Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Rework

A-Midnight-Shanking

REMOVE

(1) Ripline:

Added to Helminth as a universal ability that utilizes the Parazon and removed from Valkyr's base kit.

Augment - Swing Line

Sold by Cephalon Simaris.

ADD

(1) Pounce (25)

When targeting an enemy, using Pounce will leap onto enemies up to 50m away. A finisher will be performed on valid targets with Valkyr's Talons, otherwise a Slash proc will be applied.

Mods slotted onto Valkyrs Exalted Talons modify this damage, in addition to being modified by Power Strength, however Power Strength does not double-dip.

Augment - Hysterical Assault

Repeated casts of Pounce reduce the cost and increase the damage.

(2) Warcry

This ability is fine.

(3) Paralysis

Consumes 100% of shields.

Damage scaling increased to 6x/7.5x/9x/10.5x

Enemies stumbled are opened up for Mercy Kills during their animation.

(4) Hysteria

Remove the stored damage mechanic.

Remove Invincibility.

Replace with 90% damage reduction.

Augment - Enraged

Add Invincibility.

26 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Interesting...

I like Pounce and Paralyze.

Star Trek Wow GIF

Thanks. The forced Finisher on Pounce + Mobility aspect of it fit with her berserker aspect more than a rope-a-dope and allows players to more easily build into finisher Mods/Arcanes

Paralysis is the only slightly concerning one regarding the forced Mercy Kill state as it could potentially be used to just cheese high DR enemies, but IMO the presentation of the status and distinct button press just make it so much easier to choose to do. IMO if they made the Finisher state for non-prone enemies have a similar presentation, that would be fantastic.

And of course the upfront expulsion of all her shields means it can be more easily made into a nuke ability with proper mod/ability/resource investment, throttled by the short range and shield recharge. (which allows it to keep the low cost should a Player just want to use it for CC)

I also don't like invincibility on Hysteria, like why would you give Invincibility AND life steal.

But i think that 90% dmg reduction AND life steal would be a lil to strong, she has good armor and armor buff on warcry.

Instead give her dmg increase based on the ammount of dmg she takes. I like the rest.

2 minutes ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

The forced Finisher on Pounce + Mobility aspect of it fit with her berserker aspect more than a rope-a-dope and allows players to more easily build into finisher Mods/Arcanes

I could not have articulated that myself, but that is exactly how I feel. It belongs on her berserker style!

3 minutes ago, KondziQ said:

I also don't like invincibility on Hysteria, like why would you give Invincibility AND life steal.

But i think that 90% dmg reduction AND life steal would be a lil to strong, she has good armor and armor buff on warcry.

Instead give her dmg increase based on the ammount of dmg she takes. I like the rest.

I do like the unique aspect of Hysteria that makes her nearly unkillable. (which also makes her a great starter frame) but am also in agreement that pure damage mitigation isn't really good gameplay.

However I totally see why a more damage trading aspect is more of a berserker playstyle.

Perhaps one of them could be relegated to an Augment?

EG: Enraged augment now removes the invulnerability/Damage resist in exchange for ramping damage and range the more damage you take? (resetting after some amount of seconds not taking damage)

Archived