No longer new player friendly (kuva/tennet Mr lock)

(PSN)str8outtafuxsir

6 minutes ago, (PSN)str8outtafuxsir said:

Why DE did you turn all tennet/kuva weapons to have a mastery requirement.  Makes me think that the end of Warframe is near by discouraging new players to see why warframe WAS a big deal.

They have always had MR locks, acquiring them from the Foundry bypasses this. Why is this an issue you're bringing up now?

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, (PSN)str8outtafuxsir said:

Why DE did you turn all tennet/kuva weapons to have a mastery requirement.  Makes me think that the end of Warframe is near by discouraging new players to see why warframe WAS a big deal.

Another doom and gloom post? At the very least you should get your facts right. There is no MR lock on the Tenet or Kuva weapons. Sure, they show a MR level, but it doesn’t prevent anyone at all from using them. Liches and Sisters are not really designed for new players anyway.

Exactly what do you think the big deal here is? DE isn’t discouraging new players, and they are still making decent conte t for the game. There is no issue, the game isn’t going to end soon. Everything will be fine.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Giancka said:

Why would a new player try to kill a lich in the first place? I assume new players don't even have access to railjack that early, and the last step required for killing a lich is playing a railjack mission.

The game pushes liches on you relatively early on. IMO they should not be available until the star chart is cleared and railjack is obtained. All you have to do is get a railjack and complete war within for them to start. Railjack just requires rising tide (second dream) and a ton of resources. Or a player could bypass the railjack requirements altogether and just buy one off the market for a measely 400p. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The game pushes liches on you relatively early on. IMO they should not be available until the star chart is cleared and railjack is obtained. All you have to do is get a railjack and complete war within for them to start. Railjack just requires rising tide (second dream) and a ton of resources. Or a player could bypass the railjack requirements altogether and just buy one off the market for a measely 400p. 

Don't you need RJ to fight it? Or is it come as weapon or as converted Lich?

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

So they couldn't bypass RJ requirements, as you said.

I really don't follow what you're saying.

Are you hung up on this?

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Or a player could bypass the railjack requirements altogether and just buy one off the market for a measely 400p.

The "railjack requirements" I am talking about are the requsite quest associated with acquiring a railjack. By purchasing one directly you do not have to meet the typical requirements. Meaning you could buy a Railjack prior to completing Second Dream if you wanted. Normally you have to complete Second Dream to unlock the Railjack Quest.

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I really don't follow what you're saying.

Are you hung up on this?

The "railjack requirements" I am talking about are the requsite quest associated with acquiring a railjack. By purchasing one directly you do not have to meet the typical requirements. Meaning you could buy a Railjack prior to completing Second Dream if you wanted. Normally you have to complete Second Dream to unlock the Railjack Quest.

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant buying Lich not RJ. My bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quxier said:

Yeah, we "cannot" buy them. We can buy access to Lich' fight (I don't know details because I haven't bought one yet).

If a player has Converted a Kuva Lich ally, they can Trade it with another player in the Crimson Branch room in a Dojo (not through a Trading Post).

The Lich now becomes the adversary of the player who received it in the Trade. They must do the whole Murmurs-and-stabbing thing to deafeat the Lich, and then have the usual choice to Vanquish or Convert.

A Converted Lich acquired through Trading cannot be Traded again.

On 2021-08-29 at 5:50 AM, Xaero said:

Is there anything at all in Lich system that makes you think it's designed with new players in mind?

Well, the fact that it's available at MR5 certainly has scope to give the wrong impression...

On 2021-10-12 at 3:09 PM, Giancka said:

Why would a new player try to kill a lich in the first place?

Last I checked, new players are not forewarned in the game about how the Kuva Lich system works.

Normally, the game won't allow players access to content which is much higher-level than they've already completed (taxis notwithstanding).  And everywhere else in the game, nothing you do in a mission has repercussions outside of that mission.

So it's quite possible that a player who's just completed War Within -- and can handle lvl.20-30 enemies at most -- will simply follow the prompts. They know only that interacting with this mook they just downed will spawn a "Kuva Lich" (whatever that is) and have no reason to suppose they won't be fighting and killing the thing there and then.

Based on everything they've done in the game so far, they may expect the worst that can happen is they get their butt kicked to death and fail the mission. If in co-op, they don't even have the option to pause the game and look it up in the wiki. They also don't know if that Larvling thing is a rare spawn -- maybe if don't do the interaction they'll lose out on whatever cool loot this "Kuva Lich" thing (whatever that is) might drop, and not have this chance again for a long time.

So yeah, a fair number of newbies may be expected to take the plunge, make the stab... and seriously reget it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OmegaVoid said:

Last I checked, new players are not forewarned in the game about how the Kuva Lich system works.

Normally, the game won't allow players access to content which is much higher-level than they've already completed (taxis notwithstanding).  And everywhere else in the game, nothing you do in a mission has repercussions outside of that mission.

So it's quite possible that a player who's just completed War Within -- and can handle lvl.20-30 enemies at most -- will simply follow the prompts. They know only that interacting with this mook they just downed will spawn a "Kuva Lich" (whatever that is) and have no reason to suppose they won't be fighting and killing the thing there and then.

Based on everything they've done in the game so far, they may expect the worst that can happen is they get their butt kicked to death and fail the mission. If in co-op, they don't even have the option to pause the game and look it up in the wiki. They also don't know if that Larvling thing is a rare spawn -- maybe if don't do the interaction they'll lose out on whatever cool loot this "Kuva Lich" thing (whatever that is) might drop, and not have this chance again for a long time.

So yeah, a fair number of newbies may be expected to take the plunge, make the stab... and seriously reget it.

They pick a Lich mission, fail a mission and they won't do those mission again.

They will regret that they will have Ordis/Lotus 2.0 + few stuffs stolen for one planet.

4 hours ago, quxier said:

They will regret that they will have Ordis/Lotus 2.0 + few stuffs stolen for one planet.

Personally I find Lich Hunting one of the most enjoyable experiences in the game, but...

...them voice lines, though... all the ****ing time... imagine never getting a break from that! Literally, worse than Ordis😛

(And stolen loot is no trifling matter for a newbie.)

7 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

...them voice lines, though... all the ****ing time... imagine never getting a break from that! Literally, worse than Ordis😛

It's just once per login + if you are on given planet. Ordis can blabling while you want to click some button...

7 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

(And stolen loot is no trifling matter for a newbie.)

Is it really that huge? I heard you need war within quest so my quess is player is capable of gathering loot more efficiently than Lich level 1 can steal.