Operation Plague Star

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

what "forma economy that started with RJ 3.0 and went on with Sisters update" you are talking about?

Not the economy, the grumbling. RJ 3.0 thread was briefly overtaken by "oh no, we need to forma railjack too now?" panic. Which ended up being a bit of a teapot tempest, but IMO it made it all the more indicative -- people were upset even about the possibility they'll need more forma. Then the new kuva/tenet stuff was added with Sisters. It's a substantial forma sink, and people are complaining about it.

And it wasn't like that before, people complained about just about everything but forma sink aspect of liches when they were originally released. I honestly can't remember any big complaints about formas from 2019 until this year, but I might be wrong.

Edited by nebfab

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i find it weird that people love this event for...forma? Its just as grindy as anything else, and forma is a common drop. 

How much forma do people usually get per run? Hardly seems efficient. 

Gameplay in Warframe is fun, but rewards are usually one and done. Forma is a great consumable as a reward and not everyone wants to continuously buy packs with Platinum or sell other items to buy said packs. I personally like farming it for Relics and Forma to save Platinum while enjoying the gameplay.

If you're laser focused on efficiency disconnected from the mission the item comes from, you'll just become a full time trader and not actually grinding items to get them (with the exception of non-tradeable stuff).

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I'd say there would be but I'm not one of them, I'd like my Formas to much, Plague Star was my annual hunting event to gather Forma for the winter months.  :tongue:cracking relics are so unpredictable to get Forma's I try every day.

2 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

And yet we were ok with buying plague zaw parts and exodias and other crap yet ghoul saw nope?
So seems its about where you can get that item next and not "i want it right here right now"
Where in some situation we just buy new quest related frames just because we want it so bad right now and then we do the quest or farm that frame anyway in activities related to that frame

BUT
Imagine if hemocyte would drop ghoul saw parts and BP would be the only part you can purchase for standing there
That would be best solution in my eyes

Not to mention how many ppl then would storm PS

Plague Zaw parts and Exodias parts are from that event along with the Ghoul Saw, I'm glad some things in this game cannot be skipped.

We buy them all with standing from doing the Event, it would be interesting if it did drop from the Hemocyte but then the drop rate would be bad for some players, at least with this way we get the standing and buy the parts we need from her shop in Cetus.

Quest frames if players want to skip them that's their choice, they get a riven mod when they finally do the Quest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (XBOX)RapidFawn338442 said:

What's up!

This will be my first operation plague star event.  What are the "go-to"  items to farm?  Example:  orphix venom you needed to farm it for the arcanes.

Thanks!

built Forma. we - meaning myself and other players who go through a lot of forma -  cannot stress this enough. this is the only chance you've got to obtain a ton of Forma without waiting on build times and without paying any plat. if you happen to have any frames or weapons that you really like, or gear you might want to invest in later, for the love of the void get as much forma as you possibly can.

also, get the Ghoul Saw. we don't know if it will be tied specifically to plague star or not, and if it is, then you will have to wait literal years for it if you miss out on it this time. also the Plague Kripath/Keewar  Zaw strikes and Exodia Epidemic and Contagion should also be there, but are only useful if you have a Zaw and they will probably run Nights of Naberus at halloween again which will retrun those Exodias and the plague zaws anyway.

main priority for most players though is to get as much Forma as they can before the event ends, and once I have my ghoul saw, I'll continue running the event for that reason. 

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nebfab said:

Don't forget plague zaws and arcanes. Even if there are other events with them now, and even if Exodia Contagion received an extra strike of the nerfbat in melee/gun rebalancing, they're still top-tier melees.

Otherwise, yes, forma, and ghoulsaw and snipetron as MR fodder.

"Top tier" 

19789999.jpg

Exodia contagion doesn't even dent sp enemies, nerfbat has well and truly wrecked it into the ground

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

Necramech go dakkadakkadakkadak.

and .. erm.. umm.  maybe some people will use Bonewidow!

Maybe some people will rage if DE apply the Lich damage reduction to the Hemocyte to counter Mechs. SeMz4.gif

2 hours ago, nebfab said:

I honestly can't remember any big complaints about formas from 2019 until this year, but I might be wrong

I suppose the difference was that the only things you needed forma for were Paracesis plus a relative few kuva weapons and to forma mod slots for your enjoyment.

Then the kuva weapons expanded and mechs appeared and more sister weapons too - the number of forma required shot up from many-but-manageable, to taking-the-piss levels. It would not surprise me if DE comes out one devstream and announces that all weapons can now be forma-d to level 40, because Tencent has told them to increase plat sales.

10 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Maybe some people will rage if DE apply the Lich damage reduction to the Hemocyte to counter Mechs. SeMz4.gif

2 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

you mean banshee will have more gamemodes to play in!

HjxzV.jpg

Your right, closet Banshee's rejoice. beaF1.gif

:tongue: I3cf9.gif

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voltage said:

I am looking forward to farming this again and seeing if anything changed. I hope each stage has bonus objectives like other bounties or even a Steel Path version for more reputation that can be completed with more standing/minute than the original for geared players.

I'm looking forward to doing Plague Star with the Necramechs. Should be straightforward dumb stupid fun.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

"Top tier" 

19789999.jpg

Exodia contagion doesn't even dent sp enemies, nerfbat has well and truly wrecked it into the ground

I meant zaws themselves are still as good as any melee can be now.

7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

ORLY?

well that's nice

kinda a total 180 for them, a few months back when Plague Star was "cancelled" there was big noise about the reason being that 'people only liked it for the forma'

That was a joke by Sheldon in a "recent" devstream that was likely rooted in the massive conspiracy theory that Plague Star would never have forma again as a reward since the Deimos Halloween event didnt while it had the plague zaw pieces etc. That was among the other conspiracy theories that Plague Star would never come back at all and Halloween would be the new yearly way to get zaw pieces. So they cant really do a 180 when they never intended for a change to begin with.

I guess they made a 360 and walked away. Hue-hue-hue.

1 minute ago, nebfab said:

I meant zaws themselves are still as good as any melee can be now.

Zaws themselves didn't get updated when melee 3.0 happened, They are good but no where near the top dogs

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Soy77:

Imho krankbert just want to hear a "my bad, y'all". Or if you're a classy person probably an "i stand corrected, my good sir". Cmiiw.

I’d also have been happy with silence. My standards are low.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nebfab said:

Not the economy, the grumbling. RJ 3.0 thread was briefly overtaken by "oh no, we need to forma railjack too now?" panic. Which ended up being a bit of a teapot tempest, but IMO it made it all the more indicative -- people were upset even about the possibility they'll need more forma. Then the new kuva/tenet stuff was added with Sisters. It's a substantial forma sink, and people are complaining about it.

And it wasn't like that before, people complained about just about everything but forma sink aspect of liches when they were originally released. I honestly can't remember any big complaints about formas from 2019 until this year, but I might be wrong.

You are wrong tho, because it was like that since Paracesis (2018), Liches (2019) and Necramechs (2020) before the introduction of New railjack and sisters (2021). The thing with "put 5 forma to reach max rank" had been a discussion topic since 2018, but accepted as "well, it's just this item" and got worse with Liches and reached maximum discomfort with Necramechs since, at that time, they were only usable on Open Worlds, so leveling them was a total pain (until Orphix Venom).

• Like 1

Oh great they didn't update it either, still the worst mission in the game but everyone excuses that crap bounty cause formas. Makes me think no one would ever complain about stuff if we dangle a built forma in front of them.

Really don't like ghoul saw being in plague star as it doesn't fit and makes it so badly limited to aquire opposed to putting it into ghoul bounties

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

It's a forma farm.

But I never actually farmed forma from it, if I ever got it, it's from excess points. I'll get the ghoul saw and mod (unless they're overpriced) and will continue to ignore it :) 

The ghoul saw has 4 pieces for 4000 each + the stance for 3000 (numbers are from the stream). If you got a good group you can get it in 8 runs, otherwise a max of 23 runs

• Like 2

I wanna give a heads up to the OP if this is your first Plague Star. Farm up Grokdrul and Iradite prior to the event, since you will need them for a gear wheel item if you wanna run the highest difficulty for the highest standing rewards during the event. The items requires 15 Iradite and 20 Grokdul per craft and you get 5 of that items per craft. If you are comfortable with Steel Path you can get more than enough in about an hour unboosted. I had ran out of the mats so did three 10 minute farm runs this friday with a 2x drop booster from Baro and that yielded me 1000+ Grok and around 850 or so Iradite.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Necramechs since, at that time, they were only usable on Open Worlds, so leveling them was a total pain (until Orphix Venom).

Thermia Fractures are the way to lvel mechs. All the way to level 40 in next to no time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

Thermia Fractures are the way to lvel mechs. All the way to level 40 in next to no time.

thermia fractures, while recurring, aren't available all the time. Orphix it's still more easy imho, but II said that because I've already have my 2 mechs full modded.

On 2021-08-28 at 6:03 PM, (XBOX)RapidFawn338442 said:

What's up!

This will be my first operation plague star event.  What are the "go-to"  items to farm?  Example:  orphix venom you needed to farm it for the arcanes.

Thanks!

I don't know how long you been in the game so will just state stuff if you were 100% new
ghoul saw
the 2 plague zaw arcanes
plague zaw parts
snipertron
ether daggers
tons of the cetus wisps an forma

2 hours ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

tons of the cetus wisps an forma

currently EIdolon content it's pretty accesible if the player pc can handle it, without plat investment solo tridolon it's perfectly doable and and you can buy cetus wisp from Onko at a decent price if you don't want to farm (I prefer to buy them when I try new amp combinations), so I would go for the forma instead cetus wisps