Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's a reason you have a "Hydron" problem.

You removed certain RJ nodes because you said you didn't like your "Hydron" problem and didn't want only one node to be used for affinity gain like that.

Well, you're the ones doing it.  I tried to run a Corpus Veil Exterminate in RJ and none of the enemies were taken off alert status after being put to sleep by lull which the half the skill is resetting alert status on enemies put to sleep.  They were asleep and still registered as partially fill triangles on the minimap to indicate a partial alert level and wouldn't give stealth kill affinity bonuses.  The whole mission was like that.

Not being able to run using stealth kill affinity bonuses for faster leveling of this absolutely abhorrent grind (Who puts in an exponential experience system?  You hit rank 9/10 and you're literally halfway done.  That's atrocious.) automatically means these missions are worth close to 5 times less affinity than a mission like Flexa where you can maintain the bonus for the ground portions and that's before you factor in how much lower the exp is for Corpus vs Grineer, and there's zero reason for there to be that xp difference since the current Corpus are such a pain to fight.  You've repeatedly buffed them and haven't increased the xp for the faction to match their constantly increasing difficulty.  

Running without the stealth bonus and just plowing through a Corpus veil mission as fast as possible netted me less intrinsics over time than just going to run an easier Grineer mission.  You have problems like the Hydron problem and other hard metas because you absolutely refuse to address the actual issues creating those problematic metas.  I still have Corpus missions I haven't cleared on the RJ starchart, I would 100% run them instead of Flexa, but it's going to be a waste of the affinity weekend running missions that are so much less efficient and I would really like to be done with this stupid grind some time this century.

I don't even know why I bother anymore though.  You don't care that every other faction is so much slower for leveling than grineer, or that only specific nodes and metas are effective for leveling, or that those are usually the least engaging gameplay.  You want it to take forever.  

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

They were asleep and still registered as partially fill triangles on the minimap to indicate a partial alert level and wouldn't give stealth kill affinity bonuses.  The whole mission was like that.

That's not just railjack, normal corpus ship has been like that ever since they changed the tileset. Enemies suddenly go to half or full alert when there's absolutely nothing around or when you've been invisible for the whole time.

So as you said, Corpus are just flat out defective.

Out of all the things DE refuses to fix.... This problem is the most perplexing.... Because I believe leaving Affinity Acquisition in the state it's in now is just not all that beneficial to them....

Like you said:

On 2021-08-29 at 5:36 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

or that those are usually the least engaging gameplay.

And DE is driving players torwards that way of playing.... It's causing long term damage.... 

On 2021-08-28 at 8:36 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

You want it to take forever.

Sadly, with everything I see design wise, this is likely the exact case. Nothing in game feels rewarding when accomplished, because the effort to get there is never on par rewarding. Or worse yet, just opens the way to a content island. Its a growing unvirtuous feedback cycle of sorts I am getting as I go on playing. I'd happily grind for things, happily. But when progression feels absolutely stagnated, and not rewarding from enduring it, it is all horridly unfun.

Archived