Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm looking for my main, can't decide between Sevagoth or Nidus

2FingersPrime

28 minutes ago, gazddeoan said:

So I'm just having a hard time choosing between Nidus ( I love the Phryke skin plus Nidus prime is a freaking beauty) and Sevagoth which is a very cool frame too. I love both of them with theirs skillset. If it were you who would you choose? Thanks!

Don’t listen to them.  Having rotational frame flexibility for missions is great, but if you have a frame that you consider your “special” then roll with it!

I’d say of the two kits and of the two themes, Nidus has more meat and long-term playability.

Sevagoth has a ghostly Void “Coast Guard Rescue” feel to his story and ties into RJ nicely, so it’s up to you.

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Don’t listen to them.  Having rotational frame flexibility for missions is great, but if you have a frame that you consider your “special” then roll with it!

I’d say of the two kits and of the two themes, Nidus has more meat and long-term playability.

Sevagoth has a ghostly Void “Coast Guard Rescue” feel to his story and ties into RJ nicely, so it’s up to you.

Actually using both, but ye I usually run with a frame that I love except when I have to change to do other missions. So I'm just looking for my special hehe, btw what do you mean by "meat" when talking about Nidus, is it the lore? Tks

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Personally, I would just use whichever I feel like playing whenever I feel like playing them. 

I don't "get" choosing a main on purpose.

The main chooses the Tenno. 

I play both of them actually but I have a habbit of going back to play the frame that I really like and  consider a main when It's not a must change situation

2 hours ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

I agree with you. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a main. 

If someone has a special, yeah, roll with it, but roll with it because it is your special. 

Not because you don't have a special yet and you are trying to find one and force yourself to use one of two "specials" more over the other, just because you need to feel you have a "main" for some reason. 

That's why I say let the main find you. A lot of people despite using variety have a main, it is in their stats, it is easy to see. But for most people it comes organically. They use what they like most, and over time they kind of realize that frame is their main and their stats start to make it clear as well. I'm not saying you can't/don't/shouldn't/couldn't rock your main, but let it happen accidentally in my personal opinion. 

2 hours ago, gazddeoan said:

I play both of them actually but I have a habbit of going back to play the frame that I really like and  consider a main when It's not a must change situation

My suggestion is don't try to rush this. Just keep playing like you do. When you are not using a different frame from the two, pick whichever you want whenever YOU feel like it. 

Then check your usage stats in a few months time (don't peak in the mean time, so psychologically you can't subconsciously mess this up overthinking who you pick when based on your usage stats). 

Who has the higher usage stat? 

That's your main. 

I personally don't like Nidus too much, because he gets one shot a lot. On paper he has like damage avoidance, but you have to recast the 3 again and again and again and again to be safe. BUT Nidus is really fun to play and one of the best designed Warframes.

Sevagoth on the other hand is 2 frames in one, super strong due to his Gloom aura and the damage of his shadow form. Then again his 1 and 2 are not really fun to use, because it feels like they do nothing, at least for me.

Both are absolutely strong in the right circumstances and if I were you, I would not pick one, I would let my urge to play one of them (or other frames) decide.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

My suggestion is don't try to rush this. Just keep playing like you do. When you are not using a different frame from the two, pick whichever you want whenever YOU feel like it. 

Then check your usage stats in a few months time (don't peak in the mean time, so psychologically you can't subconsciously mess this up overthinking who you pick when based on your usage stats). 

Who has the higher usage stat? 

That's your main. 

Actually nice idea, I'll try and do that. Tks

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

I personally don't like Nidus too much, because he gets one shot a lot. On paper he has like damage avoidance, but you have to recast the 3 again and again and again and again to be safe. BUT Nidus is really fun to play and one of the best designed Warframes.

Sevagoth on the other hand is 2 frames in one, super strong due to his Gloom aura and the damage of his shadow form. Then again his 1 and 2 are not really fun to use, because it feels like they do nothing, at least for me.

Both are absolutely strong in the right circumstances and if I were you, I would not pick one, I would let my urge to play one of them (or other frames) decide.

Sevagoth's 1 and 2 actually work as a nuke combo when I'm playing in map which has the level cap below <80 but higher than that I'm just using it as a debuff and to fill up the soul bar because it can't nuke anything at that level although I have a power strength build lol. Tks btw

8 hours ago, gazddeoan said:

So I'm just having a hard time choosing between Nidus ( I love the Phryke skin plus Nidus prime is a freaking beauty) and Sevagoth which is a very cool frame too. I love both of them with theirs skillset. If it were you who would you choose? Thanks!

depends on playstyle. both frames require a little upkeep, but Nidus more so, as he requires constant stack gains, while Sevagoth just needs kills, so unless you start running Steel path, it's pretty easy to keep Death Well filled. Nidus I would argue is a little more versatile, while Sevagoth seems more focused on damage and CC. in a defensive scenario I would take a Nidus as his 4 will keep spawning maggots and providing me health regen to make defending the objective easier. while Sevagoth does have his own anti-death passive, he is still squishier than Nidus, who has more armor and passive health regen. in more aggressive game modes, a well built Sevagoth can clear rooms quicker without relying too much on weapons.

both frames are excellent, though I give the edge just slightly to Nidus personally, as he also has more cosmetic options (but that's because Sevagoth is still new, and he will eventually get Tennogen and Deluxe skins one day.)

9 hours ago, gazddeoan said:

Actually using both, but ye I usually run with a frame that I love except when I have to change to do other missions. So I'm just looking for my special hehe, btw what do you mean by "meat" when talking about Nidus, is it the lore? Tks

By “meat” I mean overall there is more to him than to Sevagoth when you consider all aspects of gameplay and the Warframe Experience.

Every power in his Kit has value and synergy in terms of killing/survival/interactive gameplay, and visuals.  

Nidus’ 2 groups and negates hordes so you can hit them with weapons-this games REAL power.

You can argue that Sevagoth is actually more powerful when it comes to extreme Meta play, as many have, but I don’t have that type of experience with Sev.  Haven’t played him enough.

Both are great concepts backed by art and kit uniqueness…

Sev is the void’s Coast Guard Rescue with RJ fashion frame, his own Sentinel, and a super-ghost.

Nidus visually evolves as he stacks until he gets his unique “undying”, has a “4” that uniquely affects the battlefield both visually and with maggots, has his own Infested, talking Dentist’s office/chair that pulls and implants powers like teeth, contagious space neck-herpes that spreads to other players, and can create his own infested Doge from that cyst.

Overall, Nidus is more fun, but can get overly repetitive when the “hulk smash/stomp” thrill wanes.

Sevagoth has powers and a kit  that sometimes seem to work against the current speed of the game, even though he is powerful and also rich in backstory.

Someone may quickly respond to prove me wrong with so much kit flexibility but that’s the beauty of Warframe.  I’m an old-guard “Volt” main that sprinkles in other classic frames as needed.

Archived