How to unlock this Riven Mod

Swordking43

Question

So I haven't played Warframe in ages, and when I did, i didn't really pay attention to the lore, or any of the advanced stuff. After getting back into Warframe, I noticed I have 2 Riven Mods from somewhere and I have no idea how to unlock them.

The one I have questions about says"Synthesize a Simaris target without using Abilties or Traps while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped". With a 0/1 below it. I just ran a mission and scanned a Napalm Simaris target without using any abilties throughout the mission, nor did I use a Kinetic Trap with the Hobbled Dragon Key in my gear, and the thing still isn't unlocked. I scanned the two different Napalm targets, and turned in the mission, and it didn't unlock. I need to figure this out soon since i have a limited number of Synthesis Scanners and I have no idea how to get more. 

I will say I have never unlocked a Riven mod before so I have no idea if I missing something. I did create something called a Lich from some random Kuva grineer lady attacking me if that matters. 

9 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Swordking43 said:

"Synthesize a Simaris target without using Abilties or Traps while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped"

You cannot use abilities or traps during the entire mission vs any enemy. If you were using a Sentinel or a companion, I also suggest not using them... And if you already completed The Second Dream quest, I also suggest against using the child and its attacks.

Basically, run the mission without using abilities, traps, sentinel, companion and transference.

Edited by Uhkretor

33 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

You cannot use abilities or traps during the entire mission vs any enemy. If you were using a Sentinel or a companion, I also suggest not using them... And if you already completed The Second Dream quest, I also suggest against using the child and its attacks.

Basically, run the mission without using abilities, traps, sentinel, companion and transference.

That's not exactly true though. You can't use the ability in the room or to close to the Simaris target. 

I and many others just use Ivara and go invisible early (I do it from the spawn point) so the target to scan doesn't run while scanning them and I won't run out of energy. 

It even worked 2 years before I started playing and still works now.

Edited by Hello

47 minutes ago, Swordking43 said:

I scanned the two different Napalm targets, and turned in the mission, and it didn't unlock.

Are you sure you actually scanned a Simaris Synthesis target?  The one where Cephalon Simaris pops in to say "There it is!  Ripe for synthesis!" when you target it with your scanner and that requires 4 scans along different parts of its body?  And did you actually get the popup that said you gained several thousand Simaris standing?  I'm asking because only one can spawn in a mission, so if you scanned 2 in a mission, then you might just have scanned vanilla enemies instead of Simaris Synthesis targets.

2 hours ago, Swordking43 said:

I need to figure this out soon since i have a limited number of Synthesis Scanners and I have no idea how to get more. 

You buy them for credits from Simaris' shop (far right of his room as you walk into it) but ultimately you want to get the widget from him that upgrades it to have infinte uses.

Recommended to do on Capture Missions.

There's a simaris target guide somewhere on steam, google it.

• Have an Ivara with Max Efficiency build.
  • Have any equipment that is silence (or with silence mod).

1. Start mission and quickly cast Prowl (Ivara 3) to go invisible. Using any abilities before simaris says "there's a target here!" does not void the challenge.
  2. Capture your target.
  3. Protip: your enemies will be in alert mode after capturing a target, use liset Air Support Charges to reset enemy alert level to unaware.
  4. While still invisible, equip your simaris scanner, find your target, and scan it.

Congrats! You have completed one of the most annoying riven challenge.

The worst riven challenge IMO is 100m headshot kill in succession.

Edited by Rasdan

To recap several salient points already mentioned.

1. You can buy Synthesis Scanners from Cepahlon Simiaris. Ideally try and get the upgrade that lets you use scans an unlimited amount. 

2. Make sure you equip the Riven to the weapon. (Have Hobbled Key etc in gear wheel) Make sure when you are hunting for the Simaris synthesis target, its not just any enemy which is mentioned... you are looking for certain enemies specifically. They will have a trail and floating markers rotating around them. Simaris will usually announce their presence when you get close and look through the scanner.

3. Only some missions have these targets, if you Google Simaris Synthesis guide or variations of that, there will be lists that will show you which missions will have the best chance of getting one. Most will be 100% chance to spawn to a map somewhere. 

4. If you use Ivara and use prowl at the beginning of the map, use your scanner to follow the trail. You should be able to find the target this way pretty fast, even through some walls. From a distance you can Scan/Synthesis them without much trouble. Even though you are technically using a power, we have found that using Prowl/Invisible at the start of the mission, still allows for completion of this Riven challenge. 

5. Personally I like to pick Exterminate/Capture quests that also line up with the Synthesis guide locations. Remember in either case to bring a silenced weapon. I usually run a silenced Rubico or Daikyu or Stropha. Things that one shot enemies bot won't alert anyone. 

Could also always but a Riven Decipher from Teshin for Steel Essence, but despite writing a lot on this, its actually really easily challenge to do, especially the more you have done it. One of the easiest Riven challenges once you know what you are doing/have done it a few times. 

Good luck, let us know if you have any follow up questions.  

If you don't have Ivara you can if you have them just use Rhino or Inaros, put your iron skin on when you enter the level, the riven conditions only apply when you get nearer the target.

Edit:
To add, always scan their leg first that way if they move around fast you wont need to lock on and the upper body is always easier to scan.

Edited by Slayer-.