Tenet Cycron and Trick Mag, Why SHOULD this work?

(PSN)Poestis

Why doesn't [Trick Mag] (+90% Ammo Maximum), in all legit honesty work on the both Cycrons?  It's rechargeable magazine IS it's full ammo, so in my head it should double the magazine. This seems like a bug to me and DE should fix it.  Otherwise the mod is straight up lying, they could at least define it better than "ammo maximum" if the mod isn't supposed to do that.  This would probably buff a lot of other beam weapons if it was true.  So, I guess that's something DE wouldn't like?  I don't know.

They should at least add in "Recharge Delay Rate" mods for these certain beam weapons into the game.  I run out of ammo all the time with the new Tenet Cycron and it does hinder fluidity in certain instances.  If they want to buff some guns to match up to melees a little bit more, than this is one thing they could do.

Edited by (PSN)Poestis
  • Like 1

It is pretty simple why this doesn't work. "Ammo Maximum" is basically the ammo reserves. These weapons have no ammo reserves. All of the ammo is held in the weapon itself. This is why +Magazine Size adds to the amount of ammo in these guns not Ammo Maximum.

This does not need changed/adjusted.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Poestis said:

Why doesn't [Trick Mag] (+90% Ammo Maximum), in all legit honesty work on the both Cycrons?  It's rechargeable magazine IS it's full ammo, so in my head it should double the magazine.

Same reason these don't increase ammo based on a normal weapon like the Supra Vandal's ammo reserve plus magazine.  These mods increase the maximum ammo reserve, which at full capacity is all the available ammo except what is in the magazine already.  Cycron and the like don't have any ammo besides what's in the magazine, so...

If you want to increase magazine capacity, use a magazine bonus mod.   And in the meantime, try to enjoy the fact that -max ammo rivens don't also decrease your magazine capacity.

• Like 1

If Anything

I would say there needs to be a Restriction where you cannot equip the mod on weapons that have No Ammo Reserve

this is something that DE needs to do some maintenance on In General, for a time there were careful about making mods only equippable where they actually function, but seems they've gotten lazy lately and just let it be the players problem to discover which ones don't actually work....

8 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I would say there needs to be a Restriction where you cannot equip the mod on weapons that have No Ammo Reserve

This is way beyond DE's ability.

It should work like this but DE hasn't fixed this in what.. 7 years? We still have tons of mods that are useless on loads of weapons (zero functionality).

• Like 1

On 2021-08-29 at 12:25 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Same reason these don't increase ammo based on a normal weapon like the Supra Vandal's ammo reserve plus magazine.  These mods increase the maximum ammo reserve, which at full capacity is all the available ammo except what is in the magazine already.  Cycron and the like don't have any ammo besides what's in the magazine, so...

If you want to increase magazine capacity, use a magazine bonus mod.   And in the meantime, try to enjoy the fact that -max ammo rivens don't also decrease your magazine capacity.

Primed Slip Magazine it is... but still wish it was a exilus slot mod.

• Like 1