Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Mouse Keeps Going Upward Without Input, Can't Be Moved Down

Qurossu

As of today my mouse has been giving me trouble. I start my computer, everything works fine, I launch Warframe, everything works fine. But as soon as I start a mission my mouse moves upward without my input and keeps on doing so. I can't move it downward and it makes the game unplayable. I can move my mouse sideways just fine but not downwards. I've tried restarting Warframe, restarting steam, as well as restarting my computer entirely. Also changed all my equipment (including warframe, sentinel, and sentinel weapon) and tried a different mission to see if any of these factors were causing a bug. That did not seem to be the case. Also fiddled around with some mouse settings in Windows, namely cursor speed and cursor precision (that one in the check box). My mouse working fine outside of Warframe makes me believe the problem is within Warframe itself, hence this post. Has anyone got any solutions/ideas?

P.S The mouse I'm using is an optical Logitech gaming mouse on a Steelseries mousepad. I still use windows XP (yeah, I know it's antique by now, but I'm going to upgrade it soon though). Any help would be greatly appreciated, a man can only take so many mission intros ending in me staring at the ceiling.

My peripherals are as follows: My mouse, my keyboard, an Xbox360 wired gamepad, and my external harddrive. All these are plugged in to the back of my computer with their respective usb cables.

Edit: Also recently moved my computer over from a friends house. Don't know if that is significant or not but everything worked fine when they were plugged in there yesterday.

Edited by Qurossu

Try unplugging your xbox controller. I'm guessing your right stick is stuck going upwards just a tiny little bit, which overrides your mouse control. I've had this happen a few times. If you confirm it's your controller, and you want to keep it plugged in, try wiggling the stick until the view stabilizes

Try unplugging your xbox controller. I'm guessing your right stick is stuck going upwards just a tiny little bit, which overrides your mouse control. I've had this happen a few times. If you confirm it's your controller, and you want to keep it plugged in, try wiggling the stick until the view stabilizes

Now i feel kinda dumb. Without me noticing it my gamepad had dropped into a storage compartment behind my desk. Seems the stick had gotten stuck on something and was feeding the game that unwanted input. Thanks for the help. Really gotta love the community when a solution pops up within five minutes of my original post, no matter how simple an error it actually was. Thanks a bunch guys. :)

P.S : My friends are gonna have a good laugh at my expense, you feel free to as well.