Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mod challenge

(PSN)dracoromanov112

Question

I just got the free shotgun riven mod from the alert. The challenge i got is Get 3 headshot kills in a single aim glide with a hobbled dragon key equipped. I have my tomb finger kitgun with the pax seeker arcane, i tried using that with zephyr prime and went to Venus corpus survival and didn't go well as i expected. So any tips  on how to do it. best Mission, Faction type warframes, And i got Nautilus as well which is good at locking down enemies. 

15 answers to this question

Hello.

Were you using Patagium and Aero Vantage and Aerodynamic when you were Zephyr? If not I would say try again with them. They will essentially let you fly around for like 40 seconds or something silly. I use to just fly in literal circles around rooms whilst friends were freaked out. 

In my opinion don't bring Nautilus or more specifically remove the Sentinel gun and any mods that will cause it to do damage and potentially mess up your aiming (moving enemies as you are about to take a shot etc. Still nice to let it have Animal Sense. I don't know if kills from Pax Seeker count, do they? If they do, then sure, but if they don't... then that will just hinder you no? Corpus is good, they have easily identifiable heads (well the human Corpus), Grineer work fine too, so whatever you personally prefer, I would say choose a low level Survival, or Extermination. Low level because they you can mod your Warframe for air gliding and neglect normally important mods. 

Let us know how it goes, in case it doesn't go well. Good Luck! 

You can just brute force the thing: bring a Zarr / Kuva Zarr to a survival map (I tried at Gabii, Ceres, SP with infested). While aim gliding, shoot slightly above to the group's general direction - aiming optional, There were a NW daily with 40 headshots, that was 8-10 shots to my surprise. The counter went 5 by 5 at a time.

Maybe it works with another room clearer shotguns too.

Edit: it can be done with any frame, I brought a Nekros.

I like the void for this. Lots of very normal heads on those enemies. Lots of them too, in the exterminate, you'll get big groups in most rooms, esspecially early in the mission. And if you can find the challenge room with the up-flowing waterfall, you can float forever.

Ive always used the regular arca plasmor for the gun, just really nice for headshots, you can sometimes get all 3 in one shot. Never tried it with the tenet version.

3 hours ago, (PSN)dracoromanov112 said:

The challenge i got is Get 3 headshot kills in a single aim glide with a hobbled dragon key equipped.

By far the easiest way to do this challenge is with the alt fire mode of the scourge.  I take Ivara to a low level corpus map and use prowl / noise arrow / sleep arrow to group up some enemies.  Chuck the scourge at them and then shoot in that general direction with an auto-fire pistol (ak somati, etc) while aim gliding.  If you set it up properly you can't fail to complete the challenge.

I did (read: cheesed) a similar riven recently with Zephyr.  It's trivial and any mission will do, but you just have to make sure of a few things mechanically.  Do not worry about your loadout; just make sure you have enough energy (efficiency) so your 1 (held) will last a while.  Then:

1. In the mission, get in the air and cast the held version of your 1 (hold R1+X).  You can let go once you start hovering.  Feel free to move around, but don't touch the ground.

2. Hold aim (RMB on PC, probably L2 on PS) and do not let go.  As long as you do not let go, it counts as "a single aim glide".

3. Start shooting things in the head until the riven unlocks.

Have fun!

19 hours ago, (PSN)dracoromanov112 said:

I just got the free shotgun riven mod from the alert. The challenge i got is Get 3 headshot kills in a single aim glide with a hobbled dragon key equipped. I have my tomb finger kitgun with the pax seeker arcane, i tried using that with zephyr prime and went to Venus corpus survival and didn't go well as i expected. So any tips  on how to do it. best Mission, Faction type warframes, And i got Nautilus as well which is good at locking down enemies. 

first off you are not needing to get the kills with the weapon itself. you can get the headshots with your primary not just the secondary.
i normaly get the scourge spear gun weapon
Its Alternate Fire allows the very weapon itself to be thrown, inflicting a Bullet Attractor field on the heads of all enemies near the impact point.
so i just need to aim at enemies heads while the effect is active :D

My go to to these is Zephyr + Ferrox and a high firerate secondary.

Throw Ferrox at the cluster of enemies, just make sure, that there's enough actual heads in the mix to open the riven (I usually open these using Corpus, so I kill off moas 1st).

Jump up an spray with your secondary in the general direction of enemies's heads.

Voilà the riven is open!

On 2021-08-28 at 6:58 AM, (PSN)dracoromanov112 said:

If you're using Pax Seeker, i recommend to you use Khora This is how i made this challenge easily.

1. Go to the Sanctuary Onslaught.
  2. Use Ensnare.
  3. Do a headshot and immediately jump /aim glide
  4. Profit

Archived