. Not to mention it would be a slap in the face of the people who liked the skin and bought it. 

 

If you don't like the skin that's fine. Not every deluxe skin needs to be for everyone. There are plenty of deluxe skins I don't like and that I think look terrible, but you don't see me saying they should be changed. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, (PSN)SHINOBISERPENT said:

It's like valkyr became a gymnast. Threw on a leotard, took a lot of creatine and roids, and is ready to rip arms out of their sockets.

I mean.. sounds like the raging "Woman Scorned" that she is, to me :D 

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

And Zephyr is the first frame with a "jacket". That does not even fit into the lore of what a warframe is. Warframes don't wear "jackets", do they?

Umbra has a scarf.  Sevagoth wears a shawl. Hell, CHROMA HAS A PELT he wears xD ...and that's to say nothing of Excalibur's Deluxe...

According to WHAT "lore" can a humanoid figure not wear a jacket?   Tenno made a long tradition in "lore" of fashioning their aesthetics for various reasons...  Why would a friggin' jacket be so hard to believe?  Otherwise, all frames would just be bland, monotone mannequins.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I absolutely adore the body horror aspect of the design, especially the open back shown in the rougher sketches. I already enjoyed that theme on Harrow, where it was supposed to look like flaggelation wounds and here it looks like she has clawed her own back open.

I don't mind the jacket thing, I kinda like how weirdly proportioned she looks. Given how puffy it looks and Valkyr's cat theme, it reminds me somehow of an expensive, longhaired pedigree cat, giving her a weirdly regal look, especially in combination with the color scheme. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dunkelheit:

If noone buys the abomination of a skin, they will reconsider the design, I promise you.

And Zephyr is the first frame with a "jacket". That does not even fit into the lore of what a warframe is. Warframes don't wear "jackets", do they?

Mesa and Garuda wear what can be interpreted as a cropped jacket/a short vest (not sure about what to call Garuda's top in English). Banshee wears a bolero. Yareli and Titania's deluxe wear dresses. Part of the design idea behind Warframe is to incorporate clothing/armor into a bio-mechanic design.

Zephyr deluxe was also a very heavily debated design, but it still was included and was voted best female deluxe AND worst female deluxe in my survey. Some designs are polarizing and that is good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PSN)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

No. They won't. The skin will sell fine and even if it didn't they are not going to retroactively go in and change it. The skin didn't sell well so now they are going invest more money and time into it? That's ridiculous and makes no sense from a business perspective. Not to mention it would be a slap in the face of the people who liked the skin and bought it. 

 

If you don't like the skin that's fine. Not every deluxe skin needs to be for everyone. There are plenty of deluxe skins I don't like and that I think look terrible, but you don't see me saying they should be changed. 

 

That’s more than fine, which bings us to a fundamental topic: where are we going to get the option to disable every cosmetic while playing? If I see another Zephyr Deluxe or the usual undefined amass of black with the mandatory red details (or even worse, a combination of the two) I’m gonna lose it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah but even if they went for a valkyrie theme they completely missed the mark. They delivered a berserker, and even there the choice of skills and aestethics are questionable. I mean uh, fighting with claws while angry? Ripline, what? I get the feeling that they looked at too many things and mish-mashed it together, ranging from catlike super heroes like Black Cat/Catwoman (ripline, claws and agility) then shoved anger on there and slapped a norse-like name on it. I mean, the only tie in to valkyries would be the name and the "cat" tie in, and I only give them the cat thing as a valkyrie tie in because Freya has 13 cats that pull her wagon. Atleast with Loki we can sense the theme, although more similar to the Marvel take on him than the actual myths.

I mean, Valkyr could have been an awesomely cool frame if they actually went with the valkyrie theme. Exalted spear+shield, warcry and maybe some winged leap attack instead of ripline, with some synergy between her paralyze and the exalted shield, like a massive AoE shield bash.

I don't actually think Valk's a berserker though, not mechanically anyway (Though I do love that idea, it fits in with the frame's backstory and aesthetic).

She's an Agile Support Tank. Pop 4 to become invulnerable and resurrect downed allies in the Battlefield. Soar across it with ripline, invigorate your allies with Warcry, and open up Enemies up to finishers in an Area with Paralysis.

Her kit doesn't really do any damage, and the damage she does do, is outclassed in terms of area by most other frames, including her Genderbent "Strength" counterpart - Rhino.

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-27 at 2:01 PM, Jarriaga said:

 

Give Ripline to the Helminth for those who want it, make Paralysis her one scaling off her armor rather than shields, make Warcry scale off total armor and buff teammates based on her own armor values. Make Eternal War a default function, and allow for Paralysis to recast the slow and armor buff. Give her a new 3rd ability that pushes her damage further. Make Hysterical assault part of Hysteria by default. Give her a new passive that prevents slash procs from bypassing her armor.

That is more than enough to make her a lot more relevant and desirable in the current state of the game.

I believe She need some fixing as well, and agree with most of this ^^^^ especially If [DE] chooses not to do anything with Ripline on Valkyr I think putting it the Helminth is an excellent idea, it could be some kind of badass infested tentacle.

But Eternal War Imo doesn't need to be default.

And my idea for a damge ability - BLOOD FRENZY! 🫀 I'm imagining a ability that once activated, gives Valkyr a sort of combo counter for a duration/scales with duration, and give her damage to everything guns n, melee, The more she kill's the higher the combo the more damage she then does. I think it should scale with power strength and enimie level.

And this "combo counter" should have UI like Nidus/Saryn stacks or that is to say I would like it placed there on the hud.

As for the Deluxe skin, I do hope the jacket come's off not cause I dislike but for the option to do so (I think the jacket cool btw 😉) otherwise I like it 😤👍💗🔥.        

K1E3lmw.png

Ps. Lookin at her makes me want vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce mmmhhp!!! ✌😋💗.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...