Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GOTL SHOTGUN RIV UNVEILED A VERMISPLICER

fo3nixz

Hi Tenno,

It seems the Lotus was a little hasty in sharing her Gifts. The original Shotgun Riven Gift from the Lotus alert (after our Devstream of August 27th, 2021) rewarded an unintended Shotgun Riven Mod for Kitguns. We have since taken down that alert, and have put up a new alert that will reward you with a proper Shotgun Riven. This should be live on all platforms momentarily. If you ran the first alert before it was taken down, that Kitgun Riven is yours to keep Tenno!

1 minute ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Hi Tenno,

It seems the Lotus was a little hasty in sharing her Gifts. The original Shotgun Riven Gift from the Lotus alert (after our Devstream of August 27th, 2021) rewarded an unintended Shotgun Riven Mod for Kitguns. We have since taken down that alert, and have put up a new alert that will reward you with a proper Shotgun Riven. This should be live on all platforms momentarily. If you ran the first alert before it was taken down, that Kitgun Riven is yours to keep Tenno!

Thank You !

2 minutes ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Hi Tenno,

Spoilsport.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Hi Tenno,

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. 

I was not a victim of the glitch personally, but I'm sure a lot of Tenno's days are going to be made. They still get their shotgun riven and they get an extra kitgun riven as well! Nicely done. 

Strange how the system seems to be able to support an item showing as one type of riven, but actually pulling from a different weapon pool when revealed.  What on earth would be the point of this behaviour aside from trolling people?  I'm not saying that DE was trolling us in this case, just that I can't think of any other meaningful reason for a riven to appear as one thing, only to actually be something else.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Strange how the system seems to be able to support an item showing as one type of riven, but actually pulling from a different weapon pool when revealed.  What on earth would be the point of this behaviour aside from trolling people?  I'm not saying that DE was trolling us in this case, just that I can't think of any other meaningful reason for a riven to appear as one thing, only to actually be something else.

I don't know enough about code to tell you exactly what's happening (plus I don't have access to DE's proprietary code in the first place even if I did), but I know enough to tell you this really is more banal than you might think, as far as errors go. 

Something is pointing to something it shouldn't, stuff like this is actually one of the more common types of coding errors you might deal with when debugging. 

The Ash Arcane Scorpion Helmet has been accidentally put in place of a different cosmetic item three times now. Once instead of the Harlequin Mirage for an alert, and twice for the operator wolf hood. In this case, helmet code is pointing to the wrong helmet. 

In the case of this glitch, the riven code is somehow pointing to/selecting the wrong riven type. It's not that out there as far as errors go. 

15 minutes ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Hi Tenno,

So i just spent 300p on kitgun rivens??? So will these labeled Shotgun Rivens always be kitgun rivens?

Archived