Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Plague Star

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)RapidFawn338442 said:

What's up!

This will be my first operation plague star event.  What are the "go-to"  items to farm?  Example:  orphix venom you needed to farm it for the arcanes.

Thanks!

People generally farm it for the built forma. 

But the new Ghoul Saw is also coming in the event shop this time, so that is something to be excited about and make sure you get while the event is ongoing.

I'm guessing most rewards apart from the ghoul saw will be repeats from the past, you can find the full list of past wares on the wiki:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Operation:_Plague_Star

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

People generally farm it for the built forma. 

But the new Ghoul Saw is also coming in the event shop this time, so that is something to be excited about and make sure you get while the event is ongoing.

I'm guessing most rewards apart from the ghoul saw will be repeats from the past, you can find the full list of past wares on the wiki:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Operation:_Plague_Star

It would be nice if we were told how the Ghoul Saw's acquisition will be handled and not like Lavos and Cedo with people spending their points and essentially being baited into the item being available right after. If the Ghoul Saw is only from Plague Star, the item could be much more valuable than the Forma.

I am looking forward to farming this again and seeing if anything changed. I hope each stage has bonus objectives like other bounties or even a Steel Path version for more reputation that can be completed with more standing/minute than the original for geared players.

20 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It would be nice if we were told how the Ghoul Saw's acquisition will be handled and not like Lavos and Cedo with people spending their points and essentially being baited into the item being available right after. If the Ghoul Saw is only from Plague Star, the item could be much more valuable than the Forma.

I am looking forward to farming this again and seeing if anything changed. I hope each stage has bonus objectives like other bounties or even a Steel Path version for more reputation that can be completed with more standing/minute than the original for geared players.

I bet there are ppl who would happily pay forma for ghoul saw instead of having formas anyway

51 minutes ago, Voltage said:

DE has taken a stance a while back where they hated things that aren't cosmetic* being exclusive, though Snipetron (an otherwise fully discontinued weapon) is now only available through Star Days. Not that Snipetron is good.

7 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

DE has taken a stance a while back where they hated things that aren't cosmetic* being exclusive, though Snipetron (an otherwise fully discontinued weapon) is now only available through Star Days. Not that Snipetron is good.

It took months to see Athodai and a similar situation is likely to occur for Vastilok. Baro items are similar. If Plague Star was actually occurring on the pattern it held for a while, it would still fit into the consistency of how DE treats this stuff.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

You pay for early access luxury. Typically live service games DO NOT respect early adopters.

3 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

I bet there are ppl who would happily pay forma for ghoul saw instead of having formas anyway

I'd say there would be but I'm not one of them, I'd like my Formas to much, Plague Star was my annual hunting event to gather Forma for the winter months.  :tongue:cracking relics are so unpredictable to get Forma's I try every day.

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i find it weird that people love this event for...forma? Its just as grindy as anything else, and forma is a common drop. 

How much forma do people usually get per run? Hardly seems efficient. 

Forma is not a drop from the fight, you need to get standing then buy them fully built, if that's what you were meaning.

It's also something different to do, it's like going on a road trip it keeps you occupied for a time, then back to the normal of the game.

11 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i find it weird that people love this event for...forma? Its just as grindy as anything else, and forma is a common drop. 

15 minutes for a built forma compared to 23 hours is already a very good bait. What I am looking forward to on this event is I can get some lackeys to do the event for me while I hunt Eidolons for them, a win-win situation.

13 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I typically stockpile 30-40 Forma when the event comes around

note that these are BUILT Forma

meaning it would normally have taken me a month to craft them in the Foundry

its not about the Drop Rarity, its about the Time Saved.

Anyway, This time around the Forma will not be offered because DE caught onto this.

so Unless they revamp the gameplay to make it more enjoyable, I don't have any reason to play it.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I typically stockpile 30-40 Forma when the event comes around

note that these are BUILT Forma

meaning it would normally have taken me a month to craft them in the Foundry

its not about the Drop Rarity, its about the Time Saved.

Anyway, This time around the Forma will not be offered because DE caught onto this.

so Unless they revamp the gameplay to make it more enjoyable, I don't have any reason to play it.

Correct time saver. 👍

I found the Forma especially now with these 5 Forma Weapons it fills a gap if you're having RNG nightmare of getting forma's from relics.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Wonder where you got that when the Dev Stream showed Forma in the shop, they even said people really only like the event for the Forma, and the Forma would be coming back with the event.

Spoiler

36:16 incase time share fails.

34 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Wonder where you got that when the Dev Stream showed Forma in the shop, they even said people really only like the event for the Forma, and the Forma would be coming back with the event.

Reveal hidden contents

36:16 incase time share fails.

ORLY?

well that's nice

kinda a total 180 for them, a few months back when Plague Star was "cancelled" there was big noise about the reason being that 'people only liked it for the forma'

Don't forget plague zaws and arcanes. Even if there are other events with them now, and even if Exodia Contagion received an extra strike of the nerfbat in melee/gun rebalancing, they're still top-tier melees.

Otherwise, yes, forma, and ghoulsaw and snipetron as MR fodder.

29 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

ORLY?

well that's nice

kinda a total 180 for them, a few months back when Plague Star was "cancelled" there was big noise about the reason being that 'people only liked it for the forma'

My guess is that grumbles about forma economy that started with RJ 3.0 and went on with Sisters update had an effect, without the people spending more plat on formas...

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PSN)haphazardlynamed:

ORLY?

well that's nice

Not doing something that you imagined they would do in your head isn’t a 180. That’s just you being wrong.

27 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Not doing something that you imagined they would do in your head isn’t a 180. That’s just you being wrong.

I meant their Attitude, not the predicted action. did you see that old Devstream where Reb brought up Forma in Plague Star?

was pretty clear the disdain they had for the way we were milking the event.

50 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I meant their Attitude, not the predicted action. did you see that old Devstream where Reb brought up Forma in Plague Star?

was pretty clear the disdain they had for the way we were milking the event.

you are very wrong tho, since the "people only liked it for the forma" thing was a joke with sheldon, misinterpreted and twisted (by dramatubers and doomsayers mostly) into your "knowledge" about the issue...

2 hours ago, nebfab said:

My guess is that grumbles about forma economy that started with RJ 3.0 and went on with Sisters update had an effect, without the people spending more plat on formas...

what "forma economy that started with RJ 3.0 and went on with Sisters update" you are talking about?

Imho krankbert just want to hear a "my bad, y'all". Or if you're a classy person probably an "i stand corrected, my good sir". Cmiiw.

Personally I'm no stranger to this forum's proficiency to maintain their internet dignity and never go back on whatever we said no matter how wrong it was, and try to switch the blame or turn it around. if all else fail hit the ignore button, as long as we don't need to admit that we might have made a small mistake. 

================

On to the topic itself: forma!

Enjoy your first plague star, tenno!

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I'd say there would be but I'm not one of them, I'd like my Formas to much, Plague Star was my annual hunting event to gather Forma for the winter months.  :tongue:cracking relics are so unpredictable to get Forma's I try every day.

And yet we were ok with buying plague zaw parts and exodias and other crap yet ghoul saw nope?
So seems its about where you can get that item next and not "i want it right here right now"
Where in some situation we just buy new quest related frames just because we want it so bad right now and then we do the quest or farm that frame anyway in activities related to that frame

BUT
Imagine if hemocyte would drop ghoul saw parts and BP would be the only part you can purchase for standing there
That would be best solution in my eyes

Not to mention how many ppl then would storm PS

10 hours ago, (XBOX)RapidFawn338442 said:

What's up!

This will be my first operation plague star event.  What are the "go-to"  items to farm?  Example:  orphix venom you needed to farm it for the arcanes.

Thanks!

Forma and or ghoul saw if u like melee or want it for memes, and definitely get sacrifice.

Archived